Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Collapse: An RTD with Blades, Bows, Bandits, and Beasts!  (Read 17101 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Collapse: An RTD with Blades, Bows, Bandits, and Beasts!
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2017, 04:06:12 pm »

Bernard leans against a wall, eyeing the skeletons suspiciously, crossbow held loosely in one hand.

"And a good day to you too, nearly gave me a heart attack with the skeletons. They're kind of cute though, in an klutzy and bony kind of way.

Name's Bernard, but call me Sarge. That there's Lance. We're from the Kathaan Constabulary, insofar that even still exists. Would you mind terribly if we met face-to-face? I'm not entirely confortable talking to thin air while the hollow-eyesocketsquad is staring at me.

Also, I don't suppose any civilians tried to take shelter here during the shitstorm that went on above?"

Say above, go meet the necromancer if he agrees to speak face-to-face.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2017, 07:55:21 pm »

Guys, should I do update music? The idea intrigues me.

"A good match indeed, Cassandra. My name is Vothaeth, and my elven friend's name is Wynnter. What sort of jobs would you suggest for two new recruits?"

Find a job for Vothaeth and Wynnter to do that helps the Raiders.

"I think I have just the job. In the Platinum District, a handful of merchants live in a rather resplendent bunker, with armed guards. The only reason that the merchants lived and others died is because the merchants had money, and bought their own private little estate, shielded from the death that surrounds them. Long story short, we're about to go kill a bunch of rich pigs no better than murderers. You in or you out? If you wanna join, I advise gearing up."

You ponder whether you should take the job.

(NOTE: This wasn't your turn, it was just dialogue. Your turn will either be raiding the merchants or doing whatever you want to do that's not raiding the merchants.)

There. I know, inventive backgrounds and descriptions, but i'm 1/4 awake right now, I only just got up.
Changed weapon.

Splendid. If Gwolfski does not enter within 48 hours, I will inform roseheart and let them decide what to do.

((damn it, i meant to go west))

Rest, then double back and go West. I'm trying to get the the blue spot in the Pewter district

On a hunch, you return West. Since you're traveling downhill this time, you make more progress West than you did, getting to the Western border of the Arsenic District. You gaze at the Pewter District's crumbled buildings. Suddenly you find yourself smiling. It isn't a happy smile - on the contrary, it's laced with sadness. A chill runs down your spine as you trek further into the ruins.

Bernard leans against a wall, eyeing the skeletons suspiciously, crossbow held loosely in one hand.

"And a good day to you too, nearly gave me a heart attack with the skeletons. They're kind of cute though, in an klutzy and bony kind of way.

Name's Bernard, but call me Sarge. That there's Lance. We're from the Kathaan Constabulary, insofar that even still exists. Would you mind terribly if we met face-to-face? I'm not entirely confortable talking to thin air while the hollow-eyesocketsquad is staring at me.

Also, I don't suppose any civilians tried to take shelter here during the shitstorm that went on above?"

Say above, go meet the necromancer if he agrees to speak face-to-face.

Of course, how rude of me. My thralls will show you the way.

One of the skeletons steps out of the horde, and starts walking deep into the catacombs. You're starting to get a bit edgy, but you sigh with relief as the skeleton finally stops at a door and knocks. The skeleton's hand falls off, and it sheepishly picks it up as the door opens. A man clad in white robes sits on a wooden chair. The huge room that he calls home is filled with luminescent fungi and the like, which are being harvested by a number of mummified corpses. The man himself is a bit shorter than average, with surprisingly tan skin considering that he lives away from sunlight.

"Welcome to my humble abode!" exclaims the man, ushering you and Lance into a pair of creaky wooden chairs. He offers you some tea, but you politely decline when you see that it's neon green.

"You asked about the corpses strewn about the temple veranda earlier, yes? It was quite sad to behold, indeed. A horde of savage brutes came in, kidnapping and murdering with glee. I, of course, sent my undead companions to protect them, but the already scared people were only more terrified when a horde of skeletons poured out of the catacombs. I drove off the savages in the end, but it was already too late for anyone who hadn't fled. Except one person, that is."

