Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 388471 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG
« Reply #420 on: July 17, 2018, 02:30:06 pm »

Kara laughed (which sounded more like cawing) both out of joy and out of stress (or rather being relieved from it).
"Thanks Drett. You don't know how happy I am to-"
Kara interrupted her speech as she noticed something with the corner of her eye.
"Oh, damn, wait, excuse me one second. Sorry. Be right back." Kara apologized with a small bow before running away.

"Oops! Sorry! Sorry everyone." Kara apologized yet again as she neared the people gathering in front of the door.
"I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't be dangerous to remove the artifact from this room. Here, I'll get the door for you." she added as she hurriedly approached the door and touched the Crystal on it.

"If you still think its too dangerous to take the artifact with us, then I suppose I could wait here and guard it, even though I would really like to explore this place. I'll even give you Crystal Friend if you promise not to let anything happen to it, I really like this thing. And hey, maybe those Abducted in the first room have read those tablets and found something about what the artifact does, so maybe I won't have to wait that long."

Open the door for the others but do not leave the room yet.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 17, 2018, 02:56:19 pm »

Follow Kara as she is the only one able to open the doors, and once she opens them, move in and start the looting fest.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:36:43 am by Praefectus Screptum »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 17, 2018, 02:57:34 pm »

”Tell you what Clate, I want to use some of those dice, but I’ll let you hold on to ‘em if you open that there box. Other than that, with the possible exception of the knife and the box, I’ll let you hold onto the unique stuff, and I’ll take half the gold, and half the materials. I’m also not likely to be stingy with my share, if you want to utilize materials for community projects and such”

"Nonsense, friend harm. This was a team effort, so we should both grab a somewhat equal share, no? What say you grab half of the octahedrons (8 ), the junk (6) and the gold cubes (3), along with the knife and the wire? I'll grab the other half of the stuff along with the labradorite rod and the chrome stuff. We'll open up the slate box right here to see what's up with it. Deal?"

To expand on Lupanian's action, the current loot divide is as follows:
- Clate: 8 Octaherdrons, 6 structural junk, 2 gold cubes, chrome stuff, labradorite rod
- Harm:7 octahedrons, 6 structural junk, 3 gold cubes, silver/tin wire, knife

For my actual action, I'll stuff the above mentioned things in my hammerspace pockets. Then we'll inspect the slate box. If it doesn't seem trapped/dangerous at first glance, gently open it, preferably using the tip of my shovel blade instead of my hands if possible. Check what's inside.

If nothing bad has happened up until now, start hacking off chunks of the lead tree that's grown over barrel number 1 with my shovel. Try to free the barrel and its contents from the lead if possible, but be sure to leave the snake and pinecone incased in lead.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 03:21:06 pm by Pancaek »

Hotfire90

« Reply #423 on: July 17, 2018, 02:58:43 pm »

Commence with the looting once Kara opens the door.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 17, 2018, 05:18:08 pm »

"Thanks for the help." Vikkan said wearily, trying to stay as upright and dignified as possible in his sorry state while being helped by Drett and whoever decided to keep him propped up during his trek back to the place they'd somehow left.

Wiellste's theories made him raise an eyebrow. It was a really weird thing to hear, but then again he wasn't too familiar with the effects of diving. He also didn't want to sound doubtful or suspicious and come off as rude, specially when she seemed to mean well and his memories did get scrambled with.

"So the spell made my right hand disappear and erases my memories of ever having one?" he asked, looking down at his pendant-less chain. "If that's the case, then maybe they did something else. I have this chain but I have no idea why, there's nothing on it. Could someone have taken what was here?" The arrival of more people cut Vikkan's theorizing short.

"Reuniting with the bore would be good for my health. Are people done exploring?" he asked.

Waiting until people decide they've looted enough and we can move on.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 03:26:19 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 18, 2018, 11:50:52 am »

We should be save leaving and taking the artifact with us - there appears to have been no failsafes removing it from the pedestal. It would likely be a safer bet to move it to the room where we descended in case of emergency.

Follow the group. Keep an eye out for anything that could be useful in a medical context. Or books! Anything information-wise would be great.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 18, 2018, 12:32:19 pm »

Get back to the group and through the door. Try to figure out my new pet's purpose or qualities on the way.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #427 on: July 18, 2018, 12:47:43 pm »

"That was completely unintentional, I assure you!" AsHul mutters as he backs slowly away.

UnDive! Back to Akhmah with my ill-gotten gains.

[18]
You close your eyes and then open them. You're back in your normal body. You try to sit up but your entire body is asleep; absolutely numb and very awkward. You mange, with some effort, to jerk yourself into a seated position and wait a few minutes as all the feeling returns in waves of pins and needles.

The bronze sphere and the sheet music are sitting next to you and you gather them up with clumsy fingers and stuff them in your bag.

Kara laughed (which sounded more like cawing) both out of joy and out of stress (or rather being relieved from it).
"Thanks Drett. You don't know how happy I am to-"
Kara interrupted her speech as she noticed something with the corner of her eye.
"Oh, damn, wait, excuse me one second. Sorry. Be right back." Kara apologized with a small bow before running away.

