Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1403456 times)

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.10 r1
« Reply #1755 on: June 06, 2012, 01:18:11 pm »

Does anyone know variable name or offset to change number of starting dwarves on embark?

Unfortunately DFusion plugin "simple_embark" crashes, and it was crashing in 0.34.10 too.
While the "start_dwarf_count" variable it apparently tries to use doesn't appear anywhere in the structures files...

So, any help with this?
I looked at the sources of old Tweak and Dtil utilities for 40d, which could change number or starting dwarves, and found that the responsible DF variable is unsigned short.
But I am trying to find it with Cheat Engine and obviously there are hundreds of variables with value 7, and most of them don't change in any way, so I have no idea how to find the right one. I am keep learning new stuff from Cheat Engine tutorials, but still no success.
Any hints?

Edit: Nvm, I got the offset thanks to Quietust!
Also simple_embark will work in next DFHack.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:30:36 pm by Rafal99 »
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: June 06, 2012, 09:29:02 pm »

But in stonesense, which goes in pack with DFHack no /plants/ folder. When i put # before grasses/index.txt it starts to lagg\freeze\crash. Any suggestion? Maybe i do something wrong?

They must have changed it since that post. I'm not sure otherwise.

Um, I just tried it out. Just simply putting the # in front of the grasses/index.txt should work. It won't get rid of trees or shrubs, but to get rid of those just put the # in front of their respective lines in the index.txt.

Did you try to run Stonesense more than once in a single DF session, because that might be why you got the lag? There's a memory leak there that reeks havoc on that.

We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: June 07, 2012, 08:41:43 am »

When is an update for 0.34.11 expected?
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: June 07, 2012, 09:05:55 am »

We must be patient, for what I understand they need to work out a lot of memory addresses, and that seems like a lot of work to be done.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: June 07, 2012, 11:27:44 am »

We must be patient, for what I understand they need to work out a lot of memory addresses, and that seems like a lot of work to be done.

Yeah, thake all the time you need. I was just curious.
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: June 07, 2012, 12:52:51 pm »

I'm actually checking this and the lazy thread several times a day.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: June 07, 2012, 01:40:50 pm »

Looks like bugfixes might be over for now, so there might be enough time between versions to get a stable build out! :D
And enough time to play with it before it becomes outdated, too!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: June 07, 2012, 02:03:29 pm »

Looks like bugfixes might be over for now, so there might be enough time between versions to get a stable build out! :D

I certainly hope so. Fixmigrant and clearghost commands are required to play the game, in my view.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

Hamek McEisenfaust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: June 08, 2012, 07:22:42 am »

Forgive my question please. I would like to know, does changelayer when applied, change the already mined stone from that layer if used accidentally on a flux layer? i am unable to actually find my flux stone i already mined out, wasn't a huge amount, but is fairly important in the short term. my stone listing no longer lists the marble i had mined. should i just run it again, and use marble?
"here's 7 inebriated borderline psychotic bastards, go dig out a living space for 200 of them that will be coming soon btw there's also a terrible tentacle monster-panda made out of barf to deal with have fun" -PsychicKid

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1764 on: June 08, 2012, 07:45:48 am »

Changelayer only affects unmined stone - any mined-out boulders should not be changed.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: June 08, 2012, 09:24:30 am »

Changelayer only affects unmined stone - any mined-out boulders should not be changed.

Seems that changelayer don't work with my slightly modded 34.11 ;-(
Finis sanctificat media.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: June 08, 2012, 09:27:35 am »

There are some problems with changelayer. Try reloading and changing and saving..... might help.

Iceflame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: June 08, 2012, 09:35:28 am »

I certainly hope so. Fixmigrant and clearghost commands are required to play the game, in my view.

I didn't have to use the fixmigrant command once.
But for the clerghost - i agree.

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: June 08, 2012, 09:41:09 am »

I always play low pop civs. When there's only a handful historical figures remain, the game will send traders that won't be able to join the fort without tweaking, consistently.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

Bonepart

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: June 08, 2012, 11:59:33 am »

I always play low pop civs. When there's only a handful historical figures remain, the game will send traders that won't be able to join the fort without tweaking, consistently.

Holy crap! Is that what happened?

I started a game on Year 5 in 34.11 and I noticed a couple of traders wandering around doing nothing. Sadly they didn't last long once the Goblin Siege hit.

I didn't even realize that was a thing. Of course I don't think I've ever started on Year 5 before either.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 373