Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 749 750 [751] 752 753 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1082354 times)

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #11250 on: September 05, 2014, 05:37:44 pm »

Mattherson Emerald will win, Mattherson Emerald always wins. But ya know, good luck and stuff.

Edit: I'd like to point out that Connery stands a decent chance this time as DA, AC, and TIW won't be attending. Also, AOD and PHX (total shitfits) are in.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 11:24:20 pm by MasterFancyPants »
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11251 on: September 05, 2014, 06:48:53 pm »

Ah... What side do I root for? I play both coasts...
(Because east cost was down when I started playing)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11252 on: September 06, 2014, 07:01:00 pm »

It turns out that the East Coast is, in fact, the best coast.

Good game, Emerald.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11253 on: September 07, 2014, 01:50:41 am »

I think I just had my new favorite death. Was pelting away at a horde of guys outside the sunderer with my PPA, while it's basilisk was returning fire. I bailed from my Harasser at the last moment, and it teleported me high into the air. I fell to my death. A second after dying, I earned enough kill assists to get a new implant: Safe Landing I.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11254 on: September 13, 2014, 04:48:35 pm »

I aurax'd my Cyclone a few days ago, my second aurax so far. I'm happy with it. One thing you do need to be aware of is that if your aim isn't exceptionally good, it can't really compete with the Blitz - 25 vs 50 rounds is harsh. You'll end up having to get extended mags to reasonable damage/clip instead of the advanced laser, while the blitz has no such issue. End result is a less accurate SMG with 15 less rounds per mag in trade for a microscopically quicker TTK, a quicker reload, and a bigger punch if you can only land a bullet or two with either SMG.

Cyclone definitely has its merits, but only if you're good enough of an aim that 25/35 rounds is plenty and you don't need the tighter hipfire because of good engagement positioning. Otherwise, Blitz all the way.

With that said, on its own the Cyclone is just fine!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11255 on: September 13, 2014, 05:38:12 pm »

I feel the medals and directives are negatively impacting my performance. As I've already auraxium'd my mid-range weapons I find myself taking my close-range weapons into every fight. Many infantry fights take place at closer ranges, but there's not always a guarantee that you'll be in close combat. That's why I like the NC's default Gauss rifle so much. I can't wait to see how well the auraxium one performs.

Rarely have I found a situation where I would bring out my SMG (I have the Cyclone, the higher damage NC SMG). There have been times where I brought it out on my heavy in a tower or something similar, but I don't play cloaker or light assault enough to warrant their use much. I do like how it has 167 damage as opposed to the 125 damage(lower than most assault rifles!) of most SMGs.
Here's an interesting little thing to look at for those who haven't seen this site yet. Apparently the Cyclone has better damage than the NS-7 until about 38 meters (without SPA, for some reason that site doesn't list it for the NS-7).

Still want a SABR-13 -like gun for the NC, that thing quickly became my favorite TR assault rifle.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11256 on: September 13, 2014, 08:43:57 pm »

You have one... that has 2 round burst and full auto.

I saw that thing tearing us a part the last time I played

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11257 on: September 13, 2014, 09:49:19 pm »

Still want a SABR-13 -like gun for the NC, that thing quickly became my favorite TR assault rifle.

Aren't there already enough accurate NC ARs? A-Tross, Reaper DMR, Gauss Rifle and variants. Sure, they lack the godly accuracy of the SABR-13 but it's not like the NC are lacking in accurate options for any class.

Today there was another Server Smash, this time between Connery and Briggs. Sadly Briggs narrowly took the game by a single last minute base capture. It was a very close, very intense Server Smash.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11258 on: September 13, 2014, 10:59:25 pm »

You have one... that has 2 round burst and full auto.

I saw that thing tearing us a part the last time I played
Name it.
Aren't there already enough accurate NC ARs? A-Tross, Reaper DMR, Gauss Rifle and variants. Sure, they lack the godly accuracy of the SABR-13 but it's not like the NC are lacking in accurate options for any class.
We do, but they aren't the SABR.
First shot recoil on SABR is ridiculously low, which is one of the things that makes it really nice.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11259 on: September 14, 2014, 02:17:19 am »

My favourite things in PS2 as Vanu at the moment are: PPA on a harrasser, and the dual comets.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11260 on: September 14, 2014, 06:54:29 am »

A-tross

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11261 on: September 14, 2014, 10:23:53 am »

Hey guys,

I was thinking of starting up in PS2. Any class/faction tips or recommendations for someone just starting out? :)

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11262 on: September 14, 2014, 11:02:24 am »

Run around with a medic gun, you'll get tons of certs, lots of thanks, and actually help your faction win - maybe

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11263 on: September 14, 2014, 11:26:05 am »

Run around with a medic gun, you'll get tons of certs, lots of thanks, and actually help your faction win - maybe
This but also, be an engineer if you grab a vehicle. You won't have to hope theres someone around to repair your tank if you retreat in time to not get exploded.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11264 on: September 14, 2014, 12:20:11 pm »

Medic or engineer.
Upgrade the healingh this or Repairing thing.
If you are a medic then get the thing that regenerates shields because as a new player you want the income.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.
Pages: 1 ... 749 750 [751] 752 753 ... 826