Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: zombies now insanely hard?  (Read 8441 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: zombies now insanely hard?
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2014, 04:34:44 pm »

you need to remove 3 limbs to kill an undead ?
Hmm, that could explain why cutting the head of one and the neck of another one didn't stopped them.
I'll have to test this 3 limbs rule to see what is the easiest.

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2014, 01:14:18 am »

Usualy in my world, yes. I am using +short iron sword+ to do it. Just slashing them. It's a lot faster, as long as you are not fighting on undead raising biome... I did not try using iron axe, but i know where is one,so i can train up my peasant to use it for !!SCIENCE!!. And i will try check bow and arrow tactic.
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2014, 01:17:29 am »

you need to remove 3 limbs to kill an undead ?
Hmm, that could explain why cutting the head of one and the neck of another one didn't stopped them.
I'll have to test this 3 limbs rule to see what is the easiest.

You dont have to remove anything though. I still think whips are the best as well considering they slice though everything and seem to always hit hard.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2014, 11:11:59 am »

I think if you pulp either of the head, neck, upper or lower body, then you disable them.  But if you sever parts and leave it with something that can grasp (mouth, hands, maybe arms without hands) then it is still animated.

Thus a MAUL may be best, just crush their parts.

I've had a heck of a time fighting them with an legendary Iron Halberd user.  They have too much musculature to sever parts (even the neck) and it takes a crazy lot of hacking to cut larger parts to pieces (slash equivalent of pulping).

Best i've been able to manage is going for feet or lower legs, dropping them, and evading.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2014, 12:23:56 pm »

The whip is blunt, it crushes parts and doesnt cut them off.

WHAPS PEEPL USETHEM

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2014, 12:25:05 pm »

The whip is blunt, it crushes parts and doesnt cut them off.

WHAPS PEEPL USETHEM
Whips are still somewhat OPed.

I recently had an adventurer take a copper whip through his iron helm.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2014, 12:38:40 pm »

Whips are still somewhat OPed.

Yeah, the scourge and the whip goes through everything. They tried to change them in masterwork because of it. Its the very small contact area I think. Infact they are so strong its regarded as a bug and I think toady is going to fix/change them. That said zombies seem to be too strong atm as well... Its up to you if you want to use them or not tbh. The goblins will sure use them.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 12:41:36 pm by Findulidas »

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2014, 01:08:18 pm »

Zombies should be hard to kill... i think.
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2014, 02:00:01 pm »

Zombies shouldn't be able to jump around so much dodging your attacks in my opinion, they shouldn't be concerned by self-preservation instinct of living things.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2014, 03:18:54 pm »

Zombies shouldn't be able to jump around so much dodging your attacks in my opinion, they shouldn't be concerned by self-preservation instinct of living things.

Yeah, I think you got a point. Keep all the tags they now have, but reduce speed and all defensive skills. Also observation and few of the mental attributes should be reduced imo, they are mindless after all and one could expect slow reactions.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 03:47:10 pm by Findulidas »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2014, 03:53:17 pm »

I don't use multiattacks at all. I wonder if not using those 'slots' for your turn frees them up for the adventurer to pick a defence? When it comes to zombies I'd rather get any hit each time, and get them that much closer to being pulped. The few times I've tried a multiattack, I whiffed all of them when previous to that I'd been hitting consistently.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2014, 04:05:05 pm »

To me the point of multiattack vs zombies is to :
- hit them sometime
- dodge their attack nearly everytime and never get hit seriously, while making distance in case there are zombie groups

Before using multiattack, indeed i was able to hit them much often but they too were able to land a hit more often.

And considering punch/kick of undead can sometime go through your iron armor and chip a bone, making you unconscious, i think allowing them to have more chances to hit you seriously is taking too much risk, the zombies are hitting way too hard to take such risk.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2014, 04:06:33 pm »

To me the point of multiattack vs zombies is to :
- hit them sometime
- dodge their attack nearly everytime and never get hit seriously, while making distance in case there are zombie groups

Before using multiattack, indeed i was able to hit them much often but they too were able to land a hit more often.

And considering punch/kick of undead can sometime go through your iron armor and chip a bone, making you unconscious, i think allowing them to have more chances to hit you seriously is taking too much risk, the zombies are hitting way too hard to take such risk.
Dodging before or after attacking can be a huge boon.  You can choose where to jump to, and if you have a decent timing you an avoid their attack with the dodge.  Larger creatures, imo, tend to be slower and can even be literally danced around.

Be wary of multiattacking without skills.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]