Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1404487 times)

Iceflame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.10 r1
« Reply #1590 on: May 26, 2012, 07:28:43 am »

Can I add a tower to the world map with DFHack anyhow?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: May 26, 2012, 07:32:14 am »

Can I add a tower to the world map with DFHack anyhow?
well yes but the one way I know kinda revolves around fixing the site changer in dfusion and using nano fort. then use fort mode to stick a the site any where you want then change the type of site using site changer.
don't know if doing so will turn the place into a tower or anything.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1592 on: May 26, 2012, 09:36:17 am »

Probably historical figure stuff.

speaking of historical figures, i've been poking around memory at the world.history.figures vector offset, but i'm not able to find a vector there, am i missing something or are historical figures loaded somewhere else?

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: May 26, 2012, 09:37:57 am »

Aha! It is new! This is fantastic, everyone. I have one-click Morul now!

And I added my function to the wiki.

I've generalized vjeks code so you can pass in the unit and an array of value for each of his categories. It might be nice to get those on the wiki as well. I imagine these would be popular things for people to do.

Nice!  I was also thinking that eventually, it would be nice to walk through all the living current dwarves/units and be able to set attributes for all of them, recursively.   Rather than having to target each one.   

something like using df.global.world.units.all , whatever.whatever.race==dwarf and first_unit.flags.dead==false or whatever combination results in:  All the living dwarves in the embark area.  Then just fire each of them through the ringer of attribute and trait changes.  Heck, throw in a skills template and you've got a winner.

For the to-do list... heheheh

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: May 26, 2012, 09:42:53 am »

Prelimary tests show that the 'cured' vampire goes back to his blood-sucking ways sooner or later.

I'm kind of wondering if I'm missing something
Yes. In the end of the "vampire curse" interaction (look at the raw/interaction_examples/interaction_vampire.txt) the syndrome adds DRINKING_BLOOD counter, which, I suppose, is responsible for the renewing blood-drinking habits of "not-a-vampire-anymore".

Where and how to remove that counter I have no idea of.

BTW, do reverting the vamp syndrome actually reverts stat gain bonuses and undead status (and immunity too)?

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: May 26, 2012, 10:00:15 am »

speaking of historical figures, i've been poking around memory at the world.history.figures vector offset, but i'm not able to find a vector there, am i missing something or are historical figures loaded somewhere else?

Are you subtracting that stupid 4-byte padding DT assumes vectors have at the beginning on windows?

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: May 26, 2012, 10:25:26 am »

I got an idea for some utility for DF and plan to write it as C++ DFHack plugin. I looked at the code of existing plugins and browsed what structures DFHack reads from DF to get the general idea of how plugins work and what are the possiblities.
But still have some questions:
- can plugin get informed about SDL events from DF such as mouse movements?
- does DFHack provide functionality to send keypresses to DF or should I rely on my own code to do so?
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1597 on: May 26, 2012, 11:12:07 am »

Are you subtracting that stupid 4-byte padding DT assumes vectors have at the beginning on windows?

yes i remembered the stupid 4-byte padding. :) i figured out what's happening. it's refusing to load any vector > 5000 entries, which for historical figures i'm going to assume is often higher than that...

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: May 26, 2012, 12:57:08 pm »

Nice!  I was also thinking that eventually, it would be nice to walk through all the living current dwarves/units and be able to set attributes for all of them, recursively.   Rather than having to target each one. 

That shouldn't be too hard from what I could tell poking about. That kind of thing really begs for a UI, though - something like DwarfTherapist where you could click on everyone's jobs and just hit the 'make them legendary in their job' button and boom, it's done. Has anyone worked out the relationship between experience in individual skills and how they translate to attributes? I know that some people have worked out what skills contribute to what attributes, but do we know how many points of strength are gained by x experience in mining, or whatever? Would be nice to have that automatically worked out if you dial up specific skills just to keep everything in balance.

PK1312

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: May 26, 2012, 02:49:55 pm »

Hey, guys- complete and utter newbie here. How exactly do I install the lua scripts so I can execute them from DFhack? I would /really/ like to be able to use the elevate scripts but after like an hour of fiddling around blindly I've had no success. Can anyone give me a step-by-step walkthrough?

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: May 26, 2012, 03:45:21 pm »

There is a new effort underway to get DFHack compiling and working on the Mac. The code can be found on GitHub, at https://github.com/danaris/dfhack

The compiling part works, and it even runs and hooks into DF, but trying to actually do anything still causes it to crash.

I'm working on it :D

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
  • WERE GOING TO LIVE :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: May 26, 2012, 03:53:18 pm »

help! the tiletypes> paint shape channel does not work!
Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.
quote above is by yuriruler90

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: May 26, 2012, 04:04:15 pm »

What does not work about it?
Example:
Code: [Select]
p shape WALLAtleast it worked some versions ago.

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
  • WERE GOING TO LIVE :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: May 26, 2012, 04:08:40 pm »

What does not work about it?
Example:
Code: [Select]
p shape WALLAtleast it worked some versions ago.
i want a downward slope
Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.
quote above is by yuriruler90

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: May 26, 2012, 04:37:07 pm »

There is a new effort underway to get DFHack compiling and working on the Mac. The code can be found on GitHub, at https://github.com/danaris/dfhack

The compiling part works, and it even runs and hooks into DF, but trying to actually do anything still causes it to crash.

I'm working on it :D

My hero! I shall name the manager of the sanctuary dwarves in your honor if you are successful. And having a Mac version will almost certainly get me writing more lua scripts for dfusion.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 373