Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651181 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #1395 on: October 24, 2013, 01:54:58 am »

My core group for causal play in-game, is Talonflame, Gardevoir, Scizor and Blaziken.
I've trained all but Scizor(whom i need to breed of the one i got in GTS) for the proper stats and all, so they can be used in friendly Multiplayer battles. But even though I never battle for competition's sakes I was wondering if someone could suggest any pokemon to go with those four to cover their weakspots.
I want at least one Defender(any type) and one Ground type, but am lost as to who to choose since I normally don't use defenders or grounds.

Rotom W and Gogoat are now my favorite pokes who can take a hit.  Ground type IDK cause I don't much use them due to it being a bad defensive typing and loads of non ground types getting earthquake (Gogoat).
That's why i didn't suggest my Defender be Ground. However, as I am playing casually I'll take any defender really, as in casual, IG or MP, type doesn't really matter since you're not aiming to PWN the other PC/NPC/etc.

I do kind of wanna add a doublade in there though, things got good defense and typing and has okay atk.
But Doublade is a huge maybe and if so that still leaves the Ground-type, if no, that still leaves them both.

Bronzong could operate as a decent wall. I'm pretty sure it can learn toxic, and a gyro ball from bronzong isn't anything to laugh about.

Or even better, go with Ferrothorn. Rocky Helmet + Ferrothorn = ouch per turn. Plus besides being a usable wall, he can operate as a decent curse + gyro ball mon.

Steel/Psychic stinks now that steel no longer resists ghost or dark moves. I'm training a Metagross just for its sky-high attack and fairy killing meteor-mash, but I wouldn't use that type combo as my primary defense.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: October 24, 2013, 02:03:14 am »

My core group for causal play in-game, is Talonflame, Gardevoir, Scizor and Blaziken.
I've trained all but Scizor(whom i need to breed of the one i got in GTS) for the proper stats and all, so they can be used in friendly Multiplayer battles. But even though I never battle for competition's sakes I was wondering if someone could suggest any pokemon to go with those four to cover their weakspots.
I want at least one Defender(any type) and one Ground type, but am lost as to who to choose since I normally don't use defenders or grounds.

Rotom W and Gogoat are now my favorite pokes who can take a hit.  Ground type IDK cause I don't much use them due to it being a bad defensive typing and loads of non ground types getting earthquake (Gogoat).
That's why i didn't suggest my Defender be Ground. However, as I am playing casually I'll take any defender really, as in casual, IG or MP, type doesn't really matter since you're not aiming to PWN the other PC/NPC/etc.

I do kind of wanna add a doublade in there though, things got good defense and typing and has okay atk.
But Doublade is a huge maybe and if so that still leaves the Ground-type, if no, that still leaves them both.

Bronzong could operate as a decent wall. I'm pretty sure it can learn toxic, and a gyro ball from bronzong isn't anything to laugh about.

Or even better, go with Ferrothorn. Rocky Helmet + Ferrothorn = ouch per turn. Plus besides being a usable wall, he can operate as a decent curse + gyro ball mon.

Steel/Psychic stinks now that steel no longer resists ghost or dark moves. I'm training a Metagross just for its sky-high attack and fairy killing meteor-mash, but I wouldn't use that type combo as my primary defense.
I agree with Weirdsound on this, I have never seen Steel/Psychic as a decent defensive type. Of course I'll be fair, Bronzong does has nice defensive stats. but in comparison to ferrothorn or Doublade, the defensive values and type resistance changes is a little lacking.

As for my Ground-type, I'm actually working on remaking my Flygon with a recently caught Trapinch, caught has terrible nature but i have a ditto with proper nature and all so yay on that.
However, I do still need to evolve the Scyther I hatched.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: October 24, 2013, 02:55:55 am »

I've had horrible experience using Steel as a wall. Everyone just uses fire and or fighting anyway, so these guys completely fall apart. Relying on Doublade or Aegislash to tank is even worse considering it's also weak to ghost, another very common type this time around given how powerful ghost is now. They're definitely strong, but I would never use them to buy me time or to open a match.

Water type is pretty good for defense right now, since you barely see any electric or grass attacks and even then, they aren't very potent as no one uses grass or electric pokemon. So with a properly special def specced water wall, you can resist almost anything for a long time. E.g: Tentacruel / Jellicent.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: October 24, 2013, 03:12:18 am »

I've had horrible experience using Steel as a wall. Everyone just uses fire and or fighting anyway, so these guys completely fall apart. Relying on Doublade or Aegislash to tank is even worse considering it's also weak to ghost, another very common type this time around given how powerful ghost is now. They're definitely strong, but I would never use them to buy me time or to open a match.

Water type is pretty good for defense right now, since you barely see any electric or grass attacks and even then, they aren't very potent as no one uses grass or electric pokemon. So with a properly special def specced water wall, you can resist almost anything for a long time. E.g: Tentacruel / Jellicent.
Well, what about Ludicolo? dual Grass-Water typing, removing grass and elec weaknesses, nets me that grass type and that water type, can Attack and has decent Special Defense. And decent movepool plus can do leech Seed and to top it off is one of my favorite pokemon.
If built for bulk it'd cover what i don't have yet.

