Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 400188 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #3150 on: March 02, 2013, 06:20:17 pm »

And GWG proves that he knows history better than I do.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: March 02, 2013, 06:25:39 pm »

but he has a point...he pretty much summed it up although i'd exchange the US with South Africa( the point being that it absolutely has no reason to interfere with poland).

at a closer look however Thaneos may have given the wrong reasons why he attacks Az-Sho but one would be simply that you sunk an entire continent and that the resulting tsunmais are propably destroying half of hadria.

Taricus gave me the same explanation in IRC with the added Content of that your Collaterals kill of loads of innocents worshippers of other gods.

Anyhow, in your position i'd either do the fast retreat or prepare a new app...because no matter what the chances that you survive this are more than meagre...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: March 02, 2013, 06:26:52 pm »

I have an application in mind if I die, but I'm hoping to pull a Luke Skywalker.
Sig! Onol

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: March 02, 2013, 06:27:57 pm »

Actually, this game is not quite why I began visiting this forum. I'm far more interested in Lordship, which is an excellent historical suggestion RPG with friendly relaxed discussion, and occasional asides on history, rather than nebulous discussions of the extents of poorly delimited powers, that I can't quite keep a handle on, among people who more or less have done this a thousand times together before. It smacks suspiciously of a group of friends running around shouting pew-pew, got you, nuh-uh, uh-huh. And that's cool for the people on the inside.

But I'm on the outside. The discussion in this particular game therefore moves too fast and with too many tacit assumptions among veterans for me to accurately keep track of with my limited time, and therefore with great regret I must bow out. I don't expect I'll be reading it again.
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: March 02, 2013, 06:29:14 pm »

Right, first things first. YOU just started a calamity on an apocalyptic scale. That continent sinking? Doomed just about EVERYTHING on the planet. And Udil attacked you in an attempt to ascend. The fact that he will be ascended by my actions should put a leash on the godkilling, combined with the fact that the dwarves are revived, and given a new homeland (Though someone has to stop the tidal wave, that's likely a standard act however) means that Udil owes a fair bit of gratitude to the overgod.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: March 02, 2013, 06:32:41 pm »

but he has a point...he pretty much summed it up although i'd exchange the US with South Africa( the point being that it absolutely has no reason to interfere with poland).
When did the US come into conflict with South Africa?

at a closer look however Thaneos may have given the wrong reasons why he attacks Az-Sho but one would be simply that you sunk an entire continent and that the resulting tsunmais are propably destroying half of hadria.
And yet killing all the drakes does nothing?

Anyhow, in your position i'd either do the fast retreat or prepare a new app...because no matter what the chances that you survive this are more than meagre...
Why, does Thaneos's hammer work when miles of rock and magma are in the way? Sure, he can't ever come up to the surface on his own, not until the gods and such who are currently there are mostly gone, but he'll survive.

Right, first things first. YOU just started a calamity on an apocalyptic scale. That continent sinking? Doomed just about EVERYTHING on the planet. And Udil attacked you in an attempt to ascend. The fact that he will be ascended by my actions should put a leash on the godkilling, combined with the fact that the dwarves are revived, and given a new homeland ... means that Udil owes a fair bit of gratitude to the overgod.
In theory.
In practice? Perhaps not. But we'll see...we'll see.
Don't come crying to me if he uses that newfound power to kill someone, though.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: March 02, 2013, 06:35:09 pm »

I did not know there was a tidal wave, although I suppose dropping a continent ~75 feet did that.
So what? You're gods. You have Mighty Acts; why do you not fix the problem instead of blaming me for it when you can hold me accountable after the world is saved?

And I gave Udil quite a lot - a home, technologies, protection from the ravages of the world ... admittedly I'm rather biased, but it seems to me that (IC) Udil is insatiable. Gratitude means nothing to him, nor does fellowship or peace.
IC, of course.
Sig! Onol

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: March 02, 2013, 06:51:32 pm »

Just realized IC, Traurig probably doesn't know about the spire.  I really want to use it though.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: March 02, 2013, 06:52:34 pm »

Just realized IC, Traurig probably doesn't know about the spire.  I really want to use it though.
You mean the spire that got trashed by the Overgod? :P
Sig! Onol

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: March 02, 2013, 06:55:20 pm »

And finally jbg. You are out. Period. That what was it? 6th? 7th? 8th-IC Post is enough. I told you three times already and im sick of it. Consider yourself banned from this game and this thread. I would appreciate if you would completely stop posting on both. I hope i have made myself clear enough now, otherwise i have to inform Higher Powers on this forum. PLease don't answer to this post this decision is final and will not be changed due to any amount of reasoning,whining or other tries of communication.
No. No, I have not posted any thing IC because i have no character. If fact, I never posted anything that might even be considered IC even in the vaguest of contexts. I don't want to change your mind, because even if I got back into this game you would kill me off in the first turn because you hate me especially for some reason. You would appreciate me stop posting in both? I POSTED EXACTLY ONCE IN THE IC THREAD AFTER I DIED. Here? I never posted any IC posts. Your argument is invalid, you are a hyper-reactive person. Good day sir. Good day.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: March 02, 2013, 07:02:32 pm »

I had to not trash it in order to help Udil out. It's up for anyone to take though.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: March 02, 2013, 07:05:34 pm »

OVERGOD WHYYYYYY!  You ascend Udil but not the peaceful seaspawn and then you destroy my greatest chance of ascending without bloodshed on my own?!?  Do I have to start going around slaughtering entire populations and murdering gods to get some freakin respect?!?! :P

On a more serious note, I'm going to IC contact you and I'm really hoping if you're so willing to hand out ascensions that you might aid me too.

Edit: Ninja'd I see...  Never mind that rant, haha.  Anyway, I just want the tower to ascend along with GWG.  That and I want to create my first species with it (a species that progresses evolution because I want to be a god of evolution)  Anyway after that I'll leave it alone and not abuse the power.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 07:07:08 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: March 02, 2013, 07:07:33 pm »

No more acts for ten turns, sorry :P

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: March 02, 2013, 07:11:52 pm »

Eh well since the spire is up, I just need to access it.  After someone IC tells me about it of course...  Still probably going to contact you though.  You're the overgod, so you're sort of all knowing right?  Which means even though Corvus can't answer my question you can! :D  (please?)
Sure thing peanut man!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: March 02, 2013, 07:17:19 pm »

on the matter of THaneos Teleporting Udil im, not really sure.

Udil contacted Thaneos first. He knew Thaneos was far from friendly with Az-Sho, since he watched the meeting of the gods.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 379