Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 153295 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 48 - Too Many Samurai
« Reply #1005 on: April 27, 2016, 07:49:00 am »

I actually also thought that the pause was because of real life problems.

But anyways yeah! Keep the game a-rolling!
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: April 27, 2016, 08:13:26 am »

There were problems temporarily but they should have subsided. For now.
Turn in-progress.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 27, 2016, 08:55:26 am »

OUI!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 27, 2016, 09:04:06 am »

If the Aztecs are coming at us, hold position and fire. If they aren't, try to find some groups outside of the main one.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 27, 2016, 09:10:52 am »

Mount horse again. Try to get out of the refugee zone.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 49: Betrayal! Great Dishonor!
« Reply #1010 on: April 27, 2016, 01:03:26 pm »

Round 49: Betrayal! Great Dishonor!
Weather Conditions: Sunny (11.3 inches)
Time: Afternoon

Fallacy mutters something about Aztecs as she cleans out her cannon, loads it with another shot and sets the primer.

Greatness speaks to his new buddy NAV on the way to the lake, talking about plans of future strategy and tactics while the driver remains completely silent. As they get closer to the lake, Greatness realizes that NAV is accelerating instead of slowing down. [Reflex vs. Driving: 1-1 vs. 7+2] Greatness attempts to leap out of the car, forgetting that he is constrained by his seat belt. Before he can get it off, NAV drives off a patch of inclined earth and soars into the lake, plowing into it far from the shoreline. The vehicle begins rapidly sinking and NAV begins shifting from a human into a Great White, his clothes coming apart and his limbs retracting into his lengthening torso. Before they are submerged, Greatness makes one last ditch effort for survival and shoots at his driver with his one good arm at point blank range. [8+2(Point Blank)-1-1 vs. 2] The spray hits NAV in the neck, the wound itself growing at the same rate as NAV's form, becoming a gaping, massively bleeding spot on the shark.

Tyrol attempts to look up the political alignment of the most prominent publisher in the Green Bay Metropolitan area, but lacks a phone to do so. Instead, she takes her car and begins driving towards the nearest hospital, following the signs out from the airport towards the downtown area. She merges onto the freeway and finds herself stuck in traffic, a condition that looks like it will last a while longer.

Person pokes his head out of the tent and seeing that the coast is clear, stealthily moves towards his parked Potatomobile, trying not to attract the attention of the dogs. [Stealth: 10] Person leaps on his vehicle with less noise than a dropped pin in a busy mall and starts up the engine. By the time the dogs could have heard these sounds of Person, he is already back on the road, far away from their position. [Scouting: 2] Dad begin the drive back into Denmark, to look for any buildings that could potentially carry medical supplies, but on the Western side of town he is currently on, there are few places in the vicinity and it was likely that even when the town was in its normal state this area lacked many medical resources. The handful of medical-type buildings that do exist have been destroyed and the local drugstore, which was examined by a previous contestant, has succumbed to one of the small fires that still populate the area.

Abstract pushes Autumn behind himself and protectively stands in front of her to confront their muggers. "Sorry dude, we did not bring any money; didn't think we'd need it but can't you let us go I'm a new Yorker and I just got back after a very long trip." [Diplomacy: 5] "Well if you got back from a long trip, you must be carryin' something right? Hand it over." The men do not back off but they put their hands down, including the one with a knife, and appear to be less aggressive. Abstract decides that this is the perfect opportunity to put those filibuster skills he learned to use. [Dullness vs. Tenacity: 1+2(Politics/Law) vs. 4] Abstract explains that Autumn and his lack of money is due to a current downward trend in the economy, and makes up a story about how they put their assets in a cat furniture company, which is why they have no cash. This sucessfully bores the muggers to tears, until Abstract mentions the name of said cat furniture company. "Wait, youz' invested in Meowerz?!" "Hey, that's the name of the company that put ours out of business!" "Yeah, youz' people is the reason we dontz' got any work!" The men get back into a fighting pose even more angered than before; they are no longer out for just money, but revenge on what they believe was Abstract's fault.
[9+2 vs. 7] One of the men jabs at Abstract who goes into wrestling mode, ducking under the punch and then tackling the man, smashing his shoulder into his stomach and putting him on the ground. [4+2 vs. 2] The mugger is too surprised to retaliate when Abstract sinks his fist into his mouth, knocking him out. [5 vs. 8+2] The knife wielding assailant attempts to backstab Abstract while he the wrestling politician has mounted his pal, but Abstract is quick enough to roll away, from the blade which stabs through thin air. [2+2 vs. 4] Abstract, from a kneeling position, latches onto the mugger's leg and attempts to take him down but strong mugger is able to kick him off. [8 vs. 1+2] Abstract stands up, and as he does the knife-wielding mugger moves much faster than he anticipated and jams his knife deep into Abstract's stomach. Autumn screams. The third mugger, looking around in a panic of a job gone wrong in every way, runs off before anything else can happen.

