Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651784 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #1785 on: November 03, 2013, 05:33:52 pm »

Togekiss?

Revenge killing it with Ice Shard (or just faster ice moves) is probably easier.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: November 03, 2013, 06:22:23 pm »

Anyone got a hidden ability (Drought) Vulpix they'd be willing to breed a copy of for me? Gender, IVs, and nature irrelevant (but female would be more convenient.)

I don't have much to offer, but I've got a male Eevee with perfect IVs, anticipation, and a bad nature (lax, +def, -speed) you might use for a breeder. I could also pretty much breed you a 5 IV Eevee of your choice, if you'd prefer something with a better nature but slightly worse stats.

I also have a Pachirisu with perfect IVs, should you for some reason really like Pachirisu.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ekolis

• Bay Watcher
  • Itsa Mii! Ed!
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #1787 on: November 03, 2013, 06:35:54 pm »

So what exactly determines which box newly captured Pokemon go in? They don't seem to always go in the first box, which is what I want...

Its the last box you visited on the PC.

Oh, thanks, that was driving me crazy trying to get all my newly captured Pokemon in the "Newbies" box!

And, I finally beat the game! Got kind of challenging at the end with the two gauntlets (Victory Road and the Elite Four/Champion), but I wish it had been challenging all along. At least there's still online play... I only won once at that (well, plus a forfeit when the other player disconnected), so clearly I have a ways to go! And whatever that battle school thingy in North Lumiose was... and all those extra locations on the map that I couldn't get to...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 06:49:27 pm by ekolis »
Charizard uses Kafrizzle! The Wizard of Yendor faints! The party gained 500 gil!

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: November 03, 2013, 07:30:35 pm »

I wouldn't mind a Timid Ralts, if you've got one. Trying to get me a Timid Greninja, because the one I have currently is not timid at all.
I have a metric shit-ton of timid protean froakies, with a varying range of perfect IVs, if you want one.  And by a metric shit-ton, I mean a box and a half of ones with protean, and another half box with torrent froakies.

I'm *this* close to getting one with everything but attack perfect.

That would do very, very nicely.
Just send a trade request when you next see me online.  My ingame name is Alec.

And you will probably be getting a 4 or 5 IV froakie, since I now have a breeding pair of 5IV proteans (everything but attack).  :P

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: November 03, 2013, 07:41:52 pm »

So what exactly determines which box newly captured Pokemon go in? They don't seem to always go in the first box, which is what I want...

Its the last box you visited on the PC.

Also I think I might swap out mega charizard for mega gardivoir.

And does anyone have a hard counter to garuchomp?  They keep wrecking me.

You already answered yourself. Gardevoir is a fairy-type who can learn Dazzling Gleam and Moonblast. Admittedly, its Defense is pretty bad and most of Garchomp's attacks are Physical, so it may be tough. Not to mention that Garchomp can learn Fire moves as well. Still, not a bad matchup, especially with Mega Gardevoir's Sp. Atk.
Also often called Boowells.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: November 03, 2013, 08:09:34 pm »

There are three kinds of Garchomp:

1. Garchomp Fail is the standard, average joe Garchomp that is not properly EV trained and is average. Easily defeated by Greninja or any fairy / ice type. Also, Noivern makes short work out of it.

2. Garchomp Scary is the properly EV trained, good Garchomp with maxed out speed and attack. Essentially you need to field someone faster than it with ice beam or a great fairy / dragon attack. Noivern is a good choice. One Draco Meteor and no more problem. Mewtwo, Greninja, Slyveon, etc. all work too. Not sure about Gardevoir as it's not really fast. I've even lost my Garchomp to an ice beam from Aggron of all things. Ice beam is super useful against him simply because he has a 4x weakness to it as compared to 2x of the others. Not to mention almost anyone can use ice beam.

3. Garchomp Impossible is the same as Garchomp Scary except it has choice scarf. So it outspeeds everything. Also, considering the type of player who would go through the trouble to make one of these, it's probably also going to be assisted in major ways such as with Stealth Rock / Spikes / various other support skills. Your only hope is a really powerful fairy type or choice scarf Noivern. However, you can also do funky things such as using thunder wave and will-o-wisp to cripple it provided you find a way to get it off. Generally it's acceptable to suicide a pokemon to do this as no one will have more than one such ultra sweeper.

Generally if someone brings out Garchomp in a 3v3, they've already lost. That 4x weakness to ice beam is too big. Everyone has ice beam.

