Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25

Author Topic: The Eternal Saga - Act 2: The First Era (Epilogue)  (Read 23074 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: The Eternal Saga - Act 2: The First Era
« Reply #285 on: November 30, 2017, 06:40:02 pm »

I create a new servant(3 Acts) upon the world, and send them forth to the Four Tribes Alliance, to teach them to construct great fortifications, and ask them to praise hakarth(a pesutogram for Akrathh) as a god.
Spoiler: New Servant (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 30, 2017, 06:53:32 pm »

Sending a message to the Destructor, Shal opens a channel:

Skylargos, sphere of Energy, recharges his ship by violently crashing into planets, the monster who didn't tell us there was a well established God right on his heels and most importantly Almost Killed My People By Being Asleep At The Wheel?! That Skylargos?! You just missed him. He left a little while ago, through that very breach. Investigate the universe if you wish, but you will only find evidence of his passage, and that crater that was his crash site.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 30, 2017, 07:19:46 pm »

(Waiting patiently for Nakeen to finish editing Turn post)

After communing with Reyginaga for a few hours, Ysalith stood up and turned to look at the large crystalline structure in the middle of the Tardagradi settlement. So much potential abounded with these mortal creatures ever since The Oracle From Beyond placed them unto this very planet and neither of them wanted it to go to waste. Sending Shaper Tardagradi to fetch all of the Oracles except those caring for the eggs, Ysalith have a meeting with them at the outskirts of the town. Once the last of the summoned Oracles arrived, Ysalith began:

Ysalith will help the Tardagradi increase their food supply.

"The time is nigh to improve your circumstances some more and the Goddess With Many Eyes herself has granted me enough knowledge in several new areas to aid you! Though your food stocks are sufficient to keep your kind from starving now, it will become a problem once your populations grow. Send some of your Shapers into the surrounding regions to scout for potential food sources, whether plant or animal, and I will teach you how to cultivate and to domesticate them respectively. I will also help you create better fertilizer to increase your yield."

Ysalith will help the Tardagradi improve their technology.

"Onto the next subject, I will teach you how to improve your tools and weapons. I will also teach you how to improve your methods of construction and production. Even if that means that your people have to use materials that prove superior to the substance your Shapers use, so be it. In addition to teaching you how to create writing material, I will introduce to you a set of methods useful for investigating phenomena, acquiring new knowledge, and correcting and integrating previous knowledge. These methods will aid you in your endeavor in learning of the world you're on and how to have mastery over it."

Ysalith will help the Tardagradi build a temple-library.

"Finally, I received an edict from Reyginaga. She commands that a place of worship and learning be built. In addition to providing an established place for this newfound faith, this building will also function as a repository for all the things you discovered. Your texts are to be preserved as much as possible so that future generations can both read and build upon your works."
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 07:24:47 pm by Sir Elventide »

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 30, 2017, 07:27:00 pm »

"quote"
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 09:01:39 pm by Sir Elventide »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 30, 2017, 07:41:07 pm »

Erin makes a visit to Culat, the Tribe of Herat, the Four Tribe Alliance, and those Kikaket that have made it their mission in life to be assholes to the Spruce.

[Also, the ebontree seeds, I'm just leaving them scattered around the City for now. My Servants are instructed to make sure that for now, the Spruce don't try to cut them down; if asked why, the answer is that we don't have many of them, and it is better to get more of them before we start cutting them down for resources.]
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 07:45:23 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 30, 2017, 09:46:15 pm »

Split an Act into power.

Spend 1 Power on the Codex' first Amendment - the Law of Repitition.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Use 1 Power to Bless Kuli slightly, granting him the power to End Seasons as well as Create them.

Send Kuli to the tribe of Karos, to bring an end to their famine and usher in a period of Growth.

Teach the Robi of the use of spears and axes as weapons, and guide them in the direction of one of the other races. Maybe the Fanelings, if we can find them. Maybe the Spruces, too.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 30, 2017, 11:25:52 pm »

Nefertem appears before the Tribe of Karos.