DolosusDoleus wraps the tripod legs of his camera on the rear of the saddle on his racehorse, positioning it in a way so that it can perfectly capture everything behind him. He turns it on and presses the recording button, prepared to capture some legendary never-before-seen footage that will put those bozos at CNN to shame. He rides for the center of town, towards the epicenter of the purple-glowing phenomena, shouting off about preserving the unity of both The Union of the United States and the Empire of Japan, equally a fan of both. He stops his horse in front of the swirling portal, just far enough so that the Aztec warriors who have taken cover several hundred meters away in a strip of stores can not fire on him. He is so close to the portal that he can see through it, and sees the sight of rows upon rows of Aztecs in what in some sort of grand mansion marching towards him.

NAV finalizes his transformation into a shark, his beady black eyes staring at the Samurai who has wounded him; NAV's sudden expansion is too much for the interior of the car, and his massive size breaks through the roof, forcing it off of the top of the car. Greatness, realizing his predicament of being in a sinking car with a vengeful shark, hastily rips off his seatbelt with one hand while firing at NAV with the other, only to discover by this point that his rifle has filled up with water and is unable to fire. [10+3 vs. 2] NAV lunges forward and sinks his teeth around Greatness's head, his sheer power is able to break through Greatness's neck and skull instantly, an injury that no amount of enhanced regeneration would be able to fix. Greatness's body goes limp as the shark chows down, its teeth chomping through even the toughest parts of the Samurai armor. There is enough nutrition in Greatness that NAV is able to close his neck wound while simultaneously minimizing his torso bleeding. When he has finished, only a few bits of spare metal and Greatness's weapons are what remains of him, all of which sinks to the bottom of the lake along with the car. The one downside for NAV is that during his transformation, he let go of all of his carried material, meaning that everything from his car to his money and other goods would be disappearing along with Greatness's stuff. In the end, it is a worthwhile trade for continuing to be alive.
NAV has devoured Greatness!
+1 Point!
+Article: Soucouyant

Elephant Horse gets on his horse and continues to ride away from the region of refugees and angry Aztecs, following the road which leads him South to an even smaller town called Lark; he might had not realized he was even in a new town if he hadn't passed a small sign declaring it. Some road signs indicate what is up ahead: Further to the South is a road which contains some churches and dairy farms, eventually leading up to a park. If you go West and then cut towards the South you could visit the Holland Wildlife Area. Going straight West you hit another small town, Greenleaf, and further West is Wrightstown, a suburban town boasting over 2,000 residents, the first nearby place that is comparable in size and population to Denmark.

Twinwolf holds his position behind the storefront, his team ready for any Aztecs to charge on their position. After several minutes of waiting for an assault, it is clear that the Aztecs are now on the defensive. Twin takes the opportunity to pull his people away from the Aztecs and back towards the Western portion of town to regroup and find additional people. It is soon clear that the whole town at this point has been entirely cleared out, and Twin's patriots were most likely the last non-combatants left in the area. One of the Patriot's points out that if they all stay silent, they can hear the sound of a vehicle coming from a few blocks away, though still unseen.

Execute, forced to attend to his wounds instead of continuing to fight, flies for the portal. On the way, he spots an armored man on his horseback in front of the portal, but his priorities right now put healing over fighting. When he passes through, Execute halts the next section of reinforcements from going in the portal, and redirects them into finding something to stop his bleeding. The Aztecs are stunned at first to see their God badly injured, but they quickly make it their top priority to help him out. (1) The Aztecs search the mansion, but unfamiliar with both its modern layout and what modern medicine looks like, come back empty handed. Execute then attempts to stifle the bleeding himself, taking some spare cloth (2) and ripping it in a way that makes it unusable.

With their enemies driven away, the Aztecs stay put in the shelter of the various stores, taking the time to reload their weapons, check on casualties, and begin barricading the storefronts with chairs, furniture, and whatever large objects they can find. DolosusDoleus would be a target, but at the moment he is too far for even the best Aztec arch to hit without abandoning the safety of the stores, and so far he has shown no signs of hostility towards them.
In this respite of combat, Yuri reloads his rifle. He puts Dolosus in his iron sights, but does not fire upon him, waiting for him to make a move before the Russian decides he is friend or foe.

As a result of Execute's intervention, there are no Aztec Reinforcements this turn.

The Sunset Invasion:
Leaders: Execute, Yuri
Active: 100
Casualties: 86

Close to Denmark's border, a blue portal appears in the sky and spits out a woman, along with several vehicles that land perfectly upright next to her. Dressed like a person of the wild, dressed in animal skins with a fire in her eyes, she stares down the town, the location of her next hunting ground.

Beirus shall hunt you down!

The snowy clouds are swept away and replaced by the brilliant sun. Denmark begins to thaw.

New Quest: Goodnight Sweet Prince
The skies over Minnesota remain purple, it seems that Prince isn't willing to go just yet. He left behind a cryptic note asking for "One last performance in the purifying waters."

