Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Crux Ultimum - The Inquisition Wants YOU! (Turn 10, page 9)  (Read 15852 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Crux Ultimum - Standby (Turn 1, page 2)
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2015, 03:59:45 am »

Sheet. Too late?
Name:Ryan Fardes
Appearance/Preferred dress: Brown jacket and dark, long pants.
Interests: Talking, science and jobs.
Focuses:
Diplomacy: 5
Martial: 1
Stewardship: 3
Intirigue: 4 (Plotting)/2 (Deception)
Learning: 3
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2015, 04:20:46 am »

Sheet. Too late?
Name:Ryan Fardes
Appearance/Preferred dress: Brown jacket and dark, long pants.
Interests: Talking, science and jobs.
Focuses:
Diplomacy: 5
Martial: 1
Stewardship: 3
Intirigue: 4 (Plotting)/2 (Deception)
Learning: 3

((Waitlisted))

((How come I can't harness the power of luck for my actions? Or can, but I just don't know how much I have at my disposal?))

((You can. You just have to specify that you are using your luck for a roll instead of the random tick. If you don't specify, then the amount rolled will be equal to the standard Luck tick you get when you do an action.

In other words, it's like playing a regular RtD.

If the Luck system is too confusing I may just change it to "you get +1 Luck per turn and can spend 3 Luck to get a +1 to your roll," or something like that. That would be more straightforward.))

Set lock on well-illuminated dirt step. Get candle.

"Wait Desiccatus, come here. Sit on the step."

When he does so, the padlock begins to heat up.

"Now, Rob. Use 'grow/on touch/blast' to increase the heat of the padlock. Then everyone, quickly back off."

Light candle with increased heat of padlock. Then, with the source of light, search again for useful stuff.

((I'm really surprised your character is such an expert on other people's magic. Sure he might know they can perform it, but the Words they have? I mean, you can teach Words to each other, but there's nothing to suggest it's been taught to you before.

I'm willing to let it slide here, but please don't metagame in the future.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2015, 10:01:56 am »

((How come I can't harness the power of luck for my actions? Or can, but I just don't know how much I have at my disposal?))

((You can. You just have to specify that you are using your luck for a roll instead of the random tick. If you don't specify, then the amount rolled will be equal to the standard Luck tick you get when you do an action.

In other words, it's like playing a regular RtD.

If the Luck system is too confusing I may just change it to "you get +1 Luck per turn and can spend 3 Luck to get a +1 to your roll," or something like that. That would be more straightforward.))

"Now, Rob. Use 'grow/on touch/blast' to increase the heat of the padlock. Then everyone, quickly back off."

Light candle with increased heat of padlock. Then, with the source of light, search again for useful stuff.

((I'm really surprised your character is such an expert on other people's magic. Sure he might know they can perform it, but the Words they have? I mean, you can teach Words to each other, but there's nothing to suggest it's been taught to you before.

I'm willing to let it slide here, but please don't metagame in the future.))

Oh, I thought good comrades share that sort of info.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2015, 02:09:18 pm »

Oh, I thought good comrades share that sort of info.

((The issue is that the words are in an ancient language and not only are they hard to pronounce, but when you say them they activate regardless of whether or not you wanted to try them.))

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2015, 03:30:06 pm »

Takes a bottle of alcohol and pages from a book to construct Molotov.

It wouldn't be as effective as using oil or petrol but if thrown into someone it would be quite unpleasant for them.

Sets Molotov on table for use from someone else.

"I don't have an easy way to light this, and it would be unsightly for a prince."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2015, 11:23:46 pm »

Look outside for the cause of the animal noise.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2015, 08:45:33 pm »

I best investigate the source of the slurping.

Investigate the slurping noise while keeping stealth.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2015, 11:35:45 pm »

I guess I'm on my own.
Look for lighting device in bar above [5].
Then light candle, and do a proper search of basement for useful materials [5].

((If I don't have enough luck, I will take 1 out of basement searching, then 1 out of bar searching, then 1 one of basement searching, etc., up until the point it would bring basement searching to 3, at which point I would just roll for the basement searching.))
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Turn 1
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2015, 04:30:28 am »

((Tell me if I mis-interpreted an action. It's late.))

