Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651195 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2012, 08:35:29 am »

It totally feasible, you just have to use gratuitous amounts of Action Replay codes to alter which pokemon appear and don't get a in-game certificate for doing so anymore.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2012, 08:46:43 am »

I mean feasible in a totally legit way, where you don't cheat and get all the Pokémon not in your game by carrying around your Gameboy Pocket and link cable and finding random people on the street with the other version.
(My Meowth came from some kid in the park who'd named himself "Ach" because "he forgot how to spell it".)

...Though come to think of it the Global trade should let you do almost exactly that. Hmm.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2012, 09:20:49 am »

You can't do it legitly without far too much hassle for what its worth, unless you wanted to show off to the internet.

You'd have to drag everything from firered/leafgreen into ruby/sapphire, and then palpark absolutely everything into Platinum which takes forever and a half. Then trade everything into HeartGold/SoulSilver. Then to a post-game Black/White. Then retrieve all the event legendaries from strangers.
This requires two GBAs, one link cable, 1+ DS Lites (since no other recent DS version has the GBA slot still, and PalPark obviously doesn't work without it), Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen (100%), Ruby&Sapphire (100%), Platinum (100%), HeartGold/SoulSilver (100%), and Black&White (100%), and a unspecifiable amount of time to gather all the event pokemon since Red. The GTS is more or less useless because its more full of never gonna happen trades (Palkia for Bidoof, etc) than anything serious.

Its much simpler to just have the pokemon you are missing from the game you are currently in (after catching all possible legit pokemons) appear in the tall grass (or water area), catch them in the normal fashion, repeat until finished. This only requires Pokemon Black, Pokemon White, 2 DSes for trading the version exclusives, and either a flashcart or an ARDS, with the other DS games (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver) if you have them as an optional bunch to stretch out the legit pokemon part after trading them into one of the above, compared to the nonlegit ones via encounter modification codes.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2012, 09:39:58 am »

I recently bought a ds lite in order to play Soul Silver, which was about $100 well spent for one game. In my opinion *puts on hipster glasses* second generation was the peak of Pokémon. The first generation was entirely too unbalanced with psychic only weak to around two moves and dragon having no damaging moves beyond fixed damage Dragon Rage. Gen III is when they started to try too hard to come up with "original" new Pokémon but still had a few gems. I have no comment on gen V.

I've always been pretty good at battling when it is just amongst friends but I simply don't have the drive when it comes to competitive battling but I can see the appeal.

Give black/white a shot.  Best ones since 2nd gen.  Good variety of crap to do post game.
It may be a case of picking one defect and focusing on it but my main issue with Black and White is Garbador. Also that one that is a candlestick. Oh, and the one that is a honey comb. Plus the fact that it is the third game in a row to have a fire/fighting starter. And several other things that just scream "Not really trying anymore."

To be honest.... The Ice Cream Cone one is my favorite of the gen.  I mean it gets more dips as it evolves... It crossed the line so far it pushed backing the awesome side.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2012, 10:01:24 am »

It's not too hard to get them all through Aklyon's description, especially if you have friends with the other games. (Every time a new generation comes out, we each pick the opposite game so that we don't miss any version specific Pokemon.) Right now I've completed my Pokedex through Gen IV minus Arceus and Deoxys, and have made some progress on gen V. I've caught them all already in other generations, so a hundred more or so isn't too much of a challenge.

Have you played Gold/Silver? Because I'd take Gold/Silver with updated graphics and some extra's over B/W any day. But maybe that's just my nostalgia talking. B/W was "good, I guess". G/S was just great. Again, admitted nostalgia goggles.

Haven't actually gotten Heart/Soul. I guess I should? I'm growing more and more hesitant buying these games as they become less and less fun, but I might still enjoy it...
It's quite a bit better than the originals, I think. The Safari Zone is open, the routes are bigger, the battles are more fun (I think) with the special/attack divide, and the Pokeathlon games were surprisingly fun. (Replacing contests from previous games.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2012, 11:37:44 am »

I find Black and White to be my favorites because of the feelings of freshness and plot so I'm gonna place a rec for that.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2012, 12:40:35 pm »

Black & White ruined the series for me because it was the one game that desperately needed a VS. Seeker. I am not grinding on fucking wild pokemon to beat that level gap after the elite four.

Oh well. At least I liked some of the pokemans in it.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2012, 12:41:45 pm »

I think the lack of vs seeker was because of the huge amount of trainers that could be rebattled daily. Particularly in the post game. Did you go check out the trainers in the Nimbasa stadiums after you beat the elite 4? They all jumped up in level and vastly increased in number.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2012, 01:13:21 pm »

Black & White ruined the series for me because it was the one game that desperately needed a VS. Seeker. I am not grinding on fucking wild pokemon to beat that level gap after the elite four.

A lot of post-game trainers have shitty mons at high levels - just close the level gap by fighting them. Also there's that Lucky Egg that you're unavoidably given for free.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2012, 01:19:29 pm »

Pokemon Conquest is somewhat fun, considering its a new direction its definitely not bad. My main issue however is that you're limited to 1 move per pokemon so sometimes you can screw yourself over by evolving.

