Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Mod Adventures  (Read 14177 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Adventures
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2017, 03:19:26 pm »

I think this applies to any creature holding a noble position while also having the LARGE_PREDATOR token - before I removed it from my beast men I got quests to kill beast man slaves or prisoners.

That explains it. I eventually left the lord to go seek out more musical styles, before getting wrapped up in a quest to storm a dark fortress and rescued a local chieftain's daughter. Lots of dwarves somehow ending up joining the surface-dwelling subterranean animal-people civs. I then died a glorious death frantically trying to bite a demon king in half after I savescummed due to my first death to it being less amusing.

So now I'm playing a goblin from the very same dark fortress...

The heart of darkness was bleeding. A human had, for unknown reasons, cut a swath through the goblins of Hillfly, killed the lord serving under the demon king, and wounded him. Then as a further insult, a dwarf was placed in charge of the people here, to serve directly under the master, instead of a goblin.

But this one at least seemed less of a coward than the previous lord, as she already was marshalling forces to march dwarven territory, based off rumors of what motivated the human to attack this place. Or perhaps to prove her loyalty and appease the demon king.

A goblin woman, a lasher newly minted as a warrior, made her way to the grand hall. Ideally to demand her new boss send her on a hunt, but she also wanted to, for the first time, inspect the carnage. Goblin and beak dog corpses marked a path to follow, left to rot as punishment for their failure. Some of them she at least tolerated, if not liked. And in the main room, while her new boss wasn't there, she did see the mangled corpse of the one that did all this.

Her demonic master paid no heed to her as she picked through the rotting corpse's belongings. The human had some cracked, shattered makeshift armor too large for her to wear, and a few worthless belongings. Instruments mainly. But it was giving her ideas, to avenge the deaths of the few she actually cared about, and upstage this drunken ass-kisser she now served.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2017, 09:46:13 am »

I shall play a modified version of Legend of Zelda:Earthward Pick.
I will play as a goron hero named 'Zelda'.
I start in the town of Mazehours.
I ask the first person I see about monsters, and he told me to find "Dubstep Stasirstrospi".
I walk to the next house to the west, and find Dubstep.
First he tells me about some night trolls, and a hill titan, but then he tells about  a wallmaster, that has been preying on the surrounding community, called Alud Dyeempty. I ask Dubstep to join me in fighting this great evil.
He agrees that Alud must die, and joins my party.
Alud turns out to be living on a glacier, and there was a howling snowstorm when I arrived, because letting me easily find the lair is just too easy. This glacier is referred to as 'The Uspeakable Ice'.
I finally find the lair, and quickly jump in, hoping that it is warmer down there than up here. Dubstep follows.
I eat some skulltulla meat as a final meal. I would have drunk water as well, but the water is completely frozen.
And... the wallmaster isn't here... Well, that typical. I finally find the lair, and the monster isn't there anymore.
Well, while we are waiting, I shall take a nap. I wake up, somehow outside, and feel uneasy. Perhaps Alud is here. I shall face him, and I hope we win.
Alud isn't here... Why did I feel uneasy?
I take another nap, and wake up to an iron pellet chipping the bone of right upper leg.
I discover a moblin crossbowman right next to me. I bashed his upper body with my bronze hammer, then his  neck. I ask him who he is, and he replied "I am soldier". At this point, I bashed him directly in the head, turning his brain into mush.
I don't know if there are more soldiers, but I am going to cautiously look for them.
Dubstep returned, with his upper front teeth gone. He apparently had his own moblin encounter.
Suddenly, out of the mists of the snowstorm, came a strange abomination, with a body similiar to a penguin, but with feather coloration and a bill resembling an alligator. It tried to bite me, but I quickly blocked it. I returned with a shield bash.
Dubstep came up, and the pengator started to attack him. It bit Dubstep in the left foot, and tried to rip it off.
I bashed it in the right eye, causing it to explode, and Dubstep broke its bill's grip.
I decided to give it a complete set, and bashed it in the left eye.
While now blind, it continued biting erratically. I dropped the hammer, and grabbed its throat with my left hand.
It soon stopped struggling. While this was somewhat an inconvenience, I was out of meat. I shall eat some meat, and then nap for a while, then see if Alud is back.
I wake up nauseous. That pengator meat must have been bad. I suddenly feel uneasy, and remembering what happened last time, snatch up my hammer, and shield.
I hear footsteps, and quickly adopt a defensive stance. It is just Dubstep, though.
Alud is not here, so was it another moblin?
I couldn't find anything, and I decided to just get out of this glacier.
I ask Dubstep if he knows any place to recommend going to.
He tells me of a king dodongo, which has murdered twenty of our countymen. I decide that I shall fight it.
As I travel out of the glacier, I step onto frozen tundra, which is still warmer than the glacier was. I discover a small hatch in the snow. Me and Dub decide to go down. Who knows, it might even be warm!
As I walk down, bones and small pieces of flesh litter the ground. Suddenly out of the shdows comes a winged creature, whose muscles I can plainly see. The monster kicks Dubstep knocking him to the ground, and then repeatedly kicks him. I try to attract its attention, by bashing it in the head. It dodges out of the way of the hammer, but its attention is now on me. Great. Why did I think this was a good idea? It suddenly jumps over me, and continues to attack poor Dubstep. I desperately bash its foot, trying to knock it down, but it barely bruises.
It, again focusing on me, grabbed me by the pointer finger, spun me around, and threw me into the wall, giving it some fashionable decor, if splattered brains count as fashionable decor.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2017, 10:27:34 am »

