Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 101

Author Topic: Darkest Dungeon II. Emotionally traumatize some adventurers. Wagon Life.  (Read 210630 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Dungeon. Emotionally traumatize a team of adventurers. The Cove!
« Reply #615 on: October 03, 2015, 08:16:26 pm »

Yeah.  Really everything in cove is like that except the Siren.  In general I'm finding that losing in the game gets less fun the farther you get.  Sometimes it feels like the game rolls a secret die when you start a mission and if you get a one it just fucks you over from the start.  Had one today where I got surprised literally every fight, and every fight swapped my guys into the worst possible configuration.

Surprise is really harsh.  I'd almost prefer if it did the same as it does to the enemy, just making it so all your guys act last.  Maybe I just need to add more variety to my guys' skills, but I prefer specialization.  When we don't get surprised we usually clean up.

Edit:  Here we go again.  Surprise in like 9/10 fights, always the worst setups possible.  I think I'm gonna start carrying anti-surprise trinkets on dark runs, it's never been this bad before
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 08:45:35 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 03, 2015, 09:26:16 pm »

The royal fisting seems to usually, but not always, be followed by some pretty miraculous bs from your own team.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 04, 2015, 09:45:43 am »

Though I'd try the new update, but the damn thing crashes every time I try to start a game.

EDIT: Now I remember why I stopped playing.
Wasn't full brightness, but it was pretty bright.
Got surprised three rooms in a row, more enemy attacks were crits than not. So huge stress and damage.
As it was the first mission, just abandoned that game.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 10:16:02 am by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 04, 2015, 11:17:47 am »

I'm keeping my backside out of the Cove. Unholy C'thulu did they hand it to me in there. I never realized how annoying Bleed can be until the whole enemy stack uses it on you.

As for the rest, with the possible exception of the Cove, I still advance at basically the same pace. I usually restart my Campaign until I get a decent start, and then go from there. The one major difference I noticed, money seems to be quite a bit more sparse than before. Altough I have a bad habit of overspending at the Guild Hall or for Stress relief. It's eas to forget that each ability and each activity costs a whopping 1k starting out. Luckily you can allways sell some trinkets.

Sadly, I didnt get a houndmaster yet, I was looking forward to checking him out. My favorites are still the Bounty Hunter and the Highwayman. They are very flexible in what to hit, and deal decent damage. I also got a chance to test the Man at Arms. But I'm really unsure on what setup to run with him. His Riposte seems nice and useful, but I'm not sure how to use the rest.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 04, 2015, 01:22:34 pm »

With man-at-arms I usually go with crush, rampart, guard, and riposte.

Houndmaster is kind of weird, I can't decide if I like him or not.  I don't think he really does enough damage to be a back-line damage dealer but he needs too much dodge to do well asa  tank early on.  I usually play him in front row anyway in a team that needs marks, like bounty hunter/arbalest.  Hound's Harry, Mark, Guard dog, and blackjack.  His trinkets are really good.
Shoes...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 04, 2015, 01:57:36 pm »

Everything.  He does light mass bleeding, marking, stunning, mass stress heal, and protection that increases dodge.

I like to put him in back and use him like a jester.  Stress heal, mark, and occasionally for bleeding.

and screw the cove.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 04, 2015, 02:16:19 pm »

I use hound master as a front line bruiser. Lick wounds gives him all the toughness he needs for me.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 04, 2015, 05:04:12 pm »

His bleed just isn't good enough, I don't think.  Not enough to care about and his damages are low.  Jester can easily stack up huge bleed, he's like a bleed plague doctor.

I haven't actually tried the front-line houndmaster with lick wounds yet, I'll give that one a shot instead of harry, which doesn't get much use.  My worry there is that aside from the mark, without bleed he's just a shitty man-at-arms.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 05:29:11 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 04, 2015, 05:42:29 pm »

Yeah his damage is pretty low. He needs the bonus on marked enemies to do good damage. I would recommend pairing him with an arbalest or bounty hunter to get the most use out of that mark. Hounds harry is only really worth it when you're facing a full team of fleshies, then it can be alright.

Also don't forgot doggies treats, like doubles his damages and a bunch of his other stats. Makes him hit like a truck when combined with marks.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 04, 2015, 08:51:00 pm »

Dont forget his awsome debuffing.  And I do like his dodging-based protection.  Hes trying to do so much hes a jack of all trades.   And Ive decided hes more adaptable and likeable than the crossbow lass.

Ive had some success making teams out of those characters.  No real healer but 3 or 4 characters with healing abilities and decent physique.

I think a team of 4 houndmasters would be an interesting team, tbf.  And workable.  Really see some bleed-action there.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 08:52:40 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 04, 2015, 10:16:54 pm »

It's crashing for me, too. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 05, 2015, 04:16:19 am »

Why is the punishment for burning books 95 stress?
PKs DF Mod!

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 05, 2015, 02:21:09 pm »

Why is the punishment for burning books 95 stress?

To be honest, I have no idea. I remember the first time I fell for it too. I assumed it would give you extra light, like the alchemists table does. Wam, instant Full Stress. Boy was I mad.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 05, 2015, 02:41:04 pm »

His bleed just isn't good enough, I don't think.  Not enough to care about and his damages are low.  Jester can easily stack up huge bleed, he's like a bleed plague doctor.

I haven't actually tried the front-line houndmaster with lick wounds yet, I'll give that one a shot instead of harry, which doesn't get much use.  My worry there is that aside from the mark, without bleed he's just a shitty man-at-arms.
Early bleed is sucky... but two levels in it begins to increase... and then it stacks much better.

Problem is, there are waaay too many bleed resistant critters. Blight is a safer bet, IMO. Outside the pigstry, that is.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 06, 2015, 03:41:42 pm »

Does anyone know th list of valid monster tags, or even what they mean?  I cant find a list and Im slightly interested in making  something for my own amusment for the Darkest Dungeon.

Just monsters, most likely.  And probs not even much in the way of graphics, considering my meager ability to add that.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 101