Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1404583 times)

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r2
« Reply #2565 on: November 25, 2012, 08:31:20 pm »

There any chance in hell this will run on OSX 10.5.8?

If you follow the Mac OS X build instructions, you might be able to get it to work, but I can't promise anything. Leopard is pretty old—and if you're trying to get it to work on a PowerPC machine, you're almost certainly out of luck.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2566 on: November 26, 2012, 11:54:36 am »

Recently, I've been working on an interesting project: porting "modern" DFHack to older versions of Dwarf Fortress. About a week ago I successfully got it running in version 0.28.181.40d (not any of the "OpenGL optimized" versions), and several days ago I got it running in version 0.23.130.23a (the final 2D version).

Just as with version 0.34, it loads into DF's address space, but it does not load on startup - instead, a separate "loader" application needs to be run after starting DF so it can inject code to load itself and insert several hooks. Sometimes DF crashes during this (possibly from it suspending DF while it's executing an instruction that's about to be patched), though most of the time it works just fine.

Full Lua scripting is supported, though existing scripts are unlikely to be compatible, and Ruby scripting is probably even less reliable (especially in 23a). Existing plugins have been altered to work where possible (and where it actually makes sense), while others have been removed. Stonesense is not available at this time, though I'd like to see if I can get it working eventually.

If you're interested, you can try out these test builds:
* DFHack-40d
* DFHack-23a
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

falsefaith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: November 30, 2012, 08:47:22 pm »

Would anyone explain the steps to compile Windows plugins to be used in OSX?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: December 01, 2012, 12:01:21 am »

Pretty sure none of the plugins are 'windows' per se, and just get compiled for whichever OS DFhack is compiled for, at the same time.

falsefaith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: December 01, 2012, 10:33:08 am »

There are these plugins here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=119575.0

They only works with windows dfhack at the moment and need to be compiled to work with OSX and I do not really understand that process.

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: December 01, 2012, 10:57:14 am »

Without looking too deeply into it, my guess would be you should clone the git repo into the plugins/ subdirectory of the DFHack source directory, then just build DFHack as normal and it should pick them up automatically.

yovannyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: December 01, 2012, 10:34:27 pm »

Hi,

i got a little problem here

i'm using de lazynewbpack for version 0.34.11, i downloaded the DFhack for 34.11 r2 and unzip it so it can have the new revision, besides that, i also used the Legends of Forlorn Realms mod in it too,  here's the problem:

i use DFusion embark multirace embark, it always have only 1 dwarf to start, so i use the simple embark to have 7, my race starts alway as kobolds (don't know why) so i change them to dwarf, after this i save run current world's init.lua (i asume it save my new changes, but apparently it does not) and i embark, i always have 2 dwarves, the rest ant man/women, how do i stop the antmen/women to appear? my embark are all dwarves, elves and humans, not antman?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: December 02, 2012, 07:16:48 am »

Hi,

i'm using de lazynewbpack for version 0.34.11, i downloaded the DFhack for 34.11 r2 and unzip it so it can have the new revision, besides that, i also used the Legends of Forlorn Realms mod in it too,  here's the problem:

i use DFusion embark multirace embark, it always have only 1 dwarf to start, so i use the simple embark to have 7, my race starts alway as kobolds (don't know why) so i change them to dwarf, after this i save run current world's init.lua (i asume it save my new changes, but apparently it does not) and i embark, i always have 2 dwarves, the rest ant man/women, how do i stop the antmen/women to appear? my embark are all dwarves, elves and humans, not antman?
see dfusion/embark/races.txt thats where you set which races units to embark with.

yovannyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: December 02, 2012, 01:11:29 pm »

Hi,

see dfusion/embark/races.txt thats where you set which races units to embark with.

eh, did that already, was the first thing i did actually, yet, i still have ant women each time i embark

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: December 02, 2012, 10:02:07 pm »

Where can I find the description for 'body_component_info'?
See https://github.com/angavrilov/df-structures/blob/master/df.units.xml for reference.

My current lua code is as follows:
Code: [Select]
unit=dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit()
if unit==nil then
print ("No unit under cursor!  Aborting with extreme prejudice.")
return
end

printall(unit.body.components)

Compounds like unit_wound are documented, but I can't seem to find the documentation for body_component_info.

gefer8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: December 02, 2012, 10:41:06 pm »

misery enable 900

siren

siren

siren

siren...

Edit: Oh Armok.
http://i.imgur.com/3SWX6.png
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:51:25 pm by gefer8 »
"Fear the day Armok gave you a land with no iron!"

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: December 02, 2012, 11:01:31 pm »

misery enable 900

siren

siren

siren

siren...

Edit: Oh Armok.
http://i.imgur.com/3SWX6.png
HA, Thats pretty funny.
I want to do that in a 300 population fort.
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: December 03, 2012, 12:32:47 am »

Where can I find the description for 'body_component_info'?
See https://github.com/angavrilov/df-structures/blob/master/df.units.xml for reference.

Compounds like unit_wound are documented, but I can't seem to find the documentation for body_component_info.

https://github.com/angavrilov/df-structures/blob/master/df.items.xml#L724

DuineAnaithnid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: December 03, 2012, 09:32:51 am »

I've been trying to build DFHack on linux, and I'm having a few problems.

First problem: when trying to run cmake, I get

-- Could NOT find Threads (missing:  Threads_FOUND)
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/expwnent/df/dfhack/build

and when I try to "make install" I get
[ 15%] Built target lua
Linking CXX shared library libprotobuf.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [depends/protobuf/libprotobuf.so] Error 1
make[1]: *** [depends/protobuf/CMakeFiles/protobuf.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I followed the instructions as best I could, but I couldn't get it to work. I also tried getting it to work on windows, but that also ran into problems. Any help on what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated.

I am having this same problem (the second half anyway) when I do make install after using cmake. Has anyone found a solution?

EDIT: It seems like it is trying to parse option flags as a file to look for, so where can I find the call to this so I can check to see if it is being called correctly?

EDIT2: Looks like I just did not have all the dev libraries I needed

had to add:
  • lib32z1-dev
  • libxml-libxslt-perl
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 10:15:55 am by DuineAnaithnid »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2579 on: December 03, 2012, 11:14:25 am »

EDIT: It seems like it is trying to parse option flags as a file to look for, so where can I find the call to this so I can check to see if it is being called correctly?

EDIT2: Looks like I just did not have all the dev libraries I needed

had to add:
  • lib32z1-dev
  • libxml-libxslt-perl
The "z" in "-lz" isn't an option flag, but a library name - it tells it to include "libz".
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 373