Look outside for the cause of the animal noise.

[1] Animal noise? You don't recall hearing one. But you seem to have identified the source of the thudding. Out in the field, about ten meters from the doorway to the outside of the building, there is a giant pair of legs stomping along. That's right, a pair of zombie legs wrapped in bandages.
At first you'd think it wouldn't see you. It has no eyes after all--it must be a thrall of some necromancer, right? But it actually seems both autonomous and capable of omnidirectional sight, as it turns and starts walking at you immediately. Its walking speed is about the same as your running speed, although you doubt it can run without arms to balance itself.

You are at the building's entrance, which overlooks a field of rubble and destroyed buildings (the present location of Legs). On the other side is a slightly-more-intact street littered with still-standing walls and one abandoned building just ten meters away. It looks like a doctor's office.

Rob Grey, AKA Spiderking50
Luck: 6/12
Traits:
Master of Tomes: You are able to find Words hidden in any book, so long as you roll successfully
Master of Battle: If you change a character's physical status this turn, get +2 Luck. If you don't, lose 1 Luck.
Spoiler: Dictionary (5 words) (click to show/hide)

Light candle with increased heat of padlock. Then, with the source of light, search again for useful stuff. [Roll:6]
I guess I'm on my own.
Look for lighting device in bar above [5].
Then light candle, and do a proper search of basement for useful materials [5].

((If I don't have enough luck, I will take 1 out of basement searching, then 1 out of bar searching, then 1 one of basement searching, etc., up until the point it would bring basement searching to 3, at which point I would just roll for the basement searching.))

Rob seems uncooperative. He just runs out the door to get himself killed. Desiccatus sits on the lock still, and it seems the lock is still imbued with the power of being isolated from everything. The lock turns shakes violently and turns red hot--[5] while Desiccatus is still sitting on it. You now have a red-hot lock on the step and (1~his defense roll) a lock-shaped burn on Desiccatus' posterior.

[5] Holding the candle to the red-hot lock ignites it, granting you vision. You proceed down the stairway and do a comprehensive sweep of the available supplies:
-Lots of wine. In fact, the mud is actually wine-mud. There seems to be a stream of wine pouring down from one of the walls. Aside from the wine on the floor, there are hundreds of bottles in here.
-Lots of moldy bread.
-Two dusty tomes. The first one is called Mysteries of our World: A New Perspective on Becoming One with Yourself, and the other is a Morse code instruction manual.
-Plenty of crates and wooden racks that can be dismantled or used as-is
-A locked chest, but no key. You looked. It's either buried under mud, or nowhere to be found.

Gained [5] luck from first action, [6] from second.

Jasper Jones, AKA Tomasque
Luck: 7/12
Traits:
The Art of War: Once a turn, you can make a single allied attack Piercing lvl 3 (ignores any modifiers by worn armor or magic, up to 3), but not your own
The War Machine: +1 to upgrade rolls
The Gift of Silence: The NPC you are persuading gets a +1 to his die
Inventory:
Lit Candle
[/quote]

Desiccatus scowls. "I'm not a tool for you to use." Nevertheless, he helps the man, knowing that it will serve a purpose.

Help Jasper, then do my original action.
Pleased with his work, Dessicatus plots a backup in case the paladins are routed. "Come help me block the door," he asks to his teammates.

Move something big and heavy, like the piano, to block the entrance.

[Defense: 1] Jasper's request gave you a burn on your rear end--that bastard. [4] Despite the pain, you are still able to push the piano in front of the doorway, trapping Rob outside. Oh well, he can jump in through the window, or perhaps crawl awkwardly under.
((You get Luck for defending as well))

Desiccatus Morbid, AKA Cheesecake
Traits:
Elusive: When an NPC has never seen you, his Alertness to you is reduced by 1
Creative: Performing an action using medical equipment gives +2 Luck
Reclusive: Actions targeting other people cost 2 Luck, unless *ahem* something else is speaking for you (money, a knife, etc.)
Spoiler: Dictionary (5 words) (click to show/hide)
4 Entropy: Nearby metal objects will heat up if you stay close
Burnt Bottom: An awkward injury. Dodging attacks will cost 1 Luck, but you'll only dodge if necessary to avoid damage

Takes a bottle of alcohol and pages from a book to construct Molotov.