"Oops! Sorry! Sorry everyone." Kara apologized yet again as she neared the people gathering in front of the door.
"I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't be dangerous to remove the artifact from this room. Here, I'll get the door for you." she added as she hurriedly approached the door and touched the Crystal on it.

"If you still think its too dangerous to take the artifact with us, then I suppose I could wait here and guard it, even though I would really like to explore this place. I'll even give you Crystal Friend if you promise not to let anything happen to it, I really like this thing. And hey, maybe those Abducted in the first room have read those tablets and found something about what the artifact does, so maybe I won't have to wait that long."

Open the door for the others but do not leave the room yet.

You carry your crystal friend down to the entrance that everyone seems to be congregating at and use him to get everyone through.

Head back together with the others. While heading back, keep an eye out for interesting items or wall markings or side chambers or crystal constructs.

Remember how I oriented myself before? Use that to help me navigate and not get lost in the crystal palace.

You carefully orient yourself towards the largest spire and lock that place into your mind. You make sure to keep it in the back of your head at all times, so that you can navigate with it as the point of reference.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
You orient yourself and head back down. Its not perfect; knowing where the tower is doesn't tell you which of these branching paths is the right one. However, you do know roughly the direction the room you're lookign for is in, so you can, through process of elimination, eventually find it. On the way you see no writing on the walls of any kind; at least nothing you recognize as writing. You do however come across several constructs of varying shapes, including one that looks nigh identical to the "Crystal Friend" that Kara has.

You pick up the construct and use it to get through the door and enter the room you started in. There are several men still in here, poking at broken barrels and dividing loot by the look of it.

Stay with Kara, or at least near enough to keep track of her.  She's got the artifact, and by extension, all our lives.

If outside, or close enough to go outside without losing track of the corven, examine the ceiling and walls of the cavern.  Is the bore visible anywhere, or are there any conspicuous holes or anything?  We almost certainly must have come from somewhere either to the side or above; everyone is too grouped and fresh to have trekked all the way up from underground, if there's even any safe paths up through the magma.

You stick with Kara. And yes, you remember coming down here. The last thing you remember is moving through that first door with Kara and her crystal friend.  After that you lose time until showing up in that room with the pit.

”Tell you what Clate, I want to use some of those dice, but I’ll let you hold on to ‘em if you open that there box. Other than that, with the possible exception of the knife and the box, I’ll let you hold onto the unique stuff, and I’ll take half the gold, and half the materials. I’m also not likely to be stingy with my share, if you want to utilize materials for community projects and such”
If Clate agrees to let me, I take half te gold blocks, and half the materials. Then I inspect the knife.
”Additionally, if you, or anyone else for that matter want to Topple the tree themselves, I’m willing to Let them have what’s under it
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
The knife, for that really is what it appears to be,  is about 14 inches long. It has a square pommel, a thick rectangular grip, and a Rectangular blade. The tip is squared off and the back is flat but the blade side is beveled in to an edge on one side, the blade on a pair of scissors. Its made of crystal, unsurprisingly, but the crystal is silvery and has a metallic coldness and heft to it, even though its slightly translucent. Its definitely a utility blade of sorts, the lack of point and the design of the edge makes it look more like an oversized straight razor than anything else. You wonder what a society that makes everything out of stone could do with a knife. What were they cutting?

Commence with the looting once Kara opens the door.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
Follow Kara as she is the only one able to open the doors, and once she opens them, move in and start the looting fest.
Kara opens the door into the tower and you both immediately run in and start searching for loot. You quickly find that almost every room is blocked by a solid "Door" much like the passage into this tower, but there are a few rooms that are open. Most contain those Blue Stone barrels that you saw earlier, maybe a construct of some variety, but the thing that most catches your eye is a solid cube of what appears to be obsidian or a similar looking black stone.  Its inordinately heavy, even the both of you working together can't shift it from its position.

"Nonsense, friend harm. This was a team effort, so we should both grab a somewhat equal share, no? What say you grab half of the octahedrons (8 ), the junk (6) and the gold cubes (3), along with the knife and the wire? I'll grab the other half of the stuff along with the labradorite rod and the chrome stuff. We'll open up the slate box right here to see what's up with it. Deal?"

To expand on Lupanian's action, the current loot divide is as follows:
- Clate: 8 Octaherdrons, 6 structural junk, 2 gold cubes, chrome stuff, labradorite rod
- Harm:7 octahedrons, 6 structural junk, 3 gold cubes, silver/tin wire, knife

For my actual action, I'll stuff the above mentioned things in my hammerspace pockets. Then we'll inspect the slate box. If it doesn't seem trapped/dangerous at first glance, gently open it, preferably using the tip of my shovel blade instead of my hands if possible. Check what's inside.

If nothing bad has happened up until now, start hacking off chunks of the lead tree that's grown over barrel number 1 with my shovel. Try to free the barrel and its contents from the lead if possible, but be sure to leave the snake and pinecone incased in lead.

