Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Advanture mode is getting a little... repetitive.  (Read 3573 times)

darkedone02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Advanture mode is getting a little... repetitive.
« on: July 28, 2010, 02:28:51 am »

When I was playing around with Advanture mode, I see it very lacking. For example, almost every town looks the same, you hardly see any of the workshops like the one in DF mod. You see the same setup of villages feasting/ruler room. The houses look the same in every angle you take, it's getting quite repetitive when you see that in most villages. Not to mention that everytime I go to a mountain home, it's totally empty and overused of stairs with no other stuff inside it... no chairs, no tables, nothing.

I grown bored off of DF Mode because I'm tired of rebuilding my fort every new version. I'm also tired of playing around in advanture mode due to repetitive. Does anybody feel the same way that I do in this game? It need's a big overhaul for advanture mode... something that changes thing's and make it look unique and interesting, then the repetitiveness of towns and mountain homes.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Advanture mode is getting a little... repetitive.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 02:31:58 am »

Err... and this is the premese behind the next series of updates, which are almost entirely going to focus on the expansion of Adventurer mode and the requirements of said expansions?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 04:04:00 am »

When I was playing around with Advanture mode, I see it very lacking. For example, almost every town looks the same, you hardly see any of the workshops like the one in DF mod. You see the same setup of villages feasting/ruler room. The houses look the same in every angle you take, it's getting quite repetitive when you see that in most villages. Not to mention that everytime I go to a mountain home, it's totally empty and overused of stairs with no other stuff inside it... no chairs, no tables, nothing.

I grown bored off of DF Mode because I'm tired of rebuilding my fort every new version. I'm also tired of playing around in advanture mode due to repetitive. Does anybody feel the same way that I do in this game? It need's a big overhaul for advanture mode... something that changes thing's and make it look unique and interesting, then the repetitiveness of towns and mountain homes.
have you tried doing a mega project? better yet a adventure based megaproject where you build a fort to home your adventurer for some silly goal based around him. like make a adventurer known to many for their talents, or sell enough crafts made by him, or get him laid(my currently so far.).
at least then it won't feel like your just building some fort or killing stuff.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 04:04:55 am »

Bro.

Kill. Everyone.

You know it's the only way.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 07:17:12 am »

Mmm...one could say you're simply limiting your gameplay options yourself, Fortress or Adventure mode wise. Both of which are still far from complete (especially adventure mode) but you just have to make your own fun.

Sure killing is all that we really do but we can get quite creative in how we do it like:

See all those houses? I herded & locked a Wyvern or two in every last one of them and placed the rest in the Mead Hall...and simple waited for those that survived the "home delivery" service. Sure I didn't get the kills in my name but it was fun & hilarious nonetheless.

Ever tried to throw children in front of a charging, large, fire breathing lizard?
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

frostilicus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnerpin' the Glorpenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 09:36:12 am »

Bro.
Kill. Everyone.
You know it's the only way.
This.
Or, you could do what I am doing now. Create a world w. parameters, set Show Caves to Yes, pull up the legends and export everything, and destroy all megabeasts. After that, everything else will die (because of me).
My latest exploit:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 10:37:01 am by frostilicus »

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 10:35:24 am »

I think I'm going to mod in a player-only race of tricky lobster people and use them to destroy the world, one adventurer at the time.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

frostilicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 10:40:32 am »

I think I'm going to mod in a player-only race of tricky lobster people and use them to destroy the world, one adventurer at the time.
We are the crab people!
Crab people. Crab people. Taste like crab. Talk like people.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 01:34:37 pm »

Can you throw people or other living objects? Also you said something about locking doors, is that possible and if how?

frostilicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 01:38:40 pm »

I don't know about locking doors in Adventure Mode, but if you're strong enough (you probably have to mod the game) you can throw things a good ways away.
So far, throwing any humanoid has done the same as slamming them to the ground. They just fall over right in front of me.
Little critters, however, like to fly far far away.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 01:52:49 pm »

And how do i throw them? (keys)

frostilicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 01:57:40 pm »

And how do i throw them? (keys)
1: Get near the critter you want to teach flight to.
2: Press A (that's Capital 'a'), if it says Strike, hit Enter until you see Wrestle
3: Press the key corresponding to the critter
4: Grab a leg, arm, etc (Most bodyparts allow throwing)
5: Repeat 2-3
6: Throw (Do not Takedown, you'd have to wait for it to get back up if you do)

If you're near a wall and/or lucky, you get some FUN stuff!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 02:06:47 pm »

this could also work for larger flying creatures if you're near a cliff, mostly because they are subject to gravity when thrown.

frostilicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 02:14:43 pm »

Yeah, but cliffs can be too much fun sometimes.... Like iffen you have another flying creature to the other side of you and he attacks and....
You get the point.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2010, 02:21:19 pm »

Wow thanks i cant really throw them far but it works...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 03:31:01 pm by Comrade »
Pages: [1] 2