It wouldn't be as effective as using oil or petrol but if thrown into someone it would be quite unpleasant for them.

Sets Molotov on table for use from someone else.

"I don't have an easy way to light this, and it would be unsightly for a prince."

[4] You yank a bottle off the counter and stuff it full of some sheets. Not exactly a good weapon but it'll do.

Gained Mellowtov

Judging from a yelp back at the cellar door, coupled with a sizzling noise, you've found some heat.
Desiccatus walks past you with a large black burn on the bottom of his pants. He shoves the piano you were playing in the way of the door, blocking it.

Raioyris Carolean, AKA Wunderkatze
Traits:
Princely Wisdom: Gain 1 Luck at the end of each turn if you have less than 6 Luck
Prodigial Son: Each item you buy or sell costs 1 Luck
Inventory:
Estoc: Sharp and good for stabbing, but lacks a cutting edge.
Mellowtov: Like a molotov, but more mellow. The alcohol won't damage stuff directly, but it can ignite other flammable objects.

I best investigate the source of the slurping.

Investigate the slurping noise while keeping stealth.

The slurping is coming not from a pair of animals (well, that's a technicality), but from a tall, yet stout stranger wearing a deep blue coat and an amulet of red onyx. He has a wine barrel in hand, and his face is soaked in purple drink.

You stand behind the pub, which was on the opposite side of an empty and desolate street lined with ruins. There is a doctor's office just down the street, and there are many buildings which can hide you from the enemy--or the enemy from you.

Current cost of maintaining stealth: 1(-1) = 0

Varl Kantor, AKA HighEndNoob
Luck: 5/12
Traits:
xDreadcloakx: -1 Luck cost per turn for staying hidden
xDarkbladex: All stealth attack targets (including Cautious ones) roll a 1 for defense
xJokerx: Lose 2 Luck whenever you are attacked
xSinisterx: Bartering NPC's get a +1 to their dice rolls

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Crux Ultimum - Standby (Turn 2, page 3)
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2015, 04:39:27 am »

"Damn.... I hope you found what you were looking for, plebe." Desiccatus' thoughts drift to the man outside. Perhaps it was a bit too cruel to keep him locked out.

Look out the window, see if Rob's fine.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2015, 10:32:58 am »

Run past it towards the doctors office. As I run past it I place my hand on its left leg and cast "grow/endless/touch/blast" to make one of its legs much longer than the other. I want to get a 4 on this using luck points. I am still unsure how this works, but I think I'm figuring it out.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2015, 12:25:02 pm »

"Don't worry, Dessicatus, some wine will ease the pain."

Take books to stairs. Browse through using sunlight, not candle light.
Keep Morse code book set other on table for someone else to use.
Search through crates and racks for key or otherwise [4].
Unlock/Break the lock, then look inside. (Use 6 Luck for finding good stuff inside)
Upgrade Ray's mellowtov into molotov.

((I believe he set it on the table.))
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 01:21:33 pm by Tomasque »
Money!

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2015, 09:16:27 pm »

Folds arms and dons a annoyed (but very slightly amused) face at the disorderly and unorganized action.

"You shouldn't treat such a fine instrument in such a crude fashion."

Begins making more pseudo-Molotovs with available equipment.

"Jones I'll need your help if you ever can spare the time, I have a feeling we'll need a lot more gear than a single Molotov."

Takes upgraded (or potentially so) Mellowtov.

"Also I think I'll manage the Molotovs, I've become convinced that this entire ordeal is going to be unsightly for me no matter what I do."

((I doubt a prince would "yank a bottle off the counter," yanking is very undignified.))
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 09:24:53 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2015, 09:37:02 pm »

"So what should I do with the molotovs?"
((And should it be this turn, or the next? I already put down quite a few actions, I don't want to push my luck.))
Money!

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2015, 10:07:30 pm »

I best not stray too far, seeing I'm unarmed.

Watch the stranger for any movement.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10