The necromancer calls something inaudible to the back of the cavern. A young boy emerges from a nearby tunnel, two skeletons trailing him. You instantly recognize him as Roland, a child who lived in your old patrol zone.

"Officer Smiles!" shouts the boy, running over to you.

You always liked the child. Your first day on patrol, most passersby ignored you, and even spurned you. One man even tried ordering you around like a servant (of course, you showed him that you were no servant). Most officers of your rank were ex-criminals, and were often sent for "redisposing" if the neighbourhood didn't like them. Little Roland, however, walked right up to you and said hi. You grunted gruffly in reply, and waved the child away. He stayed, however, and that's when you first started liking him. Soon, you realized that he was just like you when you were younger - brash, headstrong, but a born leader if you ever saw one. You wanted him to succeed, and not make the same mistakes you made as a child. When his parents died in a tragic construction accident, you offered to take him in, but police weren't allowed to have children due to the high risk asset of their job, and the adoption loophole was "remedied" over twenty years ago. Roland moved away, and that was the last you saw of him.

"Roland, it's been quite a while!" you look at him, and memories of a past life hit you harder than a hammer.

Melecrus chuckles, watching your reunion.

"It seems that you two know each other! Anyways, as I was saying, young Roland was among those at the temple massacre, and he slipped into the catacombs. He promptly found me, and without hesitation asked if I could teach him to be a necromancer. He's quite talented as it is, and he's only been learning for what, two months?"

Roland beams at the praise.

"Yeah, Officer Smiles," he says. "I'm learning magic! How cool is that!"

You personally have nothing against necromancy - after all, it's not like the corpses mind it. You've seen enough war to know that once someone's in the ground, they aren't going elsewhere.

"I've gotta admit, kid, that's quite the feat."
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 10:08:21 pm by Rethi-Eli »
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2017, 09:50:51 pm »

Continue west, keeping low and quiet.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2017, 11:05:22 pm »

"Hmph. Couldn't they have saved at least some other people with all that money?"

Raid.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2017, 02:05:20 pm »

Hi, I'd like to participate !

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 05:41:13 pm by Legendary Marksdorf »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2017, 02:37:40 pm »

Hi, I'd like to participate !

Err... Sure, why the hell not! Welcome aboard, Xiong Quan! I'm just warning you that you'll be at a huge disadvantage if you really want to follow through with the War Monk thing, but it's your choice.

When the Western Capital fell, you were on a holy pilgrimage to the Grand Shrine of Gun Dao, the patriarch of battle and honor. The others of your sect wanted you to stay at Geishua, your mountain shrine, but you went against their advice. Could this be a sign from the gods? But it is of no matter now. You are in the Tantalum District, and you're weary from travel. You must leave this accursed place.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2017, 02:46:26 pm »

Travel southeast, towards the copper district. Make as little noise as possible, as to not attract any unwanted attention.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 05:55:11 am by Legendary Marksdorf »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2017, 02:57:18 pm »

"So, Melecrus , can I ask what your plan is to survive this situation we find ourselves in? I'd venture a guess and say that you'll ride out the storm in here. It's pretty cozy after all. What about the kid, does he have everything he needs?"

Sarge asks, ruffling the boy's hair absent-mindedly with one hand.

Converse

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2017, 12:49:06 am »

"Hmph. Couldn't they have saved at least some other people with all that money?"

Raid.

You and Wynnter follow Cassandra to a barracks, where a number of other Raiders are gathered. You see Osric standing next to the brown-haired youth who visited you while you were incarcerated. The two of them are giving a rousing speech, which you only catch the ending of.

"...there's easily enough room in their damned bunker to save two hundred people, and yet it's only the twelve of them and their guards! This is an outrage! Go forth and bring swift retribution upon those who think themselves safe!"