----

I'm still pretty bad at random battles but I think if you want to have a good time in them, you need to have answers to the following pokemon:

1. Mewtwo (and the other two legendaries)
2. Garchomp (Mega Garchomp is weaker though, don't worry about him)
3. Blaziken
4. Greninja
5. Mega Charizard Y
6. Mega Lucario
7. Aegislash
8. Noivern
9. Snorlax
10. Jolteon

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: November 04, 2013, 12:22:35 am »

Someone here will know. My 3DS is showing the spotpass green dot next to my Pokémon Y icon. What does this effect in game? I really wish they had released a manual with this game, there's so many things that would benefit from a good explaining.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: November 04, 2013, 12:27:50 am »

Someone here will know. My 3DS is showing the spotpass green dot next to my Pokémon Y icon. What does this effect in game? I really wish they had released a manual with this game, there's so many things that would benefit from a good explaining.
As far as I know, it only signifies that you can collect additional Pokemiles by checking your Holocaster announcements in the PSS settings.  It's like pennies compared to the GTS or Wonder Trades, though, not really worth all that much since the people you encounter are likely to be from your area unless you stroll through an international airport or something. 

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: November 04, 2013, 06:32:08 am »

Ah that's wonderful. What would you like for Modest Ralts?

A good home. ;_;

She will enjoy breeding with her fellow Ralts in a love home, wont she?  :P

Whats your name in the game? Im Elle Ciel or Elsior. Wont be able to go online until 10pm GMT+10 today but should be free most of the day tomorrow.

Ouch, Australian, huh? That's 7 AM tomorrow for me here in GMT-5. I can try staying up really late since I don't have anything going on tomorrow if I remember rightly, but it may not work. Although, if you get on at 11 AM to noon or something in GMT+10, I should be able to be online, since it'll only be about 8 PM in GMT-5.

Yes I can be online at 11AM to noon (GMT+10) on Tue 5 November 2013 as I'll be working from home on that day. Damn this timezone difference is taxing my brain lol. I've been trying to breed Modest Ralts to no avail, it's really 1/50 chance for both nature and ability...

EDIT: Oh so you're Booswell. Many thanks for the Modest Ralts. Been trying to breed one for two days! If you need anything please let me know. I am only stil at Yveltal encounter but plan to beat the story to access friend safari!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 07:18:57 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: November 04, 2013, 07:46:55 am »

She will enjoy breeding with her fellow Ralts in a love home, wont she?  :P

Whats your name in the game? Im Elle Ciel or Elsior. Wont be able to go online until 10pm GMT+10 today but should be free most of the day tomorrow.

Ouch, Australian, huh? That's 7 AM tomorrow for me here in GMT-5. I can try staying up really late since I don't have anything going on tomorrow if I remember rightly, but it may not work. Although, if you get on at 11 AM to noon or something in GMT+10, I should be able to be online, since it'll only be about 8 PM in GMT-5.

Yes I can be online at 11AM to noon (GMT+10) on Tue 5 November 2013 as I'll be working from home on that day. Damn this timezone difference is taxing my brain lol. I've been trying to breed Modest Ralts to no avail, it's really 1/50 chance for both nature and ability...

EDIT: Oh so you're Booswell. Many thanks for the Modest Ralts. Been trying to breed one for two days! If you need anything please let me know. I am only stil at Yveltal encounter but plan to beat the story to access friend safari!

No problem. I'll let you know.
Also often called Boowells.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: November 04, 2013, 08:34:58 am »

Trying to level Pokemon I just want to get rid of after evolving them, however there is one problem..
No matter how many hearts it has, Woobat simply refuses to evolve.
What am I doing wrong here?

I know what I am doing wrong now.. Pokemon happiness is not affected via Pokemon Amie.
Really, I should have known that..
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 09:07:13 am by Ultimuh »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: November 04, 2013, 10:01:01 am »

If Amie affected happiness then either Espeon/Umbreon or Sylveon would be a bitch to get.

EDIT: Beat the Elite 4. For some reason Malva's Talonflame kicked my ass six ways from Sunday. I guess I'm just not used to not moving first. The fact that my highest level was 60 probably didn't help.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:04:52 am by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: November 04, 2013, 11:25:39 am »

If Amie affected happiness then either Espeon/Umbreon or Sylveon would be a bitch to get.

EDIT: Beat the Elite 4. For some reason Malva's Talonflame kicked my ass six ways from Sunday. I guess I'm just not used to not moving first. The fact that my highest level was 60 probably didn't help.
Yup. This is why everyone wants to move first in mp. :P

ekolis

• Bay Watcher
  • Itsa Mii! Ed!
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #1798 on: November 04, 2013, 11:44:54 am »

Heh, so Pokemon is like Angband - speed is king!
Charizard uses Kafrizzle! The Wizard of Yendor faints! The party gained 500 gil!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: November 04, 2013, 12:01:05 pm »

Heh, so Pokemon is like Angband - speed is king!

Given there are pokemon teams with one pokemon who is guaranteed to die who exists ONLY to put on a field condition that reverses the speed effect (Slowest pokemon act first)...

Yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 463