Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 400189 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #3465 on: March 04, 2013, 05:13:12 pm »

He's stopping you from communicating with people?  Talking to people mentally from the safety of your city doesn't even require acts.  Just send out mind messages or something.  Anyway Udil was already planning on killing you or at the very least conquering your city.  That means you have to worry considerably less about provoking him. ;)
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: March 04, 2013, 05:15:22 pm »

Actually, I'd rather prevent fighting him until I have to and I have enough Acts to counter him.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: March 04, 2013, 05:18:51 pm »

Yes, go to the spire.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: March 04, 2013, 05:20:51 pm »

Haha, I saw that post before you modified it.  Yes it's true, I haven't actually read up anything about the creation of the spire OOC not that it matters.  IC I've only heard about it from GWG's character and he's the one going to investigate it anyway.

Edit: Perusing through old posts, I couldn't help but notice the world hammer can only be used by those with giant's blood.

Ahh, so you made the tower huh?  So do you have a problem with me using it to ascend?  I only want to use it once.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 05:33:33 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: March 04, 2013, 05:34:38 pm »

Oh, and BTW: Look at what Udil's doing with the prisoner. He's setting Aodun free! Did I not say this would end badly?
Dammit, Ardas, why do you need to keep proving me right?

Seriously though, I am a tad bit concerned that Udil apparently cares nothing for the demise of his wife and son(s). Or at least mentions them, though I think it was mainly because we all forgot Udil had a family.
Or because Udil got what matters more to him than any person--divinity.

I'm trying to put into action a plan thar should at least slow down the genocide of pretty much everything. We are nearly being suffocated by all the corpses piling up!
Good luck.

GWG you too, you are awfully out of character. Hey that worked cool, doesn't sound one bit like a Massive Dragon...
What are you expecting? [glow=3,200]RAR GRR I'M A GIANT DRAGON WORSHIP ME OR BE EATEN[/glow] or something?
I see him as trying to emulate Grandpa, which is convenient because A. I don't need to come up with a new, complex personality to don while playing this game and B. it gives Nelkathar a motivation to do the kind of altruistic stuff you don't see anyone doing.

Why is it that all gods seem to think that getting past Sabt Golgo is easy?
Because they want it to be. And because no one's tried yet.

Ah, Udil is such a lovable little rascal.
That's about as accurate as saying Hitler Pol Pot was an example choirboy who once stole a cookie.

Remind me why the backstabbing Dwarf get's rewarded? I want a reason.
Because the GM likes him. And no one has wisened up to how he will backstab y'all save me and maybe some other minor guys, despite my predictions of him turning against Corvus, Az-Sho, and now Tiruin (?) have all come true. I suspect my one about Thaneos would if he hadn't died.

Our Overgods have all been on the dim side somewhat, I'm afraid.
It's not just them. Thaneos, for instance.
I suppose everyone else who's thrown in their lot with him can be excused for doing so when he hadn't even moved much against Neyravah yet.

By this time the only person who knows not to trust him is Corvus. All the other ones are dead, and I suspect I'll be following them soon.
And Nelkathar, albeit in part due to being Neyravahs' spiritual grandkid. Which sorta-kinda makes Udil his uncle...

the craving for power is not a force of nature
Oh great, two Udil's.
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE
Someone forge SunRa a Katana...and give him a scottish accent.
Aye, MacLeod, slay that drunken Kurgan.

Why did someone have to revive the dwarves? I wanted Udil to die from Godly Starvation!
Because everyone loves dwarves, even to the point of eventual suicide by Udil?

From a moral standpoint, converting the dwarves would be a lot more ethical than killing them just to starve Udil.
On the other hand, conversion has a higher risk of Udil sending his troops to kill all rebel dwarves and other worshipers, and then killing you, stealing your power for himself, and putting a blight on the land.

That said, from an IC perspective some new gods may not "know" about Udil's past so telling them IC could serve a purpose but I wouldn't count on it.
Aye, worth a shot...

