Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58

Author Topic: Divine Fuckery: The End is Nigh  (Read 113436 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Fuckery: The weather outside is frightful...
« Reply #825 on: February 10, 2019, 01:37:50 pm »

"Please do not break the Eaters."
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 01:42:40 pm by Egan_BW »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #826 on: February 10, 2019, 01:40:09 pm »

"I'm not breaking them. I'm just giving them a hug! Really, they look quite lonely and hungry. Like me! It sounds to me like they could use a hug, don't you think?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: February 10, 2019, 01:44:22 pm »

"What I think is that you need to not break the Eaters. At least spend some Power on it."

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: February 10, 2019, 01:44:48 pm »

"How about you hug them after the entropy points you made are gone?"
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #829 on: February 10, 2019, 01:49:00 pm »

"What I think is that you need to not break the Eaters. At least spend some Power on it."
"Okay, I'll do that!"

"How about you hug them after the entropy points you made are gone?"
"Ah, but then it would be too late for the mortals. Far too late for then, anyway."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: February 10, 2019, 03:04:27 pm »

"Hey now, Sucker, I'm trying to keep these mortals going. We got this. I may come with if the universe keeps decaying though."

Action Edited.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 03:06:22 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #831 on: February 17, 2019, 01:29:23 pm »

"...I must accept this."

"...Yes, there is no turning back now."

As the mechserpents are in stasis, cannibalize their bodies to expand my mechanical halo and consume their souls.
Then move on to the "blood cult." Consume them whole, soul and body.
Do the same to the necromancers.

Sing Sucker out with all the sarcasm I can summon.

Spoiler: Anaconda (click to show/hide)
[2]
Anaconda, flung to the edge of the known universe, attempts to get back and eat the world but gets lost on the way.

Spawn as a random mortal baby born somewhere within the universe.
Make the most of my first decade as a mischievous, manipulative little brat.

[3]
You are born comatose due to the entropy crisis. You survive, but spend your first 10 years drifting in and out of consciousness.

Lilith notes the fact that the power drain has stopped, and assumes the gods on the outside have done their task, or at least started to. With this in mind, she spends a decade simply wandering through the Sanctuary and doing her best to re-invigorate the life of the forest without using any divine power.

Name: Lilith
God Level: Minor
Power: 2
Spheres: Life and Nature
Description: An entity born from the fertile flesh of Akahet's more hospitable areas, Lilith is a collection of plant matter that has molded itself into the shape of a humanoid.
[4]
Lilith does her best to keep the sanctuary intact and manages to keep it from degrading any further, at least.

1 power. Using a combination of available sould and divine might, mend the hole in reality. Should the decaying universe consume Akahet entirely along with the underworld and oozeworld, join Sucker in the portal if it seems safeish."

"What now?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[4+1]
Manor's power isn't great enough to fix the hole in reality, but he manages to halt its spread towards Akahet for the time being, holding it back personally.

That whole ending a drought with a rain of ebola blood analogy seems fitting for our current situation.

Move the Eaters of Cold to the other entropy points quicker to speed up the process.

"Both of you have done nothing to help this situation. Sucker, you're a pessimistic idiot. Ep, you're wasting your time. The entropy point problem is quickly being solved by the Eaters of Cold. The best way you can help would be to speed up the process or directly close some entropy points yourself, and then we can deal with the hole in reality."

[6] Credst shuttles the eaters of cold around via hucking them across space. it seems to work well enough.

"Both of you have done nothing to help this situation. Sucker, you're a pessimistic idiot. Ep, you're wasting your time. The entropy point problem is quickly being solved by the Eaters of Cold. The best way you can help would be to speed up the process or directly close some entropy points yourself, and then we can deal with the hole in reality."

"You're right. I'll see what I can do about the entropy points without his power, then."

*Action moved to this post.

Spend 3 power on disposing of entropy points, maybe by dumping them in the hole.

Oh, wait, I forgot I can't actually do that anymore.

Donate 3 power to the Eaters of Cold's efforts. If Sucker attacks me, wager 1 power.

Spoiler: Ep (click to show/hide)
Ep donates 3 power to the eaters of cold.