You stuff your loot into your bag and then check out the box. You open it with the tip of your shovel and then when nothing explodes, you pick it up and look inside. The box is not really a box. Its box shaped but its really more of a clamshell set of stone plates with a small hollow in their center. In that hollow is a piece of crystal. Its only about the size of a toothpick and roughly the same shape, but it glows with intense multicolor light.

[3] You hack the trunk of the tree with your shovel, severing/shattering it and sending the giant growth tumbling to the ground. It shatters into countless pieces and coats the ground in lead shrapnel.  However, the barrel, while still filled with lead, is now free to be accessed. The process of excavating the roots in such a way that you don't release the snake is...well something for a more delicate instrument than a shovel.

"Thanks for the help." Vikkan said wearily, trying to stay as upright and dignified as possible in his sorry state while being helped by Drett and whoever decided to keep him propped up during his trek back to the place they'd somehow left.

Wiellste's theories made him raise an eyebrow. It was a really weird thing to hear, but then again he wasn't too familiar with the effects of diving. He also didn't want to sound doubtful or suspicious and come off as rude, specially when she seemed to mean well and his memories did get scrambled with.

"So the spell made my right hand disappear and erases my memories of ever having one?" he asked, looking down at his pendant-less chain. "If that's the case, then maybe they did something else. I have this chain but I have no idea why, there's nothing on it. Could some have taken what was here?" The arrival of more people cut Vikkan's theorizing short.

"Reuniting with the bore would be good for my health. Are people done exploring?" he asked.

Waiting until people decide they've looted enough and we can move on.
You follow Adam back to the entrance and sit down in a corner, waiting to leave.

You've had about enough of this silliness.

We should be save leaving and taking the artifact with us - there appears to have been no failsafes removing it from the pedestal. It would likely be a safer bet to move it to the room where we descended in case of emergency.

Follow the group. Keep an eye out for anything that could be useful in a medical context. Or books! Anything information-wise would be great.

Well, there's still those crystal slabs no one has managed to get. Gonna assume you travel with Vikkan since you're playing doctor to him.

Get back to the group and through the door. Try to figure out my new pet's purpose or qualities on the way.

You follow Vikkan and Drett, I assume.
[18]
You look at the spider and shrug. Who knows. Does something. Cute sorta thing.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #428 on: July 18, 2018, 01:48:22 pm »

"Hey, I'm going to try to get those tablets. We need to know what that artifact is before we consider if we should hand it over. Anybody wants to help me?"

Follow Drett and Vikkan. Once I reach the first room, leave the artifact in some safe spot and try to climb up to the tablets.

Ask for help. If somebody volunteers, have them sit below me and use my shirt to safely catch the tablets as I drop them (assuming they aren't so heavy they will pierce it when they fall). Hopefully they'll also catch me (or at least act as a fleshy pillow) if I fall.

Otherwise, get as many as I can safely carry and climb back down.

If they're stuck and I can't move them, then try reading one or describing then to the others, if I can.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 18, 2018, 02:51:26 pm »

"So the spell made my right hand disappear and erases my memories of ever having one?" he asked, looking down at his pendant-less chain. "If that's the case, then maybe they did something else. I have this chain but I have no idea why, there's nothing on it. Could some have taken what was here?" The arrival of more people cut Vikkan's theorizing short.

"Empty chain? Interesting. Not all sphere-related effects come from diving, it's possible that you wore something there, aligned with En, that erased itself along with your hand."

Take a closer look at the plain chain that Vikkan wears around his neck. What could have been there before?

Spoiler: Wiellste... (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 18, 2018, 03:16:12 pm »

"Yes, friend Kara, I'll assist you. I don't want to mess too much with the final barrel anyway, since there's a fairly dangerous snake artifact thing trapped inside of it. "

Can I get a knowledge check on the artifacts I gathered? Specifically: the labradorite rod, the golden cubes and the crystal toothpick in the slate box? Maybe an extra one to figure out what the chrome foil is for.

As for my actual action, Help Kara out with gathering the tablets.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 18, 2018, 03:34:22 pm »

"I don't have or had any occult artifacts as far as I know. Never had any interest in them. Then again, I guess my memory isn't the same as it was." Vikkan still had a faint smile on, but he was obviously less prone to good humor right after having almost bled to death. Figuring out the team was going to stay longer, he decided he might as well give them a hand (his only one) to speed things up.

Provide assistance to any low-effort task to make the looting process go faster.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 18, 2018, 04:17:50 pm »

Help with retrieving those damnable tablets already, then look them over and try to glean what information I can from them. 

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 18, 2018, 04:32:44 pm »

Look around and try to find the dream thing that is watching me. Is the void completely empty or only devoid of light?

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 18, 2018, 05:37:51 pm »

Test the knife to see if it can cut crystal. Then inspect the entombed barrel. Is there any evidence of the snake, dead or alive as it may be? Then inspect the crystal from the tree, does it seem like pure lead in crystallized form, or like a crystalline substance that is diluted with lead?
If it hasn’t already been reflected, I also take the loot that Clate said I could have

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 10:15:15 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 231