Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: My coming out of the closet issues.  (Read 29247 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: My coming out of the closet issues.
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2012, 04:08:12 pm »

Set this baby up in a corner.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2012, 05:06:30 pm »

Or, you know. Just control it wirelessly?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2012, 05:24:01 pm »

I was under the impression that it was covered while he was at home/away from work.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2012, 05:32:49 pm »

Yeah it was. I come in during the latter half of the day, since that's when the most customers show up. So far the vandalism has been in the mornings.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2012, 05:58:17 pm »

Go in the mornings.  Stake it out, if you really want to know.  That's a guaranteed confrontation, but it may not be a really good idea.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2012, 06:15:13 pm »

connected to a tripwire that goes over the poster.
someone puts something over the poster/pull it off, tripwire breaks, and their arse gets riddled with high-velocity paint.

who knew balls up the bum could be so useful for protecting LGBT posters?

Clearly, the paint must be all the colors of the rainbow.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 12, 2012, 01:44:25 am »

I'm actually kind of surprised by your mother's reaction. My mother took it quite well, suggesting that I be even more careful with STDs if I have a same sex relationship. Still, I think she saw it coming. I haven't been dating since... well... ever and I tend to not notice ladies hitting on me usually. I'm kind of blind when it comes to people hitting on me.

I'm sure your family will come to accept it, but it'll take time if religion is involved. You may just have to wait it out to get acceptance.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 12, 2012, 02:47:43 am »

Well, I can't say much here except to offer support and that I hope it all works out. Good luck, Kai!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 12, 2012, 07:52:39 am »

About your parent's avoiding talking about it, I need to ask if this is perhaps just the way they "deal" with things? I mean, my parents never talked about anything, regardless of importance, if it had the chance of being slightly awkward. Some people just aren't able to do things like that. Were they "confrontative" with you about things in the past?
Love, scriver~

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2012, 01:13:22 pm »

Err... yes and no. My mother always lets her disappointment be known. My father just bottles everything up and never gets into any confrontation he can avoid.

So yeah, their behavior isn't unprecedented, but I don't think it healthy. I don't want to argue; I want to talk. I feel if I'm going to have a good relationship with my parents, both for this and for anything in the future, they need to feel that they can discuss anything with me (and I anything with them). I don't want secrets anymore. I don't want hidden emotions. I want open lines of communication.

EDIT: Just got to work, poster disappeared. 3rd one is now up.

I'm ruffling someone's feathers. I just hope they'll talk to me instead of this passive nonsense.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 01:36:20 pm by kaijyuu »
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 12, 2012, 03:46:48 pm »

How many backup posters do you have?  You may need to print out more.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 12, 2012, 03:49:40 pm »

He is the secretary. I doubt there will be much chance of running out of printers.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2012, 04:53:39 pm »

once you find them, paste their walls (and them) with the posters.
No, pushing it in their face is on the same level as tearing it down.  But definitely do confront them.  Just don't make them hate you, make them see you for what you are, a reasonable human being.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2012, 05:02:40 pm »

So yeah, their behavior isn't unprecedented, but I don't think it healthy.

I agree completely, with this and the rest of the post. I just wanted to know for my evaluation of their behaviour. I hope they'll open up sooner or later. Weirdly enough, though correct me if the impressions I've gotten from the thread is wrong, hasn't your father been the most open with you this time?
Love, scriver~

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2012, 06:13:13 pm »

So yeah, their behavior isn't unprecedented, but I don't think it healthy.

I agree completely, with this and the rest of the post. I just wanted to know for my evaluation of their behaviour. I hope they'll open up sooner or later. Weirdly enough, though correct me if the impressions I've gotten from the thread is wrong, hasn't your father been the most open with you this time?
Yes, he has. He's actually said something besides empty "I love yous" and vocal disappointment, unlike my mother.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12