Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 400221 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #4590 on: March 12, 2013, 05:07:25 pm »

I have no idea how I am going to RP the meeting between Kar'lan and whomever the champion will be...I might get some inspiration if I knew of any ascendant applications.  (none in the application thread)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: March 12, 2013, 05:16:48 pm »

I just noticed Corvus referring to Traurig as a mortal visionary after his death... Sniff sniff.  I'm touched both by that and the use of a mighty act to try and bring him back.  We were so close to saving the world, yet so far... and now?  Void monster?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: March 12, 2013, 05:24:34 pm »

Is Udil's crippling going to mean something this time?

Name one benefit that can be had with a god of darkness around. Had you been god of water, or love or sun or bunnies, then maybe.
...Water?

elf, you selfish asshat. Everyone is pitching acts on world rebuilding and you keep hiding on your crappy moon and wasting your acts.
Ladies and gentlemen, god of knowledge, the beacon of enlightenment.
Says the god who has slain most of his allies and threatened most of the rest.
Seriously, it's filth like Udil that makes any kind of peace impossible; if you can't even trust your allies, those you helped or allowed to exist, how can you focus your resources on saving the world and not preparations for being backstabbed?
Even now that Volondor has softened Udil, his/their actions and words turn gods away from each other.
When everyone hates Corvus and some want to kill him, I think he's justified in not doing what they say. Besides, his actions are benevolent in intent--reviving Traurig, spreading new knowledge, etc. That's consistent whenever Corvus isn't being attacked, and it's more than Udil can claim for the present or all his history.

For a god of knowledge your are probably the most paranoid one out of everyone. You are rubbish at your sphere.
Corvus is actually following his domain pretty well. Name one alliance of gods, or even group of gods working to a similar goal, that didn't end well, and I'll name two which didn't. You should know this--the most notable examples involved Udil.

Maybe I messed up my wording, but I don't want any direct control over anyone, but merely for everyone to be worshiped in one pantheon for bonus points drawn form such a big religion as worshipped by all mortals. Its more of a council thing, with Udil as head of the council.
Mm-hm. No control at all, you're just the leader.

...Gods damn it, why is Ardas the only one saying things I have something to say about?

I will notice and i will throw you into a godly prison. Remember i still have 2 Mighty acts and only need 1 to imprison ANY god.
Stealing the moon will have less drastic effects than the dwarves' logging or drake...I give up, taxicide, and has much more benign motives.

Elf, you are incredibly antagonistic. I don't think such attitude is a domain of god of knowledge. Raelly, ghaz should change you into god of cowardice and self-doubt, because for a proposal of a council or an agreement you just said "fuck you guys" and left. I'm sorry but you are totally out of character here.
Says the avatar of wrath...but I wouldn't expect Udil to understand after murdering a god for daring to try and help the dwarves.
Short version: They hate him, he won't help them. It's...it's kinda like if Az-Sho had asked Udil to help make more Ashborn and such after Udil made his hatred clear.

So, how much you wanna bet Vanida's going to manipulate him into citing Corvus as the king of all evil?
He's out of other living allies...

I'm siding with Corvus here. he has kept his word, he only killed in self defence, and a god of knowledge is not exactly a warrior. He's perfectly entitled to leave when he's been threatened purely for doing what he believes to be right no apparent reason.
Seriously, what is it that Corvus is being hated for? Not helping people who hate him? Helping the world in a way that others don't like?

Elf, just a quick note you are not omniscient no god is, except for the Overgod.
Corvus should be close. I mean, if nothing else, he's being hated and abused for next to no reason, throw him a bone.

He isn't, he switched from watching Udil to the swarm.
Even then, you can hardly find something's name from it's looks, especially if you don't know it's purpose.
Maybe he had a hunch, named them, and used the name to justify the hunch?

Its also about commenting on what other gods are doing or talking to each other about. I doubt you would be able to simply peer into Udil's halls just like that and eavesdrop.
Corvus knows what anyone knows...every thinking thing is a spy for the God of Knowledge.

Oh, and out of curiosity, is there any chance an actual god would come out of the gash to the void any time soon?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: March 12, 2013, 05:29:55 pm »

TLDR

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: March 12, 2013, 05:30:54 pm »

Its also about commenting on what other gods are doing or talking to each other about. I doubt you would be able to simply peer into Udil's halls just like that and eavesdrop.
Corvus knows what anyone knows...every thinking thing is a spy for the God of Knowledge.

Oh, and out of curiosity, is there any chance an actual god would come out of the gash to the void any time soon?

The rift was just closed.  Enough people put in the acts required.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: March 12, 2013, 05:31:05 pm »

um... plenty of gods came out of it. Like me. O.o

Okay not many, but.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: March 12, 2013, 05:31:46 pm »

Just to note: Lo dislikes every god who has fled from Despair, not just just Corvus.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: March 12, 2013, 05:33:12 pm »

Why does it matter if gods or ancients come out?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: March 12, 2013, 05:33:26 pm »

So you hate me for not helping a planet that never had anything to do with me in the first place?

Seriously, that's like saying 'You didn't settle in the ghetto like the rest of us, so you're a despicable person'.

Wait, I guess that means I didn't flee. I was just not stupid enough to get entangled in that whole mess when there's a whole galaxy of perfectly good planets out there.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 05:35:01 pm by ragnarok97071 »
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: March 12, 2013, 05:34:38 pm »

Just to note: Lo dislikes every god who has fled from Despair, not just just Corvus.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: March 12, 2013, 05:35:03 pm »

Also, Corvus, if anything, has at least Fatianna and Feros as allies. He's not completely alone, but pretty much everyone except those two and Traurig (dead), and Gren think he's a coward/hypocrite/liar/bastard/whatever colourful insult Ardas decides to come up with or Vanida hurls at him. Not completely true, GWG, but thanks anyway.

As for void creatures, the Catalyst Swarm MIGHT count as plenty...

As for Lo, considering the circumstances in which Corvus left...Lo might end up actually being horribly chewed out by Corvus for making a quick assumption that was uninformed and adding to his WORLD RAEG thing that he's already got going.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: March 12, 2013, 05:35:55 pm »

Really, Cor didn't flee either.

He was chased out by massive dicks.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: March 12, 2013, 05:36:43 pm »

Also, Corvus, if anything, has at least Fatianna and Feros as allies. He's not completely alone, but pretty much everyone except those two and Traurig (dead), and Gren...

What about Kar'lan?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: March 12, 2013, 05:38:27 pm »

Aodun was around when Aldemas died. Perfect reason to flee. And Aodun had three mighty acts over Corvus.

Put it this way, this wouldn't be happening if Corvus was "brave", aka suicidal.

Kar'Lan he counts as more of a colleague. He's neutral on him, as he has neither spoken for nor against Corvus, but he has shown his worth.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: March 12, 2013, 05:38:55 pm »

Also, Corvus, if anything, has at least Fatianna and Feros as allies. He's not completely alone, but pretty much everyone except those two and Traurig (dead), and Gren think he's a coward/hypocrite/liar/bastard/whatever colourful insult Ardas decides to come up with or Vanida hurls at him. Not completely true, GWG, but thanks anyway.

As for void creatures, the Catalyst Swarm MIGHT count as plenty...

As for Lo, considering the circumstances in which Corvus left...Lo might end up actually being horribly chewed out by Corvus for making a quick assumption that was uninformed and adding to his WORLD RAEG thing that he's already got going.

Well that's the point: Lo is uninformed. Also, Lo hates Udil pretty badly to; she just has a slight amount of respect for him. Slight.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 379