Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 804267 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: It Just Works
« Reply #6165 on: May 25, 2016, 01:13:51 pm »

I still carry mine around, but it only gets used on things that are stupid bullet-sponges, generally I use my gauss rifle for everything else.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6166 on: May 25, 2016, 01:36:43 pm »

I have a mod that gives vertibirds explosive miniguns. Large part of why I decided to do a brotherhood run.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6167 on: May 25, 2016, 02:32:15 pm »

The thing about bleeding damage is that there are no generalized resistances that apply to it as there are for things like physical, radiation, and poison damage--and it stacks! It's typeless true damage that is equally effective against every enemy in the game. The only reason it's not the best thing in the game is because other approaches to damage are as or more broken and apply their damage instantly.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6168 on: May 25, 2016, 03:46:13 pm »

Does it work on synths??
I still carry mine around, but it only gets used on things that are stupid bullet-sponges, generally I use my gauss rifle for everything else.
This is what I did with an explosive combat rifle (so not even using the multi-pellet madness).  The explosive trait seems crazy strong compared to everything short of "Extra damage to full health" on a 6-crank musket.  And I guess bleed, which I never tried.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6169 on: May 25, 2016, 05:59:05 pm »

The thing about bleeding damage is that there are no generalized resistances that apply to it as there are for things like physical, radiation, and poison damage--and it stacks! It's typeless true damage that is equally effective against every enemy in the game. The only reason it's not the best thing in the game is because other approaches to damage are as or more broken and apply their damage instantly.

Doesn't matter if it stacks insanely if the target doesn't drop in a reasonable timeframe.  I've had to hold on single targets for more than ten seconds with the weapon, and during a large battle (the only time I use heavy or full auto weapons) that is completely unacceptable.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6170 on: May 25, 2016, 08:21:58 pm »

Doesn't matter if it stacks insanely if the target doesn't drop in a reasonable timeframe.  I've had to hold on single targets for more than ten seconds with the weapon, and during a large battle (the only time I use heavy or full auto weapons) that is completely unacceptable.

You don't have to hold it on single targets. Very few things in the game won't tick down from a second or two worth of stacked bleeds. Admittedly, it's not as good for killing large numbers of enemies, it's much more oriented around burning single very nasty targets, like Mirelurk Queens and high-tier Deathclaws, so it's better when put on something like an automatic pistol that doesn't take much carry weight. Mirelurk Queen down in two drums from a pipe rifle, Alpha Deathclaw in ~1/4 of a box of minigun ammo, stuff like that. It's fire-and-forget, ~2-4s of firing on one of the toughest enemies in the game and then you can walk away while they die for relatively low ammo costs. Pretty sure I saw a .gif a while back where someone killed a Mirelurk Queen with two mags from a Wounding 10mm auto.

But yeah, if you need something for mowing down trash, explosive is obviously the way to go.

Does it work on synths??
It does. Robots as well.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 12:18:28 am by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6171 on: May 25, 2016, 09:47:35 pm »

Heh, someone on youtubs got a crippling walking cane :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6172 on: May 27, 2016, 12:01:35 am »

Hey, guess what I'm doing :D

I'm making a mod for Fallout 4, and it's gonna be a BIG one, it adds Skills, a new Perks system that replicates that of New Vegas' Perks system, I'm gonna try and redo the spawns in the game to make them un-leveled, and among other things, pretty much make it into the game I've been wanting for 5 (7) years.

I'll try and post pics of the work in progress version in a while, stand by :D

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6173 on: May 27, 2016, 10:38:47 am »

I want a mod that makes stuff continuously spawn around one settlement, or maybe just the one you're closest to. Tower defence mode would be fun.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6174 on: May 27, 2016, 08:33:36 pm »

So, I was thinking of coming back to Fallout 4 after letting it rest for a few months.  I was curious though, if anyone had any particular mods they wished to recommend, as leaving it to rest also left me a bit out of the loop.  I pretty much only have the Unofficial Patch, NewDialog, and I'm watching the Script Extender at this point, though I don't have any mods that require it yet.  I'm not as much interested in CPU- or GPU-heavy graphical overhauls, but otherwise I don't have much in the way of preferences.  Thank you in advance for anything you may think of. ^_^

EDIT: Add the Texture Optimization Project to that short list; I suspect that it may help my poor beleaguered GPU a wee bit.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 08:46:00 pm by Culise »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6175 on: May 28, 2016, 12:21:40 am »

I stopped playing recently because the last update broke all my script extender mods, every other one seems fine. I suppose they always need updating after new versions drop, In Hindsight perhaps it's not worth using mods that break with every patch.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6176 on: June 03, 2016, 05:35:22 pm »

Just got Point Lookout 2.0

They made a tower defense minigame out of the building system. That's actually kinda awesome.

Also, I just received "Robes of Atoms Faithful" and it has 25 rad damage resist, but also notes a "Rad Resist 5"
Does this mean what I think it means? Does it let you just straight up IGNORE up to 5 points of rads? If so this is literally the new best clothes in the game.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6177 on: June 21, 2016, 04:21:19 pm »

I spent a while mucking about with factory stuff earlier, couldn't figure out how to get multiple inputs into a single conveyor system.

Being able to mass produce stuff is nice though, churned out several hundred rounds of minigun ammo in no time at all.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6178 on: June 22, 2016, 02:26:28 am »

I never liked fighting Super Mutants in this game.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6179 on: June 22, 2016, 02:58:29 am »

Super mutants and ghouls are convenient ways to vary the enemy types in the game without having to create something new that may or may not be liked by the fans of the series. Keeping at least some variety in the aesthetic and gameplay attributes of different enemies/areas in the game is important for an open world game to delay things getting too samey.

With the modifications to limb crippling and addition of glowing one resurrection powers ghouls are somewhat different to fight than any other enemy in the game. They also work well for horror-esque areas because of the whole zombie thing.

Supers are basically just a part of the raider/mutant/mercenary group, where all three function the same way but have different gear and stats to distinguish them. Anything that could replace supers would be basically the same thing, so there's no point in replacing them. You could paint them red and coat them in hair but they'd still be supers in all the ways that matter.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 462