Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: World of Monsters(SG)  (Read 26855 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Monsters(SG)
« Reply #315 on: May 03, 2020, 11:15:30 pm »

you find a herd of elephant 53 strong.

How do you proceed?
Um.

Overall changes: found elephants
Well that's a fucking understatement.
I'm the king of under statements.  :D

..how big are direwolves?
About the size of a grizzly bear.

Remember just continuing on exploring or returning home are valid options. You don't have to fight an elephant.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 11:21:07 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 03, 2020, 11:36:46 pm »

We're not fighting the elephants.
I don't care if we would fight an elephant, we don't have the option of fighting an elephant.

Watch, and if there's one that's notably falling behind - and not a child, grabbing a baby will likely end with us dead at the parents' feet - then we may be able to harry it, slow it down further so that it's completely separated from the pack, and then try to actually kill it. Don't take any unnecessary risks.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 03, 2020, 11:43:03 pm »

Definitely go after the weakest of the herd. Any bigger elephant goes after us, lead them on a merry chase and try to exhaust them.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 04, 2020, 02:30:37 am »

Yeah, lets see if we can pick one off with our buddies.  If we can get chased by an elephant, lets see if we can do the old 'one runs, the other two harry' maneuver.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 04, 2020, 04:06:56 am »

Definitely go after the weakest of the herd. Any bigger elephant goes after us, lead them on a merry chase and try to exhaust them.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 04, 2020, 11:00:09 am »

Go after one that is farthest away from the others

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 14, 2020, 03:49:00 pm »

Turn 9.4:
[smallest amount of elephants grouped: 13; number at back: 1]You inform the others that the one at the back of the herd is the one your targeting. You employ a hit-and-run/harassment tactic to draw the elephant farther away from the pack. [Dire Wolves: 12+4+2=18 vs Elephant: 4]It works and after the course of a few hours the rest of the elephants are away and you bring the hammer down. [Dire Wolves: 5+3+9=17 vs Elephant: 19]The elephant refuses to go down without a fight and uses her tusks to toss one of your buddies into a rock hurting him a bit. [Round 2: 15+3+11=29 vs 14]You all get serious and stop playing when that happens and take down the elephant using a bit more skill and making sure to stay away from those tusks.

The elephant would bring back 20 food worth of produce for the pack if you take it back whole. What now? Also who gets credit for the kill?

Overall changes: strength and stealth slightly increase; tactics slightly increase

Turn 9.4 is over, Choose Turn 9.5's action(s):
Return home(would start next turn)
-With elephant whole(+20 food stocks)
-After feasting on some of it(+15 food stocks)
-Leave without it(can be taken with feasting)
Continue exploring (pick direction)(would go until encounter, could end the turn outside of the den limiting actions)
Something else(write in)

Spoiler: Personal Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: den/pack (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: exploration party (click to show/hide)

Sorry this took so long, I've been toying with how to do this battle.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 14, 2020, 05:32:48 pm »

Eat some, and bring the thing back. Maybe we'll be able to do something with the tusks? At the very least, an elephant skeleton will be suitably intimidating to visitors.
Regarding who gets credit: we should get credit for organizing the whole affair, and therefore get more credit, but ultimately it should, like, a 50-25-25 split. Maybe 60-20-20.
The point is it's mainly us, but the others aren't neglected.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 15, 2020, 03:19:21 am »

Eat some, and bring the thing back. Maybe we'll be able to do something with the tusks? At the very least, an elephant skeleton will be suitably intimidating to visitors.
Regarding who gets credit: we should get credit for organizing the whole affair, and therefore get more credit, but ultimately it should, like, a 50-25-25 split. Maybe 60-20-20.
The point is it's mainly us, but the others aren't neglected.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 15, 2020, 12:37:24 pm »

Whoever is damaged, eat however much will heal the, bring the rest back

Everyone gets equal credit, as we all worked to kill it

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 20, 2020, 12:55:06 am »

Turn 9.5:
You decide to have a feast and bring back what remains. When you return you bash in the glory that this kill give you, be sure to of course give some credit to your friends who were with you. They have expressed their loyalty to you and with it you might be able to get them as a personal squad permanently. Just a couple more kills of worthy opponents and you feel that you will rise naturally to the rank of your father. You also realize that you are halfway through your first winter, some options might not be available or have limited success.

Overall changes: leadership and charisma barely increase; -9 food

Turn 9.5 is over, Choose Turn 10's action(s)(FIVE actions available):
Strength based actions:
Organize a hunt{++food, +hunting}(all rolls halved and time increased by 2)
-With superiors
-With friends{+leadership}
-With spouse
Fight/wrestle{+strength, +tactics}
-with superiors
-with friends
Challenge superior{possible rank up, possible death}
-Alpha
-Beta
Train Strength{+Strength}

Stealth based actions:
Spy on{+stealth, +intel}
-write in
Capture prey{+food, +stealth}
Train Stealth{+Stealth}

Leadership based actions:
Organize exploration{+leadership, +area intel}(all rolls halved and time increased by 2)
Train Leadership{+leadership}
Create a personal squad(must be taken with: Convince the Alpha to let you have a personal squad)

Charisma based actions:
Talk/Hang with{+Charisma}
-Friends{+friends}
-Superiors{+relations}
-Spouse{possible conception}
Train Charisma{+charisma}
Convince the Alpha to let you have a personal squad

General actions:
Overall training{+random stat}
Learn Skill(write in){learn a new skill}
Train Skill(write in){improve said skill}
Write in{improve ???}

Spoiler: Personal Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: den/pack (click to show/hide)

And we are back to regular turns? Also a new couple of options to expand your control over the pack.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 20, 2020, 01:14:50 am »

Learn a new skill:  Scouting.  It'll help us avoid ambushes and travel places with less chance of detection.

I want to go travel to a city, kill someone in the streets, and live to tell the tale.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 20, 2020, 01:25:26 am »

Learn a new skill:  Scouting.  It'll help us avoid ambushes and travel places with less chance of detection.

I want to go travel to a city, kill someone in the streets, and live to tell the tale.
Interesting idea, please add 4 more actions to do this turn(you have a total of 5 actions).
My Forum game(s):
None for now

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 20, 2020, 04:21:25 am »

Train Stealth{+Stealth}
-with friends

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 20, 2020, 06:13:29 am »

Train Stealth{+Stealth}
-with friends

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24