Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 212336 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Slction
« Reply #840 on: January 31, 2014, 09:28:25 pm »

Play my character right...Hmmm. Interesting. I could go with the scientific method, or I can go with a pseudo D&D (which I never played :I) or an RPG mindset.

"Mr. Badict, if a meteor of such dimensions that it would fill our sky and be easily apparent to the casual onlooker is summoned-what would be the relative strength of the summoner? Or does the answer lie in the container (ie a book) in which the summoning occurs?

If the second question is a yes, why can we not view it at this desired time?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: January 31, 2014, 09:35:59 pm »

And back to shooting others' posts down while I stay safely in the crowd--mentality.
Wow this feels evil. :/
But it is time for payback. :I

Leafsnail
A single point of yours lies in what NQT is not willing to disclose--problem being, if your team (ie Team Evil; whom I am sure at least has the possibility to attack other people in the night due to my power), then who is to say that you haven't lied about this groupchat, and are able to take advantage of flailing town?

Addressing the concept as a whole-I doubt that in a bastard game there wouldn't be a distinction as said in the first MOD post about Not Evil//Evil. Sure, morality can be discussed here but the push against NQT (who I also don't like for using bad wording and 'promises' [seriously, dude. If you're town, you have to work harder than {let me live until tomorrow then you'll understand} because that concept is easily breakable against multiple voices. Granted, said voices aren't presenting that good of a premise) is one that falters.

I stand by what I said before--the scenario is too linear for it to be a general possibility that NQT-if she lives until tomorrow-will grow 'stronger' and become 'evilevilbad' scum.

DO NOT LYNCH NQT, HUMANS. ALSO, NQT, EXTEND YOUR MANDATE THAT YOU DID ONTO LEAFSNAIL. LYNCH LEAFSNAIL.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: January 31, 2014, 09:42:32 pm »

Points to be considered.

MOWE's classic. We don't -have- to kill. However this is unsure if hammers are in play--but it may be alleviated by NQT's "decision", as hinted here. Yeah, it may be crazy--but imagine a game wherein all players aren't lynched but still continue to speak despite roleflipping. I choose to follow that decision, better.

Another note however, is NQT's infallibility to give information. I hope my definition of inconsiderate doesn't hold here-but know this: when we have absolutely nothing (in varying intervals of nothing) to follow, then it is solely up to good judgement to fix the case out. Leafsnail does make good arguments--it doesn't hold however on how this solely makes NQT scum in lieu of the lack of a passing class day.

Mr Badict: If I may speak against our class president-whom I mean no malice-what differences exist between a summoned meteor of any easily-available schoolbook and a real meteor? Are there any sections of which in history which details the differences in summoning?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 31, 2014, 09:43:32 pm »

Ms. Vectoria: Do you have any references as to any kind of summoned entities destroying the world? Other than the Pterrordactyl? Or dinosaurs? More on: Meteors or heavenly bodies?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 31, 2014, 09:46:09 pm »

NQT: Why can't you address us instead of talking solely to Leafsnail?

It's not like we exist here!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: January 31, 2014, 09:48:26 pm »

Leafsnail
A single point of yours lies in what NQT is not willing to disclose--problem being, if your team (ie Team Evil; whom I am sure at least has the possibility to attack other people in the night due to my power), then who is to say that you haven't lied about this groupchat, and are able to take advantage of flailing town?
So as far as I can tell what you're saying is
"You're attacking NQT because he's refusing to tell us about knowledge he claims he has.  But what if you happen to be hiding knowledge yourself, hmm??  What then?  I'm not going to provide any actual argument to suggest that you're hiding this knowledge, though."

I don't have a team or a groupchat or the ability to attack people.  That's why I didn't believe that evil = scum from the very beginning.

Addressing the concept as a whole-I doubt that in a bastard game there wouldn't be a distinction as said in the first MOD post about Not Evil//Evil.
You're saying you don't think the moderator would be misleading in a bastard game?  Ok.

Sure, morality can be discussed here but the push against NQT (who I also don't like for using bad wording and 'promises' [seriously, dude. If you're town, you have to work harder than {let me live until tomorrow then you'll understand} because that concept is easily breakable against multiple voices. Granted, said voices aren't presenting that good of a premise) is one that falters.
I like how you keep making points against NQT but still blindly follow him.  Do the two of you have a groupchat?

I stand by what I said before--the scenario is too linear for it to be a general possibility that NQT-if she lives until tomorrow-will grow 'stronger' and become 'evilevilbad' scum.
So you're categorically stating that conversions aren't a thing in this game.  Why?  How do you know?

DO NOT LYNCH NQT, HUMANS. ALSO, NQT, EXTEND YOUR MANDATE THAT YOU DID ONTO LEAFSNAIL. LYNCH LEAFSNAIL.
This is just straight-up panicking.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: January 31, 2014, 09:57:08 pm »

What I'm saying is NQT is being too narrowminded to consider how deep a hole you're digging her into, and needs a bit (ok a lot) of rope to save her hide. :I

"You're attacking NQT because he's refusing to tell us about knowledge he claims he has.  But what if you happen to be hiding knowledge yourself, hmm??  What then?  I'm not going to provide any actual argument to suggest that you're hiding this knowledge, though."

