Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44

Author Topic: Brightwater: Community fortress of science, oceans, and animal taming  (Read 152055 times)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Brightwater: Community fortress of science, oceans, and animal taming
« Reply #585 on: June 04, 2012, 09:29:06 pm »

Honestly, I haven't touched any version of DF past 34.07 yet.  Last few weeks I've barely had the time to even update this fortress, let alone start a new one in a new version.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 05, 2012, 06:37:44 am »

...That's before minecarts. So much for my idea of having minecarts drop sand bags down to the magma sea...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #587 on: June 05, 2012, 07:47:46 am »

...That's before minecarts. So much for my idea of having minecarts drop sand bags down to the magma sea...
It wouldn't have worked, anyways, due to a bug with bags popping out of minecarts. Once he upgrades, though, the fortress will get them automatically.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 05, 2012, 08:52:02 pm »

Wait, bags pop out of minecarts?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #589 on: June 05, 2012, 10:10:39 pm »

Wait, bags pop out of minecarts?
Sorry, my mistake - one of the fixes in 0.34.11 was "stopped empty bags from popping out of carts".
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

ObeseHelmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 08, 2012, 06:21:25 pm »

Hey Sphalerite--

I won't chicken out of the wooden weapon thing, even though using such a lame weapon nearly killed me.

But if there is one to spare I do request some sort of reasonably powerful war animal -- I can be one with its naturalness and run into slaughter alongside it.

<in character>
    I'll treat it well, don't worry. I'll treat it much better than all these other dwarves here.
</in character>

So yeah. Since this is an animal training fortress, I thought this might be an appropriate way to aid an eccentric.

--Obese

P.S. No you may not pull the trick of saddling me with a war whale.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 08, 2012, 07:05:27 pm »

I had the image of ObeseHelmet's dwarf riding a whale, brandishing a pointy stick at goblins until he realises that as long as he's riding the whale he's too far away from the goblins to poke them.
...War whales one rides would be awesome.
Sig

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 09, 2012, 09:47:10 am »

what was i doing, picking my ear?!?

and i dont want to live in the caverns, i want to enclose the god-metal in stone so we cant screw things up.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

ObeseHelmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 09, 2012, 11:16:57 am »

I had the image of ObeseHelmet's dwarf riding a whale, brandishing a pointy stick at goblins until he realises that as long as he's riding the whale he's too far away from the goblins to poke them.
...War whales one rides would be awesome.

That is totally my character, right there. Now I'm thinking twice, and I kind of want a war whale!

And the game does say I'm a marksdwarf whenever I show up in the story. Maybe I can get some wood bolts and shoot from whale-top?

Then I might actually not be not an asset.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 11:18:42 am by ObeseHelmet »

MagmaMan54

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_SECRET_GOAL: IMMORTALITY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 10, 2012, 05:53:44 pm »

Just finished reading. This is truly an awesome fort.

Could I possibly be dorfed? I'd like a military dwarf (any melee,) name MagmaMan, profession Paladin. Preferably male.
Urist and Catten went up the hill
To fetch a +bucket+ of 7/7 water,
Urist fell down, and the ground hit Urist in the head, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!,
And Catten fell into some magma.

Dragonmanb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 10, 2012, 06:38:15 pm »

I just started the forum and find this awsome i would like to be dorfed male if possible in incest royal family but  as the black sheep of familiy.

Name:  Ryujin

ps. Im using my cell so i cant veiw the pics

Mjattie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 10, 2012, 10:33:33 pm »

Just read the whole 40 pages... I want a dorf.

Call him Mr. Anderson. I want one who is part of The Family, preferably male(Though female would be hilarious). Any skills are fine, but I want him to be an assistant to Cain, practising with the crossbow whenever he has some spare time.
EDIT: I suggest the Baron's quarters look out into the caverns, with bridges between the windows and the flying building destroyers, so they can be opened in an emergency.
Sorry, I saw you accidentally wrote closed, so I fixed it.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 11, 2012, 12:06:45 am »

well fuck

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 11, 2012, 03:17:07 am »

Diary of CoraiUnki, entry 12.1

The gods have cursed us surely, ever since this damned metal has been found nothing but death and pain have followed. I recognize these goblins from a class I took at the mountainhome, these were elites. This fortress has not long to stand before we are tramped by the impending greenskin boots. I will bring it up with Cilob about increasing the military and increasing the safety of the forests. Mainly through walls strategically placed for elves to take cover in should this horrible tragedy to happen again.

I dearly should learn to use a axe, I am not letting this fort fall. Not as long as I can hold a axe, sword, or crossbow.

Entry 12.2

When did I write this, diary? I dont remember writing that!  Thats not my writing. Haha! Im sleep-writing for something, ha ha!

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 11, 2012, 01:49:47 pm »

I hope this gets updated soon; it's starting to get annoying.

"Oh, look, Brightwater's got new posts!...Nope, nothing interesting." The only change is the occasional neat diary entry.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44