Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1193884 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 186 Planar travel and Space exploration
« Reply #6030 on: September 11, 2016, 05:49:20 pm »

PM's come tomorrow.

It seems that the consensus on Blood Power nerf is to ignore END bonuses. It will become active on next turn.

As to mental defense stat, What do you think about POT? I feel it would work IC, as it represents magical power, and could well represent mental fortitude required to wield those powers. OCC it could work as Mental attacks are sort of niche attack, and would also reduce power of following spells/be reduced by spell casting just before, representing mental fatigue.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6031 on: September 11, 2016, 06:20:10 pm »

PM's come tomorrow.

It seems that the consensus on Blood Power nerf is to ignore END bonuses. It will become active on next turn.

As to mental defense stat, What do you think about POT? I feel it would work IC, as it represents magical power, and could well represent mental fortitude required to wield those powers. OCC it could work as Mental attacks are sort of niche attack, and would also reduce power of following spells/be reduced by spell casting just before, representing mental fatigue.
I chose STR because it didn't seem to be used for much and almost everyone was using it as a dump-stat.

Also, Fus Ro Dah, mother-[redacted].

ALSO, I'm currently bleeding, burning, suffocating, and 1 turn away from death. I like those odds.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6032 on: September 11, 2016, 06:31:22 pm »

PM's come tomorrow.

I chose STR because it didn't seem to be used for much and almost everyone was using it as a dump-stat.

ALSO, I'm currently bleeding, burning, suffocating, and 1 turn away from death. I like those odds.

Actually... *rolls* Lucky you, all the pain you are feeling is keeping you conscious even though you are going blue from lack of air by now. Not that it can be seen under all the blood and burns.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: September 11, 2016, 06:39:40 pm »

PM's come tomorrow.

Actually... *rolls* Lucky you, all the pain you are feeling is keeping you conscious even though you are going blue from lack of air by now. Not that it can be seen under all the blood and burns.
Hooray!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: September 11, 2016, 06:46:34 pm »

Check the cultists for soul shards, double check the leader. Hope that the thing they were trying to do wasn't finished.

((As for mental defense, POT sounds good.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6035 on: September 11, 2016, 07:32:33 pm »

Travel into the tower. Same travelling arrangements I think.
2 essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6036 on: September 11, 2016, 07:32:50 pm »

Chorkinaan grumbled as he walked. He felt left out, disappointed in a way which was impossible to ignore. Not 300 meters away was the most intense magical battle he had seen in minutes, but to take part would be to forsake the wonderous impossible science in which he was about to indulge. Besides concentration on his own magical essences, one thought raged powerfully through Chorkinaan's mind:

(God damn it, why do all the cool people have to be in the pacifistic guild?)

Keep helping Surg along to the tower. Three essences.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #6037 on: September 11, 2016, 08:06:11 pm »

2 essences, move along.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6038 on: September 11, 2016, 08:42:53 pm »

"well you're already on fire, so this probably won't hurt too much."

Pick up Jackson and fly him to the tower, once hes inside the regeneration field, put him down and fly back to the fight, fire breath on Easter if I have time
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6039 on: September 12, 2016, 12:41:42 am »

"No, master of birds, you may not do that. I claim his soul."

If anyone attacks me, then shatter my power staff holding all the ritual power.
Otherwise claim Jackson's soul. By grabbing tight hold of him so he can't be carried away and crushing his head.
And get out of the way of fire.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 03:16:22 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6040 on: September 12, 2016, 05:23:01 am »

(God damn it, why do all the cool people have to be in the pacifistic guild?)
((I'm not actually opposed to raising the the death counter of characters aligned with "evil". On the other hand it really would be nice to have that cmp bonus to make healing Surg easier.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6041 on: September 12, 2016, 08:08:28 am »

Three essences.

Try to figure out why I felt like I was being watched.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6042 on: September 12, 2016, 08:45:50 am »

((I don't see any reason why a healing punch would work, but Damond does have a "healing" punch... admittedly it's extremely dangerous, but it should work... oh wait. I have a much better idea.))

Damond, Puncher of the Impossible:

"DRUID! PREPARE TO DIE!"

FIST. Sending PM. Use GBM plus the chaotic essence. For even smaller odds. After all, we're in Discworld, so million-to-one chances should be almost guaranteed!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 08:48:22 am by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6043 on: September 12, 2016, 11:47:47 am »

((If Jackson dies from his wounds, does anyone recieve his shards?))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6044 on: September 12, 2016, 11:51:11 am »

((If Jackson dies from his wounds, does anyone recieve his shards?))
((The first one to grab them usually does.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 506