I don't have a team or a groupchat or the ability to attack people.  That's why I didn't believe that evil = scum from the very beginning.
Or your wincon is to eliminate NQT.
But can you explain why I get the idea that scum can get people out? Meaning: Prevent them from GOING TO SCHOOL?
I cast doubt on both of your cases-to be exact, but I choose to believe the probably hilarious lesser-evil that NQT, is actually evil scum.

Now can you not summarize me wrongly and address me in turn?

I like how you keep making points against NQT but still blindly follow him.  Do the two of you have a groupchat?
How droll!
^ ^
<3 you too Leafsnail~
Nope. I only have a groupchat with myself and myself. We talk a lot, you see.

You're saying you don't think the moderator would be misleading in a bastard game?  Ok.
I'm saying they're answering us straight yet we're asking all sorts of branching questions that it diverges from the main idea of the game.
Check back-hit me with what mechanics you see are wrong.
And I like how you assume me out and conclude. <3 you too, by the way! :D

So you're categorically stating that conversions aren't a thing in this game.  Why?  How do you know?
Hmm? No, I never said that but in the case of 'NQT growing stronger'-she also says it's ok for me to die tomorrow. Detail to me how that breaks conversions with this weak modus of reasoning.

Also, looking at all probabilities in general-such a situation wouldn't come if:
> NQT wasn't being so narrowminded and self-caring about her own life that she would also consider what we are thinking and would only address either recent spats against her or you.
> You didn't raise such a nice tangent made up of minor statements to debunk NQT, actually, being town.

It does not match-her reactions prior to when I detailed bastard game = doubt on him (and instead to label me as inattentive, or probably an ignorant  ::)  I do like labels NQT.)

This is just straight-up panicking.
And this is straight up concluding.

What happened to the questioning-Leafsnail I grew to know and love?
You seem abound in declarative sentences.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: January 31, 2014, 11:09:06 pm »

What I'm saying is NQT is being too narrowminded to consider how deep a hole you're digging her into, and needs a bit (ok a lot) of rope to save her hide. :I

Could you explain why you are trying so hard to save someone who is behaving so scummy? You're doing all you can to defend NQT, no matter what NQT does. Why would you be doing this despite indications of him lying?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: January 31, 2014, 11:40:13 pm »

Innocent Child. That, and his actions do not equal him playing as scum--his actions a long time before, by the way.

Next: The scumteam seems out against him (if scumteam == Evil)

Also, what 'scummy'? Him panicking and saying information presented? For all I know despite its apparent and obvious weakness, which he addressed to me here, and which I see none of those against him even speak about, it makes sense that he's under pressure and is acting like it-not that he won't lose (which AGAIN is not addressed by those against him, as if those against him rely on ignorance and idleness for a lynch [eww.])

Check this. What I see from those against him are focus more on the 'you guys just don't get it' and less on everything else he said. (99% = more, 1% = less)

He refuses to speak-let him not speak. I fail to see how transparency is a scumtell, or on how it rationally equals him being scum. If that's a scum ploy, it will be remembered as the cheapest and worst cases of play ever.

But that is not why I defend him.

Look for yourself, TDS- do you refute, or even try to do so, at Leafsnail? What about Cado? I have seen lacking interaction from those acclaimed 'Team Evil' on each other's notes--especially that on Leafsnail as his case seems to lead against NQT; everyone else who isn't Not Evil equal interaction with everyone else.

Tell me, what do you see in NQT, TDS?

Could you explain why you are trying so hard to save someone who is behaving so scummy? You're doing all you can to defend NQT, no matter what NQT does. Why would you be doing this despite indications of him lying?
Because the orange part is a strawman--or undermining and concluding what I said before getting to know it in its entirety.

I want to know your viewpoint, Mr.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: January 31, 2014, 11:41:41 pm »

Addendum: TDS, I'd love to know what you think between lynching NQT and lynching Leafsnail-detail both, with emphasis on why Leafsnail seems more 'detrimental' then NQT.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: February 01, 2014, 01:17:14 am »

I'm really trying to think of what to say that I haven't already.
Honestly, all this has boiled down to (for me at least) is a massive WIFOM soup of incomprehensible origin.
Is NQT telling the truth?
Is LS telling the truth?
Who else could be lying?

You know what? Really what I want to know?
I vote for NQT, Leafsnail, RangerCado, and TheDarkStar. All at once.

Let's see what happens.

Votecount, yo.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: February 01, 2014, 01:40:51 am »

I'm really trying to think of what to say that I haven't already.
Honestly, all this has boiled down to (for me at least) is a massive WIFOM soup of incomprehensible origin.
Is NQT telling the truth?
Is LS telling the truth?
Who else could be lying?

You know what? Really what I want to know?
I vote for NQT, Leafsnail, RangerCado, and TheDarkStar. All at once.

Let's see what happens.

Votecount, yo.
How's about voting Leafsnail right now then NQT?
Because really-the lack of, or delay in votecounts are really hanging this up. D:
Still, good point to forward.

I thought we can only vote one?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: February 01, 2014, 03:23:56 am »

The real enemy is probably the class representatives and her lackies read: nerds (hi Tiruin) who want to blow up the school because they failed some test or something. Jerks.

lynch nqt because lulz

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: February 01, 2014, 03:40:13 am »

*facepalm*

Caz. Why do you make me cry sometimes.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]