Your ideals are fine and honourable, but you shall no more impose them upon the unwilling. You have oppressed your own kind as well as the ones I gave to you; but as long as you obey this rule, you shall have plenty. So do I bless you, in the name of Nefertem and of Lu your patron.

Crack 2 acts into power and spend 2 power blessing the Karos, especially the Forenings there, with fertility and plenty surpassing their pre-famine state, which will hold for all who keep the words of Nefertem to heart, including their offspring.

Then spend another 1 power placing the Tribe of Allond under an equally dire famine.

Appearing before the Tribe of Allond, Nefertem says:

As you requested, the ideals of Karos have been broken. Now you will know the price. Return now to the people of Karos and beseech them in the name of Nefertem to let you return, and you can still be saved. Otherwise, you will suffer as they did.

And Nefertem appears also before the Forenings leaving the Andliauss people, and says:

That the Andilauss can be childish in their pursuit of beauty I cannot deny. But must you leave because of this? Would you not consider – and I am asking and not demanding – staying to help them grow? If not, I could guide you to several places where your kind also lives, or help you to settle somewhere nearby so that you may still visit those who have remained.

Here Nefertem waits for a response.

Yet in another time and place, Nefertem answers Dasho:

I am Nefertem the Long Deep, Lord of Light. Some of you, those once of Percaba, may remember me. Because you wish to oppose the so-called Peaceful, I have answered your call. Worship me and you will be protected.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 12:13:58 am by Maximum Spin »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 30, 2017, 11:31:01 pm »

Another thing regarding Erin's Servants: one of them in the City, in addition to acting as his voice amongst its citizens when Erin is not there, will also inform people when an item they have encountered is magical, and therefore unable to be reproduced with only mundane techniques.

EDIT: Furthermore, in addition to the previously-stated visits, one more to Balik the Uncaring.

EDIT2: Erin also attempts to draw some of the Alomet toward the City.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 11:43:20 pm by Glass »

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 01, 2017, 12:03:00 am »

my creation won't last long like this. i need some help but who to ask
ask if any other gods are willing to help me with this
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 12:06:51 am by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 01, 2017, 03:44:55 am »

my creation won't last long like this. i need some help but who to ask
ask if any other gods are willing to help me with this

Aid: A beggar's recourse
Pity: A master's remorse
Contract: A dreamer's force

Offer given: Your children will tribute me, as they tribute you. I shall Alter them to suit survive the world that comes. For payment, you shall owe Acts 2 to be paid as soon as you are able.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 01, 2017, 04:03:58 am »

I don't mind sharing them with you, I will make sure to pay you back Mavnon. but do tell me what type of blessing you will do to them?
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 01, 2017, 04:07:26 am »

The ability to survive a world changed, the ability to thrive and ascend. I shall change their bodies and give them life anew. I shall make them creatures of the Deep in truth and lie.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 01, 2017, 04:15:34 am »

well Mavnon I think I will be alright with it I had plan for giant arachnid mounts for them though. I hope we can keep some of their more Deeming quality
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 04:40:00 am by darkwarlock3 »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 01, 2017, 04:21:16 am »

((Sorry, but what's deming?))

Mavnon smiled.

Then I see no opposition between us. I shall speak with your Drow and inform them of what will occur.

Minor Act: Mavnon teaches the Lung metallurgy.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 04:37:06 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 01, 2017, 12:11:25 pm »

Regardless... Nike turns to Erin.

Your Magic is surely an expression of the will of the universe, yes? Many know my name, but my next objective shall be to make them know my name is good. He grants to the Ascended One his last Growth and Torpor Acts. I leave the details to you, Ace of Cogs, but the universe bends and shifts. The Seasons bend and shift. I will request that those who seek its power must bend and shift also - make them mindful of the Cycles of Change, so they will grow to respect them.
[Reminding Nakeen of this action... I need Slacker's Growth and Torpor Acts.]
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25