Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1403425 times)

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r2
« Reply #3075 on: February 26, 2013, 08:24:04 pm »

Technical problem here  :-[. I can't get the "search" plugin of DFHack to work (the one that lets you search the Stocks list). I am running the latest version of Lazy Newb Pack.

The DFHack readme implies that "search" is built into DFHack as-is, but it doesn't work and when I go to \hack\plugins, it's .dll was missing. So I downloaded search.plug.dll, but wasn't sure how to install it. I simply pasted it into my \hack\plugins directory. But now when I start the game, Windows 7 gives me the error: "Dwarf Fortress.exe - Entry Point Not Found" and DFHack gives the the error: "Can't load plugin ...\hack\plugins\search.plug.dll"

Clearly I don't know how to install plugins into DFHack. I searched the readme / install instructions, but what am I missing!!! Thank you <3

If your copy of DFHack didn't come with the search plugin, there's a good chance it's a slightly older version that doesn't yet support it.

You should be able to download the latest DFHack in its entirety from the beginning of this thread, and install it over the copy you have.

...I think.

sideflare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: February 26, 2013, 08:45:10 pm »

Wow, Danaris, you're right! I figured since I had LNP direct from the official thread (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59026.0), that it would be all up to date. But it only had DFHack 0.34.11 r1, which you were exactly right, did not include the Search plugin.

I simply overwrote my existing DFHack install with the new 0.34.11 r2, and Search now functions out of the box.

Thanks!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: February 26, 2013, 08:49:01 pm »

LNP is the specific thing mentioned by most sources as the common cause of not-up-to-date DFHack :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3078 on: February 26, 2013, 09:28:03 pm »

Just wanted to drop a little tid-bit of information here: Add_spatter also works on ballista ammo.

I tested dynamite coated ballista ammo successfully. It has a syndrome that adds an interaction to the target. The interaction causes them to spawn a cloud of a very hot material, simulating an explosion.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dragoon209

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: February 27, 2013, 03:47:35 pm »

Hello!

I was hoping I could get a hand on making workflow work a bit better with my mod.  (Upgradable Leather Tiers, Link in Sig)

My problem stems from the production of the new leather types.  When I try to set workflow up to work with it, It doesn't seem to detect the different leather materials.  I will post my reactions from the workshop, and the materials of the new leather.

Spoiler: Reactions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

The reactions are pretty basic, and the materials are actually copied from the Metals they emulate, and only have name changes, and reaction classes, and Material Reaction Products added.  I am able to use workflow to manage the amount of armor studs, but not the leather upgrades.  I am able to make the upgraded leather pieces when I queue them up at the workshops via standard DF commands.  I have tried automating it with workflow in DFHack 0.34.11 r2, and with a new build  of the gui/workflow pulled from git.   Neither seems to give any indication that the reactions make different products.

Am I doing something wrong (Likely), or is this a limitation of Workflow/Dwarf Fortress?  If its a limitation, is there anything I can to to make it more compatible? 

Thanks!
Check out my mini-mods:
Upgradable Leather Tiers
Block Crafting Workshop

Have you played Webfort yet?  It's a way to play Dwarf Fortress in a web browser with your friends!  Come check it out at:
Community Web Fortress

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: February 28, 2013, 05:45:43 am »

Sorry if this sounds really noob, but I need a script to set a unit with the stunned EDIT: Unconscious flag so I can cage it...
I know this could only be two lines of code, but I have 0 experience with anything other than html so... any help would be much appreciated!

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #3081 on: February 28, 2013, 03:02:57 pm »

Code: (ko_unit.lua) [Select]
-- Knocks a unit unconscious.
local sleepytime = 100
local args = {...}
if args[1] then
sleepytime = tonumber(args[1])
end
local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit()
if unit then
unit.counters.unconscious = sleepytime
end

By default, the unconscious lasts for 100 simulation "frames" (= ~1 second of real time, assuming default init settings), but you can specify a different number if desired; ko_unit 0 will instantly wake the selected unit.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: February 28, 2013, 05:09:36 pm »

Thank you so much!  :)

Tabithda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: February 28, 2013, 09:58:38 pm »

Using the empregnate tool on a creature that lacks a caste with the [MALE] token seems to result in the game crashing as soon as the birthing of the child is supposed to take place.  Does anyone have any idea as to what might be causing this?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 10:01:05 pm by Tabithda »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: February 28, 2013, 11:59:13 pm »

I've used it on unmarried females before, so I have no idea why it would depend on there being a male anything to work properly.  Did you use it on a female, or was the thing you impregnated genderless too?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Tabithda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: March 01, 2013, 01:02:47 am »

The creature was female; impregnating a genderless or male creature simply results in nothing happening, not a game crash.  The problem here is not that the creature is not married, but rather that the creature does not have a caste with the [MALE] token in its creature file.

This crash can be easily replicated by placing a harpy in arena mode and using the empregnate tool on it.  What I am having trouble figuring out is why the lack of a caste with the [MALE] token is causing the game to crash.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 01:10:49 am by Tabithda »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: March 01, 2013, 02:21:42 am »

I don't know, that's a tough one and possibly a bug.  I'd suggest maybe it's related to having to look up the father or something, but since the creature isn't married (and I know that works), that seems unlikely.  Also seems unlikely that it's a result of the baby being born and the game deciding it should be male and not finding a suitable caste.  I don't think that's how it selects castes.

Have you tested this on more than one creature that has no male castes?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: March 01, 2013, 06:44:56 am »

I don't know, that's a tough one and possibly a bug.  I'd suggest maybe it's related to having to look up the father or something, but since the creature isn't married (and I know that works), that seems unlikely.  Also seems unlikely that it's a result of the baby being born and the game deciding it should be male and not finding a suitable caste.  I don't think that's how it selects castes.

Have you tested this on more than one creature that has no male castes?
you can recreate the crash by slapping a female gender on a genderless creature then impregnate it(did this with bogeymen one day). so it's might have to do with looking for another Male or unit with the opposite sex but not finding one in the raws and crashing.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Fungus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: March 01, 2013, 09:38:25 am »

Meph sent me here as I've been messing with steam engines in the Mastework mod but I can't get them to work. My problem as copied from the Masterwork thread:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can anybody help me out here? I've done extensive googling and readme reading but nothing helps. You guys are my last resort. Shoot!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3089 on: March 01, 2013, 10:15:49 am »

Which brings me here too. I did a testrun of all plugins and additions, but I have a problem with the siege engine.

My init:
# siege engine control
keybinding add Ctrl-A@dwarfmode/QueryBuilding/Some/SiegeEngine gui/siege-engine

But when I hover with 'q' over a loaded ballista/catapult ingame and press Ctrl+A nothing happens. Tried different hotkeys as well... anything I have to enable first, and if yes, how to enable it by default?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 373