Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926559 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3885 on: April 02, 2014, 09:08:15 am »

Funny you should mention Dawn of War as I was just looking at a mod called "Ultimate Apocalypse". Now, I assume it requires Soul Storm simply because it has dark Eldar and Sisters of Battle mentioned, but it apparently adds things like titans, large gun emplacements and various other changes to the base game.

I can't say anything as to the completeness of the mod, I believe they've just released a new update so people are rather excited and I can't find a more... analytical viewpoint from my brief reading. People tend to be either "It's awesome!" or "It sucks" with no middle ground.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: April 02, 2014, 09:21:06 am »

"It sucks awesomely" works for you? :P
It's a good mod, however you need a monster machine to play it fine. At least in my experience.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: April 02, 2014, 02:30:32 pm »

I do remember playing one mod for Dark Crusade called Firestorm over Kronus.    I didn't play much of it, due to the massive dump of new stuff overwhelming me (They had somewhere around 20 Leman Russ tank variants you could build).   However, it did increase the scale a lot, and required you to have transports nearby to add new squad members.   It also had things like the order system, and headquarter squads for companies and platoon levels, specializing your army into infantry, armor, or combined, and a bunch of other stuff.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: April 02, 2014, 02:42:54 pm »

I played a lot of that too and even re-enabled the campaign to play with it.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: April 02, 2014, 04:49:22 pm »

More than a pure Civ game it would be sort of a combination of Civ with Total War and Company of Heroes/Dawn of War.

I imagine it like a Civilization kind of map dotted with the best aspects of Total War campaign map, with real time battles that are a mix of Total War and Company of Heroes for latter ages. And everything highly customizable, both in-game and by modding it.
Yeah, I think we were thinking of completely different games here. But that's okay.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: April 02, 2014, 05:53:10 pm »

IF you want mods for a better DOW, Ultimate Apocalypse is #1 hands down. (and it DOES require soulstorm)

As for wishing, goddamnit I want DOW 3 in an engine closer to MOW then COH. Large scale too.

EDIT: upon reading more posts above: Ultimate Apocalypse is very complete and bug free, though you better, YOU FUCKING BETTER, follow install instructions or it will not work, I say that only because people seem to fuck it up all the time.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 05:55:36 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: April 03, 2014, 05:57:07 am »

PokeModels and the Quest for World Peace

A game in which you, a model tamer, take your stable of models from show to show in order to defeat the judges and obtain that shows piece of World Peace.

Along the way you will face challenges, such as getting the most pristine mineral water to feed your models and covering up that nude shoot Chelsea did when she was just starting out.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: April 03, 2014, 07:35:14 am »

why would contest judges be holding pieces of World Peace?

... and why wouldn't governments do something about that?

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [s]Games[/s] OSTs you wish existed
« Reply #3893 on: April 03, 2014, 08:11:03 am »

Why is there no Killer Instinct OST available. I know not all the characters and themes are in yet but Mick Gordon is just too good.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: April 03, 2014, 08:18:17 am »

Its a joke about how models in pageants always list their wish/goal as "World Peace"
So obviously the way to do that is by winning lots of beauty contests :P

Indeed, I do this.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: April 03, 2014, 09:27:45 am »

Its a joke about how models in pageants always list their wish/goal as "World Peace"
So obviously the way to do that is by winning lots of beauty contests :P

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh... I don't get it, do you watch beauty pageants? Are those still a thing? I'm bad at that kind of thing. :I

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: April 03, 2014, 06:24:51 pm »

My sister participated in a beauty pageant. They're pretty dumb. Plus those girls spend all that time and effort to get a crack at a shitty little scholarship, when you could get that much money successfully robbing one random person or doing one honest weeks' work.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: April 03, 2014, 11:07:09 pm »

I'd like to see a game of the Russian Revolution, in the vein of HOI or other Paradox games, with the ability to play as any faction and take over as Ukrainian anarchists or something. Being able to take it up to WWII or further would be cool too, but that's probably unrealistic.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: April 03, 2014, 11:15:01 pm »

I'd like to see a game of the Russian Revolution, in the vein of HOI or other Paradox games, with the ability to play as any faction and take over as Ukrainian anarchists or something. Being able to take it up to WWII or further would be cool too, but that's probably unrealistic.

Paradox specifically avoided that era because they didn't want to become "Atrocity Simulator 2000"

Indeed, I do this.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: April 03, 2014, 11:21:14 pm »

That's true, it'd be difficult to balance gameplay with reality in a respectful way, and I'd say the tone Paradox uses in most of their games is too lighthearted for it, even in something like HOI.
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 577