(I should take the time and Note: Hoenn pokemon tend to be my favorites. If I add Flygon and Ludicolo that would be obvious by having 4 hoenn-released pokemon on my core team.)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: October 24, 2013, 03:19:33 am »

Ludicolo seems like a balanced pokemon in that it can kinda do anything, so I'd say go for it. Maybe you can have two, one with the swift swim ability for sweeping and another with rain dish for being a wall.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: October 24, 2013, 03:23:51 am »

Ludicolo seems like a balanced pokemon in that it can kinda do anything, so I'd say go for it. Maybe you can have two, one with the swift swim ability for sweeping and another with rain dish for being a wall.
I wont be using rain much - I have two fire-types. EDIT: But if my foe so desires to use rain, Ludicolo can be a fine retribution for them to pay.
But i do see what you mean by it can do anything, so yeah thanks to: Reudh, neotemplar and uniman.
My new core team is:
Talonflame, Gardevoir, Blaziken, Scizor, Flygon, Ludicolo.
----I'll work on getting the last three catch/hatched evolved and Moveset and then hopefully find someone here to go into a test battle with, though that'll be a while as some of their moves are high-level learns.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 06:03:06 am by RekkaAtsuma »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: October 24, 2013, 04:02:11 am »

I'm always up for a test battle.

I also need to get myself a core team- but come december, when the pokemon bank gets released, I'm going to be porting as much of my old pokemon over as possible. So if anyone would like RSE / DPPT legendaries, I've got a few.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: October 24, 2013, 04:04:05 am »

If you want to take that into MP, might I recommend switching out either Talonflame or Blaziken for a more supportive pokemon instead?

3 sweepers is a bit excessive especially considering two of them share the same type. They are also the same kind of sweeper, relying on fast speed and physical attacks.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: October 24, 2013, 04:11:56 am »

Does anyone have a Naughty ditto they don't want? IVs dont matter, just that its naughty nature.

If you want to take that into MP, might I recommend switching out either Talonflame or Blaziken for a more supportive pokemon instead?

3 sweepers is a bit excessive especially considering two of them share the same type. They are also the same kind of sweeper, relying on fast speed and physical attacks.
---Casual MP, I don't fight to "win". I fight to have fun playing the game, win or lose.
I'm always up for a test battle.

I also need to get myself a core team- but come december, when the pokemon bank gets released, I'm going to be porting as much of my old pokemon over as possible.
Yeah i feel the pokemon bank will cause quite a few MP changes. I have a nice Scizor and flygon and even a shiny egg-hatchling Blaziken from gen4 days, I cannot wait.
and when it does come out, i may even switch one of my team out for my Starmie.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 08:51:34 am by RekkaAtsuma »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: October 24, 2013, 08:39:36 am »

Are you saying other kinds of mp don't have causality? ;)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: October 24, 2013, 09:01:00 am »

Are you saying other kinds of mp don't have causality? ;)
Sorry about the typo(been fix'd), and nice pun btw.
But yeah, I like things Casual, I don't win often, no, but I'm okay with that.
"Use what you like. That way if you lose, you lose with Style!" - A good description of my mindset in multiplayer games

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: October 24, 2013, 04:05:25 pm »

I may or may not transfer over much, I only started IV breeding and soft resetting for this generation :P
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: October 24, 2013, 04:07:48 pm »

I really should progress through the game. Almost 150 hours and I still only have 7 badges. Really need that ice beam.

I'm also kinda conflicted about my Delphox.

The previous version of her I EV trained all over the place, so she had a bit of everything included attack which was completely useless. However, this Delphox would wreck face in MP as she could tank hits and was still fast enough to outspeed things like Slyveon, Garchomp, and Gyrados. But I thought she could have been way better if I specced her out properly as an offensive character since that's what her stats implies.

Now that I've made her max special attack and speed, she just dies all the freaking time. And it doesn't feel like she does any more damage than she did before nor does it feel like she's any faster either.

I should probably try max hp and max special defense Delphox instead.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: October 24, 2013, 09:25:29 pm »

EDIT: nevermind, just found the eevee myself. and I'll hunt for the ditto on my own.

Can someone Catch/hatch me a Female eevee with Anticipation?
I don't care about Nature or IVs, it just has to be a female eevee with anticipation.'
I'm also seekinga naughty Ditto, but the eevee takes priority.

Of course i'd need to know what you'd want in return but i have a spare adamant event torchic that's untouched.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 09:31:13 pm by RekkaAtsuma »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: October 24, 2013, 09:29:58 pm »

Is that the Hidden ability? If so, it might be as easy as going to the Friend Safari, though if you aren't that far yet, I'm sure there's one between us somewhere.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 463