Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651188 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The most faaaabulous pikachu
« Reply #3525 on: August 19, 2014, 12:48:07 am »

Clearly the answer is imposter ditto cause it is all things at once. On another hand I have completed the 4 main players in my Water team made for spot doubles. Not going to go into the team as a whole seeing as it still needs work but I might as well mention my Seaking as I mentioned looking for a SA one a bit ago. I decided to name mine Leya Den as the result was a female and that was the best play on a word related to electricity (leyden) I was able to think of first.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not an attacker by any means but went with the ice beam to be more affective against grass and dragon pokemon. The best it will probably do from that front is if I manage to encore an electric move and get a good amount of boost to my SpA. Really though in the end it is a wall meant to just sit out there and tank all of the electric attacks that might come my way. While it is basically devoting one of my team to dealing with a single specific type it is the only one my whole team is basically weak to and the only one that I don't have any moves (currently) that will damage super effectively.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: August 19, 2014, 01:16:21 am »

Typeless was actually possible in Gen IV - a pure Flying-type who used Roost would become ???-type for the rest of the turn, with no weaknesses or resists.
Of course, there were no pure Flying types in Gen IV besides Arceus, who couldn't learn Roost. You'd have to Colour Change or something to pure-Flying on a Roost-capable Pokemon, and even then it was only for one turn. But hey, random pieces of glitchy trivia FTW!

Though ? ? ? type was removed in Gen 5. Instead, when you use roost you become Normal.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3528 on: August 19, 2014, 01:37:59 am »

A Seaking... wall?

Okay.

I wish I had just played my last match on showdown as it would have shown you. I lost most of my team early but not before I toxiced most of the enemy team minus his Dragonite.  I got my Seaking out early because said dragonite had thunderpunch and I was hoping to encore it into that but it draco meteored instead. After that I got my Aqua Ring up then a sub. Once the rest of the team was dead he put out his Vaporeon and X Charizard. The Xzard didn't last long to the poison as my main hitter had done some decent damage to it already. With that out of the way he brought forward Meganium. With careful timing I managed to knock them both out at the same time, Vap to poison and Mag to an ice beam. With that he only had the unpoisoned Dragonite. His first attack was thunder punch as he didn't know I had LRod and I got up sub again. He then proceeded to forfeit, I still had 8 uses of ice beam on Seaking. Throughout all of that fight my Seaking only dipped into yellow once and that was on the first use of Sub. After that he was green the whole way and through careful use of protect and using aqua ring even though I already had it up to stall I ended the fight at full health and had been there for a good number of turns. While a Seaking doesn't have that good of a base stat spread overall the Defense is 92 and the Special Defense is 80. Combined with the fact that the only thing an LRod seaking is weak to being grass they have a good bit of staying power when built right and by having ice beam as the attack she carries even without a SpA boost from a Elect attack the ice beam still packs some power.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: August 19, 2014, 09:29:57 am »

Apparently, GameStop stores in my area have started a special promotion today: pre-order one of the new Hoenn games, get a Heracross or Pincir in your copy of X or Y, along with their megaevolution stone.
Sounds like your local stores are cheating you.  From what I heard, it's like other events in that they shouldn't require the preorder.  That could be wrong, though; they usually use the wireless instead of one-use codes.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 10:22:14 am by Culise »

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: August 19, 2014, 01:33:41 pm »

Well the ultimate pokemon is Unown...

Because not only does it have its own unique attack, but it never gets knocked out because no one uses them.

Unown are a weird pokemon for me because they seem like they should serve a greater purpose... but they don't...
Unown doesn't have its own unique attack. Anything that can learn TMs can learn hidden power.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: August 19, 2014, 01:47:22 pm »

Because not only does it have its own unique attack, but it never gets knocked out because no one uses them.

Unown are a weird pokemon for me because they seem like they should serve a greater purpose... but they don't...
Unown doesn't have its own unique attack. Anything that can learn TMs can learn hidden power.

Dang I thought Symbol attack was a move in pokemon...

Where the heck did I think that was a move?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: August 20, 2014, 06:27:42 pm »

Apparently, GameStop stores in my area have started a special promotion today: pre-order one of the new Hoenn games, get a Heracross or Pincir in your copy of X or Y, along with their megaevolution stone.
Sounds like your local stores are cheating you.  From what I heard, it's like other events in that they shouldn't require the preorder.  That could be wrong, though; they usually use the wireless instead of one-use codes.
Following up on this quick, just in case.  I just went in today, and I can confirm that no purchase is necessary according to the event guidelines, just like the regular wireless events.  If your local Gamestop is insisting on a preorder before they give you your code, they are cheating you in order to pad their preorder statistics for the home office.  It's something I've heard certain unscrupulous branches and managers tend to do, though I'm glad I've never had the ill fortune to encounter such misbehavior for myself.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: August 20, 2014, 08:11:20 pm »

Dang I thought Symbol attack was a move in pokemon...

Where the heck did I think that was a move?
TCG maybe?

Otherwise it's probably just some random bit of fantasy literature/filmography/etc. featuring magic attacking letters.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: August 20, 2014, 08:13:31 pm »

Following up on this quick, just in case.  I just went in today, and I can confirm that no purchase is necessary according to the event guidelines, just like the regular wireless events.  If your local Gamestop is insisting on a preorder before they give you your code, they are cheating you in order to pad their preorder statistics for the home office.  It's something I've heard certain unscrupulous branches and managers tend to do, though I'm glad I've never had the ill fortune to encounter such misbehavior for myself.
Hmm, that's troubling. I'll bring my 3DS in on my day off, see if I can just pick it up on the wireless.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: August 20, 2014, 08:32:52 pm »

Hmm, that's troubling. I'll bring my 3DS in on my day off, see if I can just pick it up on the wireless.
It's not on the wireless, unfortunately; you'll need to ask them for a card with a unique code, which you redeem by entering into your Mystery Gift menu and selecting "Get with code" while online.  If they're participating in the event, they should have stacks of such cards behind the counter. 

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: August 20, 2014, 08:36:40 pm »

Ah. Slightly more complicated.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3537 on: August 20, 2014, 08:56:18 pm »

Sadly the preorder shenanigans is all over. One story notes they got theirs even though the store was requiring a preorder by bringing up the pokemon site itself on their phone and showing that it was supposed to be free to grab and only the special posters required a preorder (story here). If you don't have a fancy phone or your data plan sucks then printing the page out and bringing it with you might work. If anything and your really intent on getting the code even if it takes causing a stink try elevating your problem to a manager or what have you. A thing to note is that in the reddit thread on /r/pokemon has someone claim that a sales associate read them an internal memo noting that people only had to ask for the cards to receive them and they did not need to buy anything. This would imply that even if the manager doesn't bend you could probably try to elevate even beyond that and it would possibly work.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: August 20, 2014, 09:56:16 pm »

Heck, if they put up the cardboard stand that advertises the ORAS preorders and this particular Mega event that I suspect all of the stores received, you could probably point out that nice "No purchase necessary" smack across the middle of the stand if they didn't conveniently cover it with something. :D

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: August 21, 2014, 12:28:08 am »

Just had a fun battle with a random person.  Even though they super out legended me I won pretty well, though I definitely made a few mistakes with Gyrados's attacks and in not resting shuckle before using power split.

JMJW-WWWW-WWW9-96MW

On the positive end, people are still sometimes surprised by facading Luxray and Togekiss is a heinous beast with a troll face.

I was really shocked to see another Mega Gyrados though... Did those suddenly get popular or something?
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 463