Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 153277 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 24 - Blood on the Snow, Pt. 2
« Reply #585 on: February 13, 2016, 03:33:01 pm »

I don't even know why I'm getting +2 bonuses anymore. I probably should have been shooting at his legs the whole fight.

Keep firing. Get the toolbox in my other hand to use as a shield.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 24 - Blood on the Snow, Pt. 2
« Reply #586 on: February 13, 2016, 04:28:45 pm »

I don't even know why I'm getting +2 bonuses anymore. I probably should have been shooting at his legs the whole fight.

Keep firing. Get the toolbox in my other hand to use as a shield.

+2 is for the Military Combat which is constant. I realized with all this fighting that really vague combat modifiers concerning things like, "Ancient Combat", "Military Combat", "Medieval Combat", etc. are all a hassle, because I have to determine whether each act of combat involving that character involves that parameter; ex. would NAV get an Ancient Combat bonus to defending against Hawk attacking him with the Riot Gun? Is it "Modern Combat" because it's a modern weapon, or is it "Ancient Combat" because the way Hawk is using it mimics a club? (I went with the latter eventually?) In the future the combat bonuses will be much more weapon/fighting-style specific.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 25 - Blood on the Snow, Finale!
« Reply #587 on: February 15, 2016, 01:54:15 am »

Round 25: Blood on the Snow, Finale!
Weather Conditions: Snowing (12.4 inches)
Time: Midnight

As NAV falls on one knee after being bludgeoned by Ranger, the businesswoman turns to the injured Hawk. "Nice suit." She returns her focus to NAV and aims a round-house kick at his melon while he's down on the ground. (8+2 vs. 4-1+2) Her foot catches NAV on the side of the head with concussive force and he falls over, half-conscious. [Stunned: -2 to all physical actions]

NAV loses hold of his bottle and goes down, his head ringing from the impact of the kick and his eyes blurry. He grabs at his temple, trying to fend off a painful sense of dizziness and disorientation. He lunges for his broken bottle, sitting in the snow. (5-3) He grasps it and stands up, only to lose hold of it when he is able to steady himself on two feet again. He lunges at NAV, uncoordinated and slowly, no longer driven by skill and grace but simply pure willpower and feeding off of their anger. (1+2-1 vs. 7+2) Ranger grabs one of NAV's outstretched arms and judo-throws onto the hood of the police cruiser, his back taking all of the impact as it dent the hood. (10+2 vs. 3-2-1) NAV looks up and idly watches the puffy snow clouds above and how they release their pellets of snow on the ground, his body beaten to a point where he can no longer fight back, he can only observe. He doesn't react as Ranger brings her foot down onto his neck with enough force to sever the top of his spinal cord. The Kaurava's limp body rolls off the hood of the car and lands face-down on the snowy road.
Ukranian Ranger broke NAV apart!
+Article: Joseph Solvinto: +2 Boxing (+3 Punching Total)

Hawk limps over to NAV and strikes him in the back of the head with the Riot Gun one more time for good measure. The body jerks slightly but besides that there is no response. His fight with the warrior is finally over, but it's not like it was for nothing; he's been left both crippled and seriously bleeding by the fight.

Nunzillor answers the doctor's question by hopping up onto an examination table and going into a speech on how government should handle medical services. "I do not have medical insurance.  But doctor-san, should I have medical insurance?  Should anyone have medical insurance?  No, healthcare should be freely provided by the state!  We can make that happen!  Join me and we will fight for a medical revolution!" (5) "You know what? You're right." The doctor nods solemnly as Nunzillor climbs down from her table. "We need universal healthcare coverage, the insurance companies and pharmaceuticals take advantages of doctors and their patients. But I can not participate yet, I have to do a job that pays for my mortgage and my kid's college tuition, a job that doesn't give me a lot of time to engage in revolution. I'll tell you what, I'll cover your insurance cost, and keep my card, if you need some medical help I might be able to assist in the future." (+Sympathizing Doctor Business Card)

Twinwolf's conversation with the store clerk, particularly on the subject of new strange events around town, seems to distract him from his initial suspicion. "That...stuff...that's going on outside, I don't want any part of that. Seems awfully unholy to me, fire comin' out of the sky, and I hear tales of people who can jump over a building or read minds and other baloney. I know the Wikipedia Council randomly picks each city to host its games but...I really wish they didn't pick us. We're just a small, family oriented simple town. Why'd they have to come here of all places?"