If players really want Udil dead then eventually they will make an attempt to kill him.  If they don't and he kills them... too bad I guess?
Very bad. Udil M. Stu will continue to rampage, all the more powerful.

My guy is currently content to become a lesser god and bring about a new wave of biological evolution to make this universe a little more interesting.  Unless someone directly gets in my way of doing this, I probably won't kill.  Then again that assumes I can become a god without killing another player first... Hopefully that spire is working.
Similarly from here.

Actually, there is something stopping me. UDIL. Why do you think I haven't done that by now?
You're on the moon?

Haha, I saw that post before you modified it.  Yes it's true, I haven't actually read up anything about the creation of the spire OOC not that it matters.  IC I've only heard about it from GWG's character and he's the one going to investigate it anyway.
And Nelkathar from rumors.
OOC, I don't remember much of it either.

Edit: Perusing through old posts, I couldn't help but notice the world hammer can only be used by those with giant's blood.
...Excellent. Unless it turns out Udil's father was somehow a giant, he can't use it. *punches air* Yes! Hope!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: March 04, 2013, 05:36:44 pm »

Ahh, so you made the tower huh?  So do you have a problem with me using it to ascend?  I only want to use it once.

It is inactive. You will have to find another way to ascend, I am afraid.

@GWG: Taerai is Taricus', not Tiruin's. Tiruin is another Bay12er.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: March 04, 2013, 05:39:57 pm »

Hmm, I really don't want to kill anyone to ascend but I'm starting to feel desperate.

Edit:  Actually I'd be more patient if my guy was at least immortal.  Eh, I'll see what happens.
Sure thing peanut man!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: March 04, 2013, 05:44:09 pm »

You could always be the Ascendent God archetype.
Overthrow a younger god's position in a pantheon.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: March 04, 2013, 05:46:18 pm »

You could always be the Ascendent God archetype.
Overthrow a younger god's position in a pantheon.
Maybe although first off I'm not sure how I would go about doing that and secondly I'm not really that eager to join any of the current pantheons.  The future god of evolution will probably ally with the nature god, assuming our goals are similar enough.
Sure thing peanut man!

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: March 04, 2013, 05:52:14 pm »

The sole thing akin to a Pantheon came crashing down. It is a wild world out there now. And I am a younger god now too, if I am not mistaken.

Polypian

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't make me sting your ass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: March 04, 2013, 06:01:10 pm »

How is the Overgod still awake? He has used like 3 mighty acts per turn for the last 2 and hasn't slept a wink.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: March 04, 2013, 06:04:03 pm »

How is the Overgod still awake? He has used like 3 mighty acts per turn for the last 2 and hasn't slept a wink.

You reckon a Overgod died last turn and the current one just entered and spent 10 Mighty Acts in one turn? He will have fallen asleep by the end of the turn, at best.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: March 04, 2013, 06:05:14 pm »

The overgod also plays as his dream avatar while he's sleeping.  Basically like an ascendant level of strength guy.

Azthor, why would you be a younger god now?  I feel like I miss a lot of details.

GWG, even if the spire is wrecked we might be able to invest our combined minor acts in it to get it working for at least two turns.
Sure thing peanut man!

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: March 04, 2013, 06:06:04 pm »

The overgod also plays as his dream avatar while he's sleeping.  Basically like an ascendant level of strength guy.

Azthor, why would you be a younger god now?  I feel like I miss a lot of details.

GWG, even if the spire is wrecked we might be able to invest our combined minor acts in it to get it working for at least two turns.

The fraction of a turn I spent in the prison drained me. Call it a collateral effect. Also, the spire isn't wrecked, it just isn't generating any excess power because it drains its Mighty Acts from the Overgod's excess Act generation. Since the Overgod produces 3 Mighty Acts/turn and there are three Elder Gods in the game, each drawing 1 Mighty Act/turn, it produces nothing.

Polypian

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't make me sting your ass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: March 04, 2013, 06:10:05 pm »

It says the dream avatar has only 1 minor act per turn, but the Overgod used 3 Mighty Acts after a turn in which he used 3 other Mighty Acts. So he can't be asleep right now, but he should.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 379