Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651725 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans
« Reply #345 on: February 05, 2013, 06:19:02 pm »

It's relatively easy to get lucky with IVs. I've got a Crobat with 30 in attack and 252 in attack, which is foolish considering Crobat is meant to be all speed, but that's good.

I've also got a Metagross with 31 Attack, 252 Attack EV and Adamant Nature so it tips the scales at 385 attack @ level 100.

If you know what you're doing, once you've identified a 31 IV mon it's a cinch to breed it to pass on the IV.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 05, 2013, 06:20:06 pm »

Natures are more visible and you can still worry about those if you want. :P
I don't! :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 05, 2013, 06:24:44 pm »

Quote from: Bulbapedia
From Pokémon Platinum on, the baby will inherit three IVs, each from a different stat and from a random parent. In addition, a new mechanic was added to breeding, where if either or both parents holds an EV item, instead, the baby will receive the IV of the corresponding stat from one of those parents and the baby will then inherit two other different random IVs, each from a random parent. For example, if a parent is holding the Power Anklet, the baby will inherit a Speed IV from that parent

So if you buy yourself a 'power' item, that boosts EV gain for a particular stat, then get that mon to breed, the baby has a 100% chance of getting that IV, plus two other random IVs inherited from either parent, plus two random IVs of its own.

If I equipped my Metagross with a Power whateverisforattack, then made it breed with Ditto, the resulting Beldum would also have 31 attack IV.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 05, 2013, 06:35:35 pm »

If you're just playing the story, any pokemon with any stats will do.  The computer AI is terrible, and their pokemon don't have top stats anyway.  Outside of a small handful.  If your pokemon is really terrible, just level it up more and you'll eventually win.

Now, if we're talking about the battle subway or battling against other players ... then you want max IV stats. 

Here's how to easily get those max IV stats in a legit way.  Of course, by 'easily' I mean as compared to trying to catch/breed a pokemon with perfect stats. 

Also from smogon:

"The IVs for the baby are first created at random. Then, a random IV from either parent is inherited to the baby. Then, any random IV except an HP IV is selected from either parent and is passed to the baby. Finally, any random IV except an HP or Defense IV is selected from either parent and passed to the baby. These three random IVs may overlap, that is, the same random IV can be chosen to be inherited in the second, or third, IV transfer."

So, technically, you're not guaranteed to get that stat passed down from the parent even if it's holding the respective item. 

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 05, 2013, 08:36:03 pm »

Breeding for one perfect IV is balls easy. Two or three are just more time consuming.

So let's say you want to get a Lucario with perfect Attack, Special Attack, and Speed since you're making him a mixed sweeper. I'll assume you already have three dittos each with the perfect IVs (this is easy, if you want some then I've got perfect IV dittos to spare) and the Lucario already has the intended nature. And I'll assume you're on BW2 or later (if you're not, there's a 50% chance to not pass down the nature which will halve your success chances on each step).

Step 1: Give your 31 Speed Ditto a P. Anklet and your Lucario an Everstone. Breed them once. There is no randomness here so you don't need multiple tries. Don't get used to it. Result: Lucario with 31 Speed.

Step 2: Give your 31 Sp Attack ditto a P. Lens and your 31 Speed Lucario an Everstone. Breed them a bit. All the babies will have 31 Sp Attack, and they have a 2/5 chance of picking Speed for one of their other randomly pulled IVs.

If a single one of them has the "Alert to sounds" characteristic, it has 31 in Speed and Sp Attack. Congratulations. But a Lucario with 31 in these two stats could have either the "Mischievous" or "Alert to sounds" characteristics. I'm not sure of the odds exactly, but you don't need to know them because the stats judge in Gear Station will tell you if multiple stats are tied for that Pokemon's highest. If he says that Sp Attack and Speed are highest, congratulations. You've got two perfect IVs.

Step 3: Give your 31 Spd/SpA Lucario an Everstone and your 31 Attack Ditto a P. Bracer. Breed them a bunch. This follows all the same rules as the last step, except they have a roughly 1/10 chance of picking both stats if my math is right.

HP and Attack are slightly less likely to be passed down randomly, so you'll want to do them last. Otherwise the order doesn't matter.

Step 4: "Where's my 4, 5, or 6 perfect IVs recipe?" you're asking. Well, three of the Pokemon's IVs are guaranteed to be randomly generated, and each of those has a 1/32 chance of being perfect. This means, even if you somehow guarantee you're going to get perfect IVs from the parents, there's still a 1/32768 chance of getting perfect IVs.