Execute loots the body of the sailor for anything of value, but all he had on him was some stale bread and a few scraps of paper. He takes the body and drags it upstairs, where fortunately no one is stirring on deck. He carries the cadaver to the back of the ship and tosses it off of the back end, watching it silently fall into the ocean waters below. Execute takes flight once more and heads for one of the other ships, hoping to hit the one with the Captain on board. He goes for the middle ship, and lands on in a quiet corner. He peeks out from behind a pile of crates and spots what looks like a Captain's Quarters at the other end of the ship. The only problem is that are a handful, about three or four, men walking around the deck, a couple armed with swords and pistols at the hip.

Person continues opening fire on Greatness, hoping to get a shot worthy of greatness himself. (2+2 vs. 6) Person misses two more shots that Greatness ducks over, and then pulls out his toolbox as Greatness swings the Katana at him once again. (9+2 vs. 8+2) It was quick thinking and reflexes that allowed Person to improvise his Toolbox as a shield of sorts, as the blade could have easily taken off his arm, or gone through his ribcage. Instead the toolbox absorbs the attack and is cut right through, which alters Greatness's swing so that it misses Person's body. The ribcage spills onto the ground, its contents pouring everywhere.

Abstract runs around the streets of Green Bay to properly write his name down on all of the misprinted posters. (2) By the time he manages to reach them, most of the posters have been vandalized, covered in obscene language, sexual images and the numbers of prostitutes. Attempting to write over the graffiti only results in damaging the posters even further. Exasperated, Abstract goes on the date with Autumn, hoping that it will take his mind off of his failed media campaign. (4) Because he was running around, Abstract gets to the restaurant late, and Autumn is clearly not pleased. Both of them are frustrated, Autumn having to cover the shift of an employee who bailed on the coffee shop and Abstract unsuccessfully trying to literally clean up his image. When the two of them pay the bill and Abstract asks if they want to see each other again, Autumn gives him an unenthusiastic "Maybe."

Greatness stares Person down, lifting his Katana up high; he waits for Person to aim his pistol before he gets down and rolls to the side, getting up on one knee and throwing one of his Javelin's at the unsuspecting soldier! (10+2 vs. 8) While Person received an excellent military education when it came to defending against things like close quarters combat, his instructors did not teach him the art of dodging spear-like weapons. The result of this is the Javelin piercing his right knee at an angle where his armor is weaker, and digging into the bone itself. Person falls onto his good leg, in great pain and still critically injured and wounded. With one last burst of effort, he attempts to shoot the Samurai one final time. (1-2) Distracted and disoriented by his pain, Person fails to realize that he's pointing his gun in the wrong direction. (4) Person falls on his back, taking his own shot right in the shoulders, reduced to a gasping pile of flesh on the ground. Greatness stands over him, not wishing to see a worthy opponent die in such a dishonorable manner. (5+2) He places his Katana against Person's neck and gives him a final nod before pulling it back, lengthening his already present neck wound. Person spends a few moments gargling in his own blood before he gives one last twitch. Greatness bows and retrieves his Javelin. (Bruised Jaw Regenerated)
Greatness cut Person apart!
+Article: Magdalena Piekarska: +2 Fencing (+3 Swords Total), +Rapier

No one notices a shady figure coated in black slip through the crowded sheltering area at the outskirts of Bismark. The figure, a tan-skinned slender woman, stands up and draws no attention, armed to the teeth and wearing a dark outfit that paradoxically masks her appearance yet deliberately exaggerates her curves. "Today is a day to win, not just for me..." She dons a pair of sunglasses despite it being the middle of the night, "...But for all of Texas."
FallacyofUrist sneaks onto the battlefield!

A Bi-Plane lands in the center of a road going into Denmark. A woman elegantly dressed in the height of 20's fashion sticks her head out and sneers at the ruined city, "This place is a real dump. Much like everyone else in this fight." Not too far from her airplane is a racecar.
High tyrol satirizes her competition!

A third figures rides into Denmark on horse back, stopping his steed before it enters the proper city. "This would be beautifully captured in a painting, or perhaps a photograph," the well-dressed horserider notes to himself. "But I think that the blade can produce a picture as well as any paintbrush can," he follows up as he draws his British Empire Officer's Saber, his horse standing on its rear legs; the pose is very reminiscent of one of those statures of a soldier on horseback.
Elephant Parade wishes to paint in the blood of his enemies!

News Update: The Council of Green Bay has approved a motion to send emergency vehicles and services down to Denmark to support its displaced population.