Cheers erupt from the crowd, and you follow them to the gates of the hold. You exit, and start marching with the rest of the Raiders in... some direction. You think. You can barely make out anything, as you're surrounded by human Raiders who block your view. You follow them until you hear Osric shout.

"Halt!"

You stop, and step away from the group with some difficulty. A huge boulder sits next to a hillock, no doubt covering some secret entrance. Osric, in a display of extreme strength, pushes the boulder aside, revealing a wooden door. He easily kicks it down, and you run inside.

Combat log

You strike a bunker guard in the head!
You strike a bunker guard in the left arm, but the blow is glancing and has little effect!
A bunker guard stabs you in the left arm with his halberd! The blow is indirect, but it causes you to fumble your longsword!
A bunker guard stabs you in the chest with his halberd! -4 hp
A bunker guard lunges at you, but misses! He careens into a wall! (critical fail)
You pick up your sword.
A bunker guard fires and arrow at you! The arrow hits you in the right shoulder! -2 hp
You strike a bunker guard in the head! The bunker guard dies!
You strike a bunker guard in the chest, but your blow is deflected by his armor!
You strike at a bunker guard, but miss!
A bunker guard fires an arrow at you, but misses!
A Raider strikes down a bunker guard who was about to attack you!
A bunker guard slams into you, knocking you down!
A bunker guard strikes you with his sword! -3 hp
A bunker guard kicks Wynnter in the throat! -1 hp (Wynnter)
You stand up.
A Raider strikes down the last of the bunker guards in this room, and you proceed to the next.

You loot a corpse. The Raiders are swift to take the guard's weapons, but you manage to find a few useful things nonetheless.
You get

Agate ring
Copper pike (2h spear) - 3 attack power, 2 reach
Copper greaves - 0.5 defense
Copper drachma x 7

You move on into the next room. Cassandra, Osric, and a few other Raiders are already locked in combat.

Combat log

An elite bunker guard picks you up and hurls you at Wynnter, knocking you both down!
You stand up.
An elite bunker guard kicks you in the shin! -1 hp
An elite bunker guard stabs you with his dagger! -3 hp
An elite bunker guard charges you! You dodge, and the guard stumbles past you!
You slash an elite bunker guard in the hand with your bronze longsword, causing him to drop his pike!
An elite bunker guard charges you! The two of you go down in a tangle of limbs. -1 hp
Wynnter pulls the elite bunker guard off of you!
You stab an elite bunker guard in the chest, killing him! (critical hit)
The last bunker guards yield!

You move into the last room. Three fat men, hands adorned with rings, are cowering behind a lavish couch. Osric picks one up by the throat, lifting the heavy man as if he was a feather.

"This is ours now."

You get

Silver drachma x 2
Copper drachma x 12
Gold ring
Silver necklace
Ornate copper knife (1h dagger) - 1 attack power
Ornate tin gauntlets - 0.5 defense

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2017, 03:58:39 am »

Right. So i'm supposed to post this here.

Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2017, 09:54:02 am »

Follow the Raiders back to the camp.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2017, 05:09:03 pm »

Attention Forum Runner Contestants!

Quote from: Collapse Game Master

Your turns will move with rapidity, and on a separate time frame. You are both currently stranded in a barrow, haunted with malignant undead creatures - you can work together to ensure mutual survival, or try to stab your buddy. Of course, that will probably just get you stabbed...

Please post your actions for day 1 of the Forum Runner challenge! You have 24 hours!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2017, 07:26:28 pm »

((?. What's this?))

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2017, 08:49:06 pm »

((?. What's this?))

It's part of a forum game that spans multiple forum games. Two guests, TankKit and Gwolfski, are competing to survive as long as possible.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2017, 05:06:03 am »

"This is weird... Oh, hello good sir, I suggest an allianc so that we both get out of this alive, agreed?" He has a very british accent. Try to get an alliance with the dwarf ((Bolded Red is what my actions are.))
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10