Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 793220 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Sacked, Salted, and Buried (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2055 on: December 30, 2013, 06:06:50 am »

What I'm more concerned about is that Anima hasn't posted in quite some time.

Did we kill him for good by letting his avatar die?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: December 31, 2013, 12:43:21 am »

Damn it Terry! You killed Anima!

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: December 31, 2013, 06:15:05 pm »

So...

New fort in a new world?

We could make the next one about how all the void stuff resulted in multiuniversal destruction and the new world is one of the last refuges of life and sanity and now we must turn to science to strike back at the madness.

I have a pretty nifty super soldier syndrome written up.

Who's are modding guy?

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: December 31, 2013, 07:55:08 pm »

Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: January 01, 2014, 01:53:10 pm »

So what was the consensus on the Overseer list? Do we continue with the list in the OP or did somebody start a new one?
Oh, and happy new year to all!
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: January 02, 2014, 03:52:18 am »

continue, hopefully the next guy gets the fort up and running, what im wondering is why we didnt embark onto a volcano or somthing as !FUN! as that? forces us to...."trade" (as in we wont hold them over the open magma-pit by their toes and conveinetly go to get a drink untill we get what we want) with the elves and demon worshipping humans. and the "unknowing" vessels to.

i say we do that next fort!!! would certainly add more appeal than to just have a hole in the ground when you can turn a volcano into a supermassive fort with inbuilt heating and actual water systems! (somone might have to do a DF hack to get some water going but hey! drinking water IS needed!)

other then that the only thing better would be if the volcano gets constantly assulted by b oth kolbolds, spawn, necromancers, undead, goblins, and FB's...and maybve the titan or dragon that comes along!

can we please? because at this rate we might have to connect the fort via surface and have all those entrences all lead to one large one thats trapped to hell and back with cage, stone fall, upright spears, and other nasty things we can come up with!

finally would make it INTRESTING to dig into a volcano with limited wood supplies. i bet by the end of the frist summer somone wouldve turned them all into beds, then moods go crazy on others...

finally i have one thing to say, in the face of the spawn, i suggest both CARP, steel or hardened iron, and death-trap danger-room usage...dont add actual spears..i accidently did to one of my own deathtraps...it was funny for a second to see the streak of red painting the floor...good thing i got the soap industy and the bee-keeping all figured out!
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: January 02, 2014, 03:56:34 am »

guys new idea, i suggest we make a ZOO, one of each carnivorous creature kept inside of a cage, rnaging from every-day nice creature to goblins and elves and the occasional humans (they really dont need to eat do they? if not then they can eat the vermin off the floor!), and maybe the occasional cyclops or were--creature we find wandering in our fortress territory. and if we manage to get a spawn, all the better for us to teach the dwarf children just where to throw a rock at to make it squeel like a pig!!!

finally itll allow our resident mad doc to...experiment on them to see what makes them tick!

i also suggest millitarizing any giant cave spiders we find after we get a breeding pair...thats if they breed...
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: January 02, 2014, 07:23:20 am »

Chaosmaker, I like your ideas. But at the moment we are even having problems at staying alive, so it's doubtful that we'll suceed at building anything amazing anytime soon.  :D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So what was the consensus on the Overseer list? Do we continue with the list in the OP or did somebody start a new one?
Oh, and happy new year to all!
Happy new year! The overseer list? Well, I squeezed myself in after wlerin, so it should be Kazimuth's turn now. He didn't reply yet though.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: January 03, 2014, 01:41:16 am »

meh, hes probably erither slacking off or hasnt really paid attention to the forums...or hasnt even goiten the mnessage.... suggest we move down the next person as soon as the deadline is hit, give or take a day.

other then that in 3 days i wont be able to play DF anytime soon, so back to my own game, so far dealt with several goblin ambushes and made my own ZOO, with the star attraction being a "guest" cyclops thing with 2 heads. heres to hoping i get war grizzels soon as i get a male bear...and then move unto the G-cave spiders...its going to be AWSOME! anyknow know if they can breed or not? otherwise i might have to stick with war bears.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: January 03, 2014, 01:45:58 am »

New report: Kazimuth was last active Dec.30th. So he's still around?

But he hasn't posted since Nov.17th, so it's possible he has Bay12 Forum as his homepage and it counts that as activity...
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: January 03, 2014, 02:53:36 am »

might be that, but on more news from my own fort....

I caught a dragon in a Tin Cage....any ideas on what to do with it? going to turn off temp for now...just untill i get it in a nice safe place...so !FUN! doesnt happen, i was worried for a moment my traps wouldnt cut it and my millitary doesnt have marksdwarves.is a recipe for !FUN!.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: January 03, 2014, 07:21:54 am »

Wow. I'd recommend attempting to tame it, so you can safely put it in it's own enclosure. I'd also recommend editing the raws by adding the "[CHILD]" token to the dragons raws (and reducing the incubation period for dragon eggs), so you can eventually have a dragonsplosion.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: January 03, 2014, 08:33:45 am »

i've finally uploaded the save, you can find the link below. i am sorry that it took me so long. i have no excuses.
who's next?

It's been what, 15 days or so? Last I'd talked with Kazimuth (before Yuli did the reclaim) he abdicated anyway. I think it's Tryrar's turn now.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: January 03, 2014, 02:01:00 pm »

What I'm more concerned about is that Anima hasn't posted in quite some time.

Did we kill him for good by letting his avatar die?

Anima was active Jan.1st, but his last post was Nov.16. And it was this:

I don't even know where we're at anymore.

Doesn't look promising...
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: January 03, 2014, 02:07:09 pm »

i've finally uploaded the save, you can find the link below. i am sorry that it took me so long. i have no excuses.
who's next?

It's been what, 15 days or so? Last I'd talked with Kazimuth (before Yuli did the reclaim) he abdicated anyway. I think it's Tryrar's turn now.

Really? Well, if I must...

Edit: First off, can I get a status screen from the beginning of the year? Also, what do we need(besides not dying?)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 02:08:50 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 272