Did Dubstep survive?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2017, 10:58:33 am »

Did Dubstep survive?
I think so, because I went out of the game before the troll could kill him. My next adventurer can go and recruit him again.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2017, 06:15:43 pm »

I've been having fun with my own mods lately. Made a peasant adventurer who has managed to come quite far.

Her name is Nelti evenedrose, she is a vutchnell of the highborn caste. Vutchnell look like weird mongooses twisted into humanoid form, and the highborn caste can live to be over 200 years old. They are lean and agile climbers and swimmers, resistant to some diseases, but lack the endurance and toughness of other races. Nelti herself was born a little faster and a little stronger than average, and developed skills with a sword and shield and in writing, but had no real job, an outcast in her community. She never really valued romance and love, unlike her fellows that held it in the highest regards. They're all humans, anyway. She sought out excitement and tales worth telling.

Carp men infested the swamps near her hometown of Tiredhoney. While many of them were simply bandits, their culture was one that respects only violent conquest, and travellers caught by patrols would be put to the sword. On Granite 15th, she set out from her lonely house to stalk wild game, and slit the throats of two camels before they caught wind of her. From their bones she would sometimes make daggers and figurines to trade for provisions, and on their pelts she would write her journals.

There was a camp of renegade carp men a short walk to the north, and when she encountered one on the plains, which attacked her, she decided to pay them a little visit. Before long she had slain half a dozen, many of them at rest or not paying attention to their surroundings. However, she was spotted and forced to retreat from their skilled weapon masters.

The next day after resting in the keep of the village of Pointypants, she returned. This time she slew them all, despite a fierce fight with a wrestler and again with an axeman that left her badly injured and unable to stand. She cut a tree and shaped a crutch for herself, which allowed her to limp back to the village. There, she got instructions to copy a simple spellbook and produce aether salts, and over the course of a day learned a spell to reform her body. This was magic, spellcrafts, that could heal any wound. She cast the spell, and was enveloped in darkness and pain.

Hours later, she emerged, the smallest scratches and her crippled leg repaired, as if the fight had never occurred. Exhausted, she wrote a book about poetry, The Pursuit of The Bear of Twigs, to while away the hours. It was actually pretty bland.

Having killed about a dozen carp men, Nelti managed to convince an axeman, Ukap, to follow her. Her next plan was to see just how tough the great beasts of the world were, and she targeted a cyclops in a cave a short walk to the south. It was easy to find the entrance, and despite some docile oversized woolly cow-lizard creatures in the caves, the passage was safe, and they confronted Alamagrap Goldenheavens the Oil of Hardiness the cyclops in its lair. The beast was facing away from them, crouched in the cavern, so Nelti took the opportunity to slit its throat, or so she thought. There wasn't nearly enough blood, and the beast was more enraged than defeated, and came at them swinging. In the ensuing melee Ukap was beaten unconscious before Nelti could drop the cyclops to the floor from the pain of its wounds, and finally slit its throat.

Ukap spent an hour lapsing in and out of consciousness before finally sobering up enough for Nelti to cast a spell of reformation on him. He was immediately engulfed in a horrifying cocoon of flesh. Hours later, Ukap emerged healed, and dressed himself. They traveled to a village nearby, and received the praises of the local lord. Upon leaving, they were ambushed by carp man bandits at the local well. They were of the same camp Nelti had raided, and after a short brawl two of them lay dead and the other two yielded.

After tracking them back to their camp, they slew those two as well, and made off with all the rest of the gold. Wealthy and famous, Nelti and Ukap slaughtered their way through the countryside, relieving it of all known bandits. One camp was entirely comprised of reptile men, and the pair soon found a diminutive reptile woman hiding near the site of the massacre. They dragged her along with them, and so two became two and a cowardly little girl that never stopped whining about the horrors of death.

The last camp in their way was inhabited by a single olm man. The creature fled from them, and after an hour chasing it, they finally had it made. With the creature's dying breath, it cast a spell on Nelti. She could feel her insides boil, but nothing seemed to come of it.

Hours later, the trio had cleared a camp of human bandits, and nothing had come of Nelti's curse. Nightfall came, she didn't feel like eating or drinking anything. Or even sleeping... Soon however hyenas assaulted them, and their reptile woman friend was dragged down and eaten before she could be saved, but she was avenged. Nelti could resurrect her as a spirit, but nothing she could do would return her to the world properly. They instead slaughter the bandit camp nearby and wait until morning

Continuation may be had?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]