Conditions:
*Locate the "purifying waters".
*Perform a cover of Purple Rain at this location, uninterrupted for a full turn. At the very least it should be a great performance so getting an [8] on the performance roll is required to fulfill the Quest. Music/Performance related abilities count toward this roll.

Reward: 2 Points

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

Location Tracker:

Portal - Almost in the direct center of Denmark, where the painting shop once stood, now an empty lot.
Execute - In the mansion which houses two portals, one to modern day Denmark and another to the Aztec Empire.
Aztecs - Baricadded in buildings several hundred meters North of the Portal.
Yuri - On roof top to the immediate North-West of the Portal.
Twinwolf - Western Denmark
Abstract - New York City, New York
High tyrol - Freeway between Denmark and Green Bay
Elephant Parade - Lark, Wisconsin
Person - Western Denmark
NAV - A large lake in Eastern Denmark
FallacyofUrist - A little South of the center of Denmark, on a hill.
DolosusDoleus - Directly in front of the portal.
Beirus - Far Western Denmark, near the Abandoned Refugee Site

Change: "Kills" converted to Points, since total Points are tallied from both Kills & Quests.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 49 - Betrayal! Great Dishonor!
« Reply #1011 on: April 27, 2016, 01:11:45 pm »

(((GASP I'VE BEEN STABBED! :-X ))
do not remove the knife it's certain death if I do now call the ambulance saying I just got stabbed in the stomach after I stop this guy from pulling the knife out by way of kick to the balls and punches to the jaw..
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 01:36:56 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: April 27, 2016, 01:28:02 pm »

(((GASP I'VE BEEN STABBED! :-X ))
do not remove the knife it's certain death if I do now immediately call the ambulance saying I just got stabbed in the stomach.
"ow....I kinda expected to get stabbed but not in the stomach....c-cant remove it will bleed out ambulance is key...."

There were three muggers total: One who you knocked out, one who ran away, and one with the knife who is still fighting you.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: April 27, 2016, 01:48:19 pm »

Interesting quest. Minnesota is a ways away(though probably not as far as New York), but hey. I do have a bonus to the proper genre of music for this(though no instruments, which would probably be required), but I rather doubt it would be in character for me to drive all that way. Maybe later, perhaps with Elephant Parade. I may have declared vengeance on a couple people, but I don't think they weren't one of them. Anyway, if multiple players take part in the cover, is the reward split evenly or does everyone involved get 2 points.

Drive back to the portal to retrieve my fallen comrade.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 01:52:41 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: April 27, 2016, 02:05:32 pm »

Interesting quest. Minnesota is a ways away(though probably not as far as New York), but hey. I do have a bonus to the proper genre of music for this(though no instruments, which would probably be required), but I rather doubt it would be in character for me to drive all that way. Maybe later, perhaps with Elephant Parade. I may have declared vengeance on a couple people, but I don't think they weren't one of them. Anyway, if multiple players take part in the cover, is the reward split evenly or does everyone involved get 2 points.

Hmm. In this case, I'll let everyone get 2 Points if they work together and are successful.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: April 27, 2016, 04:36:38 pm »

Hmph, no medical bonus? It wouldn't have done much anyway, but still.
Alright, send a few back to their own land (and another few through the portal to Denmark) for medical supplies like bandages, any kind of antiseptics, and stitches, if they don't know what any of these things are, try to explain it to them.
In any case, continue to try stifiling the bleeding.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 12:45:10 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: April 27, 2016, 04:55:08 pm »

((Should I get an extra article since Greatness had 2 kills?))

Scavenge as much of mine and Greatness's stuff as I can from the bottom of the lake (Hold it in my mouth) then return to land, turn human again, and find a really good hiding spot (using guerrilla warfare knowledge?).
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: April 27, 2016, 05:33:17 pm »

continue to drive to the hospital hopefully my insurance will cover this

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: April 27, 2016, 05:39:53 pm »

Hmph, no medical bonus? It wouldn't have done much anyway, but still.
Alright, send a few back to their own land (and another few through the portal to Denmark) for medical supplies like bandages, any kind of antiseptics, and stitches, if they don't know what any of these things are, try to explain it to them.

I probably should have applied it, but in this case the difference between a 2 and a 4 is negligible, since all you were using was a cloth bandage. Even a 9 or a 10 with creating an improvised cloth tourniquet would have stopped the bleeding, but at the end of the day even an amazing cloth tourniquet is still a cloth tourniquet. 

((Should I get an extra article since Greatness had 2 kills?))

2/2 = 1 Point.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: April 27, 2016, 05:53:19 pm »

Okay, even though that was the death of me, it was the coolest death I've ever seen in a Forum Game. If it's no trouble, I'd like to re-waitlist, please. Also, is it okay if I spectate until I join back in? I won't metagame, and the situations are too oddly epic to ignore.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 97