Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25

Author Topic: The Eternal Saga - Act 2: The First Era (Epilogue)  (Read 22927 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Eternal Saga - Act 2: The First Era
« Reply #315 on: December 01, 2017, 11:06:38 pm »

Yessss, I didn't want to say anything, but one certainly does wonder about Shal from time to time. In any case, I have many qualms about you 'searching' our Mortal Plane, but none specifically related to this Skylargos. Do as you must, but see that you harm not the mortal races, and in the name of the Primordial Ones, be careful. This is a scientific installation dealing with highly sensitive matters.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 11:19:07 pm by Maximum Spin »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 01, 2017, 11:38:29 pm »

Uncaring of your antics, Scilorak said:
"I prefer that attitude. Be wise, and cooperate. That way no harm will happen to your world, I have no time to waste on such meaningless trifles."

Two Greater Servants and their battalions of Servants and Lesser Servants started Incarnating into the Mortal Plane. A group above the Crater, another above the Lung Sea.

edit:

Then toward Nefertem, he said:
"Who is to take care of the locks of the house? The master, or the guest?"
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 11:51:52 pm by Nakéen »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 01, 2017, 11:53:07 pm »

Ah, that's what I thought you'd say. Well, it was worth asking, at least. Carry on.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 01, 2017, 11:55:36 pm »

Meanwhile, the Spruce and resident whatever-the-other-guys-ares are informed of the current going-ons (relatively vaguely) and told that if a whole bunch of these guys show up, you just stay out of their way and they should leave soon.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 02, 2017, 12:43:23 am »

Watching the proceedings between the other gods and the Great Destructor, Scilorak, Reyginaga read the strands of fate. The strands showing the world's destruction got longer and nearly nonexistent the more willing the others became to allowing his investigation. Frankly, she'll welcome his presence more if he decides to deal with whatever is brewing in the Lung Sea as well. However, new strands appeared, some concerning the Pillar. The others had better hope that Scilorak isn't interested in exploring the Pillar since the Keepers won't let anyone enter the forbidden zone around it unless directed by Shal.

Sending a vision to Ysalith and the Oracles functioning as her priestesses, Reyginaga spoke:

"An Elder God and his servants will search the world and your lands for an entity who he doesn't know has already passed."

"An uninvited guest seeking the being who caused him grief."

"Fear him not or his servants but stay out of his way."

"And he will trouble you no longer."

"Resist him and all strands will lead to your grisly demise."

"I am with you always and will avenge every slight but only if you are not at fault."

"That is all."

Continue to rest in her realm.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 10:23:55 am by Sir Elventide »

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 02, 2017, 05:42:26 am »

Hmm.. Alright then.. This seems to have gone well enough... Right. Hopefully no one does anything stupid.. Time to take care of business then...

Ahem... Keepers... You may have failed, yes. There were those who entered the forbidden zone, and all but one appeared to have disaster brought upon them... That one, while he is physically fine, his soul, his very essence itself was forever warped and twisted from what it was... His punishment though, is to be delayed as his reaction to the Forbidden Zone is abnormal, the others of his kind just merely collapsed, all but dead. I will conduct investigations into the matter, and then conduct his punishment personally afterwards.

As for you... Do not lament just yet, for with no proper weapons or fortifications and against a foe that advanced with a single-minded purpose, you did admirably... We all make mistakes, it is a fact of existence that we all make one eventually. And at first glance, the emergency countermeasures appear to have worked, and no harm was ultimately done. However, This Cannot be Repeated, we seem to have gotten lucky this time, and we cannot trust that luck will be on our side again next time. For this end, I will create weapons which you may use to assist your endeavors should such a scenario re-occur.. In addition, I will instruct Steve to teach you how to create the weapon of your choice now, so try them out, and come to a general consensus: The Flail, or the Bow? The secrets of smelting will be needed to recreate the flails I have given you, and that will likely take a very long while for a perfect recreation, while the bow can be made from Cowed Tree wood, although the weapon itself is of course harder to master. Also, you are not to turn these weapons on each other, do you understand?

Finally, Nefertem is coming by to check on the Forbidden Zone, so do not panic if you see a massive multicolored ribbon, he's merely performing a quick check to ensure that everything is running as expected. A second point of view might catch what the first misses, after all.

Later, as the Keepers are trying out the weapons, Shal approaches Bob
Bob, I know you're the only one of your kind... I didn't realize just what that was doing to Steve... Hindsight is 20/20, yeah?
Here, to learn from the lessons of the past and to head that off, say hello to your kin... Now come, I have a task for all of you...

Minor Act: Move the Imp to Point Zero, and Investigate him thoroughly.
Minor Act: Create a handful of Flails and Bows (with arrows)
1 Power: Create an Army of Teluvortas (more space elementals)
-Steve: Teach Keepers in how to create bows or flails, whichever they choose to learn first.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 06:25:29 am by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 02, 2017, 09:31:55 pm »

I'm making a localized Minor Law to make it so that the near the City, Kikaket cannot go rogue and be assholes to the Spruce just to be assholes to them, and any nearby rogue Kikaket revert to their non-rogue state.
Let's do this a better way.
Localized Minor Law: rogue Kikaket cannot enter the City or its surrounding area.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 11:39:19 pm by Glass »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 02, 2017, 09:37:52 pm »

I'm making a localized Minor Law to make it so that the near the City, Kikaket cannot go rogue and be assholes to the Spruce just to be assholes to them, and any nearby rogue Kikaket revert to their non-rogue state.
I thought we were going for *less* mind control?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 02, 2017, 09:40:01 pm »

Hmn?

They're Servants. Lesser Servants at that. I'm making them leave my guys alone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 02, 2017, 09:44:27 pm »

Yeah, I bet Limikarrat would have something to say about "they're only servants, it's okay to mind control them" :P

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 02, 2017, 09:49:48 pm »

They're messing about with people in my Realm when that wasn't their original purpose. I'm putting them back in their original programming.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 02, 2017, 09:51:28 pm »

Literally taking away what little free will they have.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 02, 2017, 09:56:15 pm »

Only near the City. If they leave its general area - and please note that it was a local thing, so there's still space even inside the hex where it's not "its general area" - alone, then they still have free will.

EDIT: I changed it.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 11:39:30 pm by Glass »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 03, 2017, 04:10:27 am »

well Mavnon I think I will be alright with it I had plan for giant arachnid mounts for them though. I hope we can keep some of their more Deeming quality

Sorrow. Events have forced me to renege on our agreement. I cannot aid your kinder.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 04, 2017, 10:46:44 am »

Ha-Sath:

After a long time spent as a Varween form, Ha-Sath finally took a new form when it realized its mind was shutting off on occasions.

Ha-Sath next takes the form of a Garclin Bird.

((Totally forgot about this.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25