So if you want to know how to get perfect IVs, RNG it or hack your game.

"The IVs for the baby are first created at random. Then, a random IV from either parent is inherited to the baby. Then, any random IV except an HP IV is selected from either parent and is passed to the baby. Finally, any random IV except an HP or Defense IV is selected from either parent and passed to the baby. These three random IVs may overlap, that is, the same random IV can be chosen to be inherited in the second, or third, IV transfer."

So, technically, you're not guaranteed to get that stat passed down from the parent even if it's holding the respective item. 

I'm pretty sure that's explanation is only relevant in the absence of a power item. I've probably bred 20-30 Pokemon off a power item and they've all had the appropriate IV.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 08:37:53 pm by penguinofhonor »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 06, 2013, 02:57:12 pm »

A little digging and I found this http://pokehacks.dabomstew.com/randomizer/ a Universal Pokemon Game Randomizer.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 06, 2013, 03:02:39 pm »

A little digging and I found this http://pokehacks.dabomstew.com/randomizer/ a Universal Pokemon Game Randomizer.
This is great! If I get a Game Over on my LP, I can continue the story :D

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 06, 2013, 03:03:26 pm »

Ooooo... crap. I really don't need another thing fighting for my time, but this is fantastic.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 06, 2013, 03:21:28 pm »

The Starter Pokemon choices.
The Wild Pokemon you encounter in grass, caves and other places.
The Pokemon that Trainers use against you.
The base stats which define the potential of each Pokemon.
The elemental types of each Pokemon.
The abilities of each Pokemon, in games where they exist.
The moves that Pokemon learn by gaining levels.
The contents of each TM which can be taught to Pokemon to give them additional moves (HM moves are not changed to make sure you can still beat the game)
The ability of each Pokemon to learn each TM or HM move.
The "static" Pokemon which you either are given, fight on the overworld, or are sold.
The names of trainers & the classes they belong in.
The moves taught by move tutors, for games within which they are significant enough.
It can change a lot.   :o
and
These include changing evolutions which require trading to no longer require trading (so you can obtain powerful Pokemon) and giving you the National Dex at the start of the game to allow you to look up Pokemon that were not intended to be available at the start of the original game.

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 06, 2013, 03:26:54 pm »

The Starter Pokemon choices.
The Wild Pokemon you encounter in grass, caves and other places.
The Pokemon that Trainers use against you.
The base stats which define the potential of each Pokemon.
The elemental types of each Pokemon.
The abilities of each Pokemon, in games where they exist.
The moves that Pokemon learn by gaining levels.
The contents of each TM which can be taught to Pokemon to give them additional moves (HM moves are not changed to make sure you can still beat the game)
The ability of each Pokemon to learn each TM or HM move.
The "static" Pokemon which you either are given, fight on the overworld, or are sold.
The names of trainers & the classes they belong in.
The moves taught by move tutors, for games within which they are significant enough.
It can change a lot.   :o
and
These include changing evolutions which require trading to no longer require trading (so you can obtain powerful Pokemon) and giving you the National Dex at the start of the game to allow you to look up Pokemon that were not intended to be available at the start of the original game.
The best part is that all of these can be enabled or disabled essentially at will, so if you want random Trainer names but not random Pokemon types, you can easily do this.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 06, 2013, 03:31:25 pm »

Damn... I'm going to have to bust this thing out. It looks incredibly awesome. I like how you can send the seeds/presets to other people so that you can essentially play the same game. I hope that I'm smelling a Bay12 Random Pokemon Super LP in the future...

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 06, 2013, 03:42:16 pm »

Damn... I'm going to have to bust this thing out. It looks incredibly awesome. I like how you can send the seeds/presets to other people so that you can essentially play the same game. I hope that I'm smelling a Bay12 Random Pokemon Super LP in the future...
That would be pretty cool  :D

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 06, 2013, 04:03:08 pm »

I could make a thread if enough people are interested. Don't expect me to be doing a lot of posting in that case. I'm busy enough as it is.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 06, 2013, 04:04:23 pm »

I could make a thread if enough people are interested. Don't expect me to be doing a lot of posting in that case. I'm busy enough as it is.

Hey, I'm down for it as long as it's Gen III or earlier :D

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 06, 2013, 04:13:46 pm »

No need to do it now, I was saying that it a cool idea.
I still need to beat Blaze Black 2 anyways.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 463