"What? Wait, really? But I made a cool speech and Anaconda even got some music for me and everything. How often does a god get to do that? I mean, I don't have a very large dataset but I'm guessing it's not very often. Like, really, after all this drama you're making me look like a fool. Oh well. Guess I can't complain for a bit of extra life. I suppose I'll find something to kill to cheer myself up."

1 Power: Jump into an Eater of Cold and boost my entropy powers to maximum. Since I produce entropy and they eat entropy, then this should result in a flow with net positive energy I should be able to absorb. Then use that power to create a portal to another world that isn't so fucked up (cross fingers for no Lurker).

Then I can hopefully immigrate and retire there and spend the rest of my days challenging mortals in a game of chess or something. Of course, any mortals or gods that want to follow me are welcome.

[5][5]
Sucker leaps into the....well its sort of a mouth...of an eater of cold and promptly begins producing as much entropy as he can. The eater does what it does best and converts that entropy into energy at a rather staggering rate. Sucker absorbs the power generated, gaining 20 power quite quickly. The Eaters multiply as he does this, and  immediately go off to eat more entropy points. 

Sucker, thus empowered, moves a bit away from the hole in reality and opens a portal to some other realm. He has no idea what realm or what it is like, but there is now a stable portal to it.

Power begins to flow back into the universe as the eaters of cold devour most of the points of entropy. Realms unfreeze and their populations begin to grow and become more active.  The mechaserpents, Enal and his science vessel, and the spider dreadnought all fall into the black hole and chunks of the Oozeworld start to get pulled in as well.  The hole in reality swallows up Borkle and his ship and continues to grow. The races of Alkahet, now more awake, begin to fear for their existence.

Power:
Full power to all remaining gods. The end of the universe is upon us.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #832 on: February 17, 2019, 01:33:26 pm »

((There. Problem solved. :P))

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: February 17, 2019, 01:34:13 pm »

Does full power mean we all have maximum power now, or does it mean power generation is back to normal?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Fuckery: Atheism
« Reply #834 on: February 17, 2019, 01:37:22 pm »

Spoiler: Logic (click to show/hide)
He blinked. He had gone f***ing EXTRADIMENSIONAL.
It was interesting inside a black hole. Time was just GONE, and he could see all that had been, all that could be.
Oh hey, that was where the God Machine had went. Cool.
Wait, was the hole in reality growing?
Hm.
That was no good. Anaconda could die off, too! Black holes were common in universes, but a hole in reality was illogical, and would tear things apart.
Spend all power to drive my Black Hole Science Ship, newly christened "Screw Logic," into the Hole in Reality, to try to close reality around me.
WE'RE GOING ELDRICH, FOLKS
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 05:59:29 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Fuckery: The End is Nigh
« Reply #835 on: February 17, 2019, 02:08:31 pm »

((So, am I just dead, or are we floating around in Unreality? I hope the latter, because then I’ve become the Legion of the Damned))

If not dead, spend 6 power flying around trying to find someway to renter real space along with my Boys, even if just temporarily. I WILL find a way to the Fight at the End of the Universe dammit!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 04:52:53 pm by LordPorkins »
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Fuckery: The Century Cometh.
« Reply #836 on: February 17, 2019, 08:20:09 pm »

10 Power. Move Akahet, Anaconda, and the rest through the portal to a new realm. Also aid Borkle in escape should they want. Shield each lf us, as well as Akahet, as we go through.

Edit: If I am still a minor god, use 9 power.

"Through the portal!"

« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 10:19:48 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: February 17, 2019, 08:28:03 pm »

Using 3 power, Lilith removes her Sanctuary from Akahet itself, sliding the protected forest out of the surface of the world and into space, preventing it from being pulled into the portal by Manor.

(Just call me Theresa May, because Sanctuary is brexit'ing Akahet. Especially true because I have no plan for what comes after this.)

Actually ya know what going through that portal seems like the ideal solution. Lilith still spends 3 power to detach her realm, but allows Manor to pull it into the portal. If he fails, she attempts to do it herself.

Spoiler: Lilith (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 05:25:26 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: February 17, 2019, 09:21:11 pm »

Is the OP correct that I'm a minor god again?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: February 17, 2019, 10:20:00 pm »

Action edited assuming major godhood.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58