Also what exactly is going to be new in Black and White 2 compared to Black and White and is it enough to be worthwhile? Haven't found a solid list just yet but a few of the things I have been hearing about sound interesting.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2012, 01:38:15 pm »

Pokemon Conquest is somewhat fun, considering its a new direction its definitely not bad. My main issue however is that you're limited to 1 move per pokemon so sometimes you can screw yourself over by evolving.

Also what exactly is going to be new in Black and White 2 compared to Black and White and is it enough to be worthwhile? Haven't found a solid list just yet but a few of the things I have been hearing about sound interesting.

Let's see...

Continuation of the plot from Black and White

There's the memory link, which is basically an old save bonus that will unlock some extra scenes and sidequests and have the old PC be referred to with the name you gave them.

There's pokewood, which is an alternative to the musicals where you choose dialogue trees and some sort of battling

Black City and White Forest are now battle tower like facilities instead of the annoying animal crossing esques thing they once were

You can obtain dream world abilities ingame from special pokemon found in hidden hallows

Trainer sprite animations

Unova pokedex has 300 mons available from the start, presumeably due to the invasive species that escaped the from the transfer facility in Black and White

All the gyms have their own remixed version of the Gym Theme music, some of which actually have vocals

There's a IV checker guy

You can call a specific person who will tell you how happy your mons are, how to improve them, and also checks Effort Values

There's a very hard to obtain item that increases your chance of finding shinys

There's a not quite as hard to obtain item that increases the likelyhood of your pokemon in the daycare having eggs

There's changeable difficulty levels, though you need a copy of the other version that has already beat the champion to access both of them. Basically you have these key items that can change the difficulty but you only get them if you beat the champion. However you can send a copy of them over to someone else's game no matter what point in the story they are in. Black2 has the challenge mode key, and White has the Assist mode Key

All the Gen IV and Gen V legendaries that aren't mascot or event pokemon are available

There's a mall that opens a new shop everytime you meet a new person in multiplayer. Supposedly it has some very good stuff in it

It has an achievement system. There's a guy in every Pokemon Center who gives you these medals if you speak to him after doing certain things. There's around 250 medals in total. It has the simple do everything medals, but also have medals for beating the elite 4 and champion with only one pokemon or with a team composed entirely of peopkemon of a certain type.

Free Zorua

You can buy evolution stones at the battle subway.

Also there's this
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 01:51:33 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2012, 02:27:12 pm »

I've had the first gen games, and collected all 150 there... almost did it twice. First time i had 13x when some nice kid deleted all my stuff except for a karpador. TYVM for school trips lol.

I'd play a pokemon game again, but i just don't have a DS and i'm not looking to buy one. I'm 25 now, and not sure i'm ready for all the strange looks that would net me in subways xD

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2012, 09:55:14 pm »

Let's see...

Continuation of the plot from Black and White

There's the memory link, which is basically an old save bonus that will unlock some extra scenes and sidequests and have the old PC be referred to with the name you gave them.

There's pokewood, which is an alternative to the musicals where you choose dialogue trees and some sort of battling

Black City and White Forest are now battle tower like facilities instead of the annoying animal crossing esques thing they once were

You can obtain dream world abilities ingame from special pokemon found in hidden hallows

Trainer sprite animations

Unova pokedex has 300 mons available from the start, presumeably due to the invasive species that escaped the from the transfer facility in Black and White

All the gyms have their own remixed version of the Gym Theme music, some of which actually have vocals

There's a IV checker guy

You can call a specific person who will tell you how happy your mons are, how to improve them, and also checks Effort Values

There's a very hard to obtain item that increases your chance of finding shinys

There's a not quite as hard to obtain item that increases the likelyhood of your pokemon in the daycare having eggs

There's changeable difficulty levels, though you need a copy of the other version that has already beat the champion to access both of them. Basically you have these key items that can change the difficulty but you only get them if you beat the champion. However you can send a copy of them over to someone else's game no matter what point in the story they are in. Black2 has the challenge mode key, and White has the Assist mode Key

All the Gen IV and Gen V legendaries that aren't mascot or event pokemon are available

There's a mall that opens a new shop everytime you meet a new person in multiplayer. Supposedly it has some very good stuff in it

It has an achievement system. There's a guy in every Pokemon Center who gives you these medals if you speak to him after doing certain things. There's around 250 medals in total. It has the simple do everything medals, but also have medals for beating the elite 4 and champion with only one pokemon or with a team composed entirely of peopkemon of a certain type.

Free Zorua

You can buy evolution stones at the battle subway.

Also there's this

That its a continuation and not the same storyline alone makes it appealing, the other stuff is icing on the cake. Can one transfer pokemon straight from Black/White to the new one without needing a 2nd DS? While I've got a 2nd one the touchscreen is next to unusable due to a lamp falling on it (hence why I got a 2nd one) though it still works. Since I got Black last time I'd probably get White this time around...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2012, 09:56:41 pm »

A DS only has 1 DS slot. It does not have a hard drive. RAM only works until electricity stops refreshing it. The answer to your questio is more than likely no.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2012, 09:59:31 pm »

You will need another DS to transfer since it can't hold in data like that. Also you probably want to get Black2 as the plot of Black2/White2 involves the legendary that you didn't catch in Black and White. Unless you want to get the version exclusives
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 11:11:03 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 463