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nunzillor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukranian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

And thus, two great duels are concluded, and with it, three new contestants enter. I put in three rather than two because, embarrassingly enough, I never noticed that for several turns now we only had 9 active players rather than 10...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 07:31:14 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 15, 2016, 02:01:11 am »

....I'm....I'm I I'm a good person why? I helped those people all I want to do is live a nice life.......
try not to succumb to crippling depression try to find a inn or hotel to sleep in.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 02:09:26 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 15, 2016, 02:08:45 am »

Well, an armed guard is certainly promising, and while I doubt a captain would keep explosives and such right under himself, I doubt even more that he would have riffraff in the hull.
Edit: Okay, let's MGS this sucker, knock on the wall, try to drag the attention of one of the soldiers, if one comes, neck snap.
Or, Y'know, whatever works.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 04:12:58 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 15, 2016, 02:15:45 am »

Well, an armed guard is certainly promising, and while I doubt a captain would keep explosives and such right under himself, I doubt even more that he would have riffraff in the hull.
Are there any stairs down into the bowels of the ship, and if so, is it guarded too?

There are stairs which are not being guarded directly, but they remain in eyesight of one of the men on deck.

Nunzillor

« Reply #591 on: February 15, 2016, 02:17:42 am »

((Would you mind if I asked why my +2 rebellion bonus did not activate?))

Bow deeply and then leave the hospital.  Have the secessionist forces arrived?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 15, 2016, 02:22:57 am »

((Would you mind if I asked why my +2 rebellion bonus did not activate?))

Bow deeply and then leave the hospital.  Have the secessionist forces arrived?

The bonus concerns leading rebellions, not converting or convincing people to join them. If they are already to convicted to rebellion then you get the bonus, which is why it works on the Tea Partiers.

And yes, you find the secessionist forces waiting for you, though not as well equipped as you wish.

Nunzillor

« Reply #593 on: February 15, 2016, 02:38:32 am »

((Ah, that makes sense.  Thanks.))

"Patriots of Wisconsin!  The time has come to take our freedom!"

Give a rousing speech, mentioning that our first step will be to foster our movement's legitimacy by assisting the people of Denmark, who will surely support us once we save them from the horde of anarchists currently assaulting their town. 

The snipers will take up position outside the town at elevated points with a clear view of the town, and the mobile ordnance team will ride with the men with snowmobiles, and should be prepared to enter the city with the assault rifle team.  We will communicate via radio (ask for one for myself).  The militia men with assault rifles will move with me within the town to find hostile combatants and engage them while the snipers and ordnance teams assist. 

When ready, move out with the rest to Denmark, stopping with the assault rifle men outside the city to wait for the others to take their positions.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 03:17:01 am by Nunzillor »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 15, 2016, 03:28:21 am »

That...was the most awesome fight ever!

I'll go into an empty tent, and attempt to fix my helmet.

Will this take up a full action?
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 15, 2016, 06:44:56 am »

Well, good game. It was a good fight. Better to have a drawn out battle than be obliterated in one shot at any rate.

I'll join the waitlist if I can. I've kinda forgotten what this particular game's stance on that is, and said stance is probably many pages back.

Edit: As a sidenote, I've had a rather silly idea. Would anyone mind if I do a report of sorts on the game state every now and then? Sort of like this was a tv competition. Typical sports commentary really, with all the over analysis generally involved in such things? It wouldn't be canon or anything obviously.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 06:54:19 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 15, 2016, 07:12:29 am »

"So, what will it be, fellow Wiki-Warrior? Will you slay me as well? Because I'm not going to let myself just roll over and die."

If UR attacks me, try to bash her skull in. If UR lets me go, grab a few extra mags for my pistol, reload and go find a place where veggies and/or vegetable juice are in plentiful supply. Gotta juice up.

EDIT: Rip off some clothes off NAV's dead body (or from the policemen) and make myself a makeshift bandage for my leg.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 05:05:49 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 15, 2016, 09:12:04 am »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I have failed the Kaurava! Good fight you two.

Rewaitlist please!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 15, 2016, 09:16:57 am »

I'll waitlist as well actually. Why not!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 15, 2016, 09:21:27 am »

That...was the most awesome fight ever!

I'll go into an empty tent, and attempt to fix my helmet.

Will this take up a full action?

You have enough time to do something else if you want to.

Well, good game. It was a good fight. Better to have a drawn out battle than be obliterated in one shot at any rate.

I'll join the waitlist if I can. I've kinda forgotten what this particular game's stance on that is, and said stance is probably many pages back.

Edit: As a sidenote, I've had a rather silly idea. Would anyone mind if I do a report of sorts on the game state every now and then? Sort of like this was a tv competition. Typical sports commentary really, with all the over analysis generally involved in such things? It wouldn't be canon or anything obviously.

Waitlist policy is that anyone not currently in the game csn waitlist at any time. And I would not oppose such after action reports.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 97