Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 114

Author Topic: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!  (Read 226237 times)

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
Re: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!
« Reply #240 on: October 12, 2014, 10:35:02 pm »

You can make a starter mining ship in a online server from the first type of spawn ship (without making it un-flyable) and the only thing you'll need to mine is some sliver and rock if you want both to be powered that the same time. But once you have the miner it shouldn't take long to fix the spawn ship to %100 again.

Everyone one there is still playing Archeage.
Bunch of nubs.
Lol yer they got me playing that a little bit to. And I thing Ruskin's the only one I know who also owns SE.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 10:38:57 pm by BadLemonsXI »
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 13, 2014, 10:36:50 am »

Bunch of nubs.
sooo

much

fuuuuunnnnnnn
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #242 on: October 14, 2014, 03:26:15 pm »

Can anyone recommend a good, easy-to-follow tutorial for this game? I tried clicking the "tutorial" button in the menu but it said Steam overlay was disabled (even though it's set as enabled in the Steam client, it doesn't seem to be working). I looked up a tutorial on YouTube, but it was so fast-paced and complicated that it's not very helpful. The maker of the video seems to assume that everyone already sort of knows how to play and just wants some tips, or that everyone can remember a hundred key bindings as he rattles them off one after another...

I have to review this game and make a video for it within a couple of weeks, so I need to learn how to play as quickly as possible. Help please! It looks awesome, but so complicated... I thought maybe I could just figure it out by playing around with it but... Um... Nope. I did figure out how to fly a ship! But that was it. : /
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 03:28:35 pm by Sappho »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 14, 2014, 03:30:05 pm »

Why do you have to? Ahwell.

If you play KSP, the movement controls are the docking ones there (with C instead of shift).
T and K open most things, toggle them, etc. Y is power, P is gear, number keys are hotbar items, ',' and '.' are for new hotbars, etc. etc.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #244 on: October 14, 2014, 03:37:01 pm »

I do not play KSP. This is my first space game, pretty much ever. So I'm a genuine newbie here.

I'm reviewing the game for the magazine I work for. (I got my very first press copy of a game! So excitement! Much journalist!) It's pretty sweet, but also pretty daunting, since I have to not only learn how to play the game, but also film a good let's play / review and edit it within a couple of weeks... In addition to all the other work I have to do. So it's exciting, but a little daunting.

I really need an in-depth tutorial. I don't understand what's happening here at all, how to properly control the ship or my character, what it is I need to do, how everything works, what all the things are... It feels a bit like the first time I played Minecraft without having read/watched any tutorials yet, except instead of vanilla minecraft, it's Tekkit, and I start on the moon. There aren't even any trees to punch!

This tutorial seems like it might be slow-paced enough for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym4yfTFhBkM
Does it look okay? Any better suggestions?
Thanks guys!

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 14, 2014, 03:46:44 pm »

You might be better off asking questions about each thing, as it comes up, ideally while playing with other people.

I saw the "tutorial button" one, too.  I got the game over the weekend, and the tutorial really only explains some of the controls and the help menu.  I figured out most of the stuff by doing searches and experimenting by myself, because I don't know anyone. x3

Stuff that's important, but wasn't clearly explained to me in the tutorial:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit:  I like that tutorial that you linked to.  I've seen several videos about various parts of the game, and so far, this guy is the easiest to understand.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 04:01:23 pm by Ogdibus »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 14, 2014, 04:25:42 pm »

Ya know, the thing with space engineers is discovery. Sure, there are tutorials out there that'll teach you to understand how components are put together and work, but your better off thinking of something you'd love to fly around in, and go about building that. Heck, people have built everything from shitty space cubes to gigantic space cannons with entire loading, breaching, and firing mechanisms. I guess what i'm trying to say is, it's a big game, but only as big as you want it to be.

To maybe help you out more though, considering that perhaps reviewing space engineers is a daunting task for one who is somewhat experienced with it, let alone someone who has never played the game, I would say check out laststandgamers on youtube, they've got a bunch of awesome videos showing off beautiful ships and feats of engineering, which they usually explain. Again though, there really is too much for just A tutorial. Maybe set some goals on aspects of the game you want to play around with.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 14, 2014, 05:15:23 pm »

id focus on the stuff u can do, the bigger stuff ends up being projects

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 14, 2014, 05:20:34 pm »

You can make a starter mining ship in a online server from the first type of spawn ship (without making it un-flyable) and the only thing you'll need to mine is some sliver and rock if you want both to be powered that the same time. But once you have the miner it shouldn't take long to fix the spawn ship to %100 again.

Bunch of nubs.
Lol yer they got me playing that a little bit to. And I thing Ruskin's the only one I know who also owns SE.
I own SE! Should play some time with you guys. But yes, Ruskin's had me playing AA like a nub recently.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #249 on: October 14, 2014, 05:52:25 pm »

Yes that'd be cool (And maybe somehow get Ruskin off AA to come play with us) we could even help Sappho learn how to play if she still needs help. (I'm on TS at the time of posting.)

Check out my Pixel art!

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 14, 2014, 06:00:43 pm »

Yes that'd be cool (And maybe somehow get Ruskin off AA to come play with us) we could even help Sappho learn how to play if she still needs help. (I'm on TS at the time of posting.)

I would come play if someone was hosting a server. I could host one at some point later in the week, but only for a few hours at a time.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #251 on: October 14, 2014, 06:19:51 pm »

I would come play if someone was hosting a server. I could host one at some point later in the week, but only for a few hours at a time.
Do you have the team speak IP?

Check out my Pixel art!

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 14, 2014, 06:35:37 pm »

Do you have the team speak IP?

Nope.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 14, 2014, 08:08:49 pm »

I had just became a proud owner of Space Engineers and I have been having a huge issue. I am on the easy start one save and trying to mine. I mined successfully before but just a few minutes ago it had stopped gathering any ore that I mine out of an asteroid. Actually anything really, so with that I am stuck on how its not getting ore that it ground out. It's not even showing up as the little physics rocks that you can collect on "foot".

Please help me. :(
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 114