Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651195 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Don't let your bank run out without withdrawing!
« Reply #2790 on: February 11, 2014, 01:30:10 am »

I actually liked B2/W2, if only for one reason: the Pokemon World Tournament.  Why yes, I would like to face all the old gym leaders, either in their own brackets or in a combined bracket, or else a Champions bracket against Red, Blue, Lance, Steven, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, and the new Unova champion (who I'm not spoiling, just on the off chance), all with new remixed versions of their old themes.  Pokestar Studios was also fun, if a bit gimmicky, and I know that making movies got old for some people.  The story was definitely on the mediocre side at the very best, but Pokemon has never been known for its serious and gripping plot-crafting (even in B/W).  Still, on the whole, I would consider it a respectable addition to the Pokemon money machine.

EDIT: Ah.

I wouldn't mind an extended PWT with the protagonists of previous games and their rivals as well. I'd love to see Silver and Red vs ???/giovanni's son and Gary or something like that.

Each with their respective themes - May and Brendan sharing the Rival Theme, Wally a remix of the Trainer RSE theme, Barry his hilarious over the top rival theme, and you get the idea. Just so they're not deadweight outside of "rematch me pls".

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Don't let your bank run out without withdrawing!
« Reply #2791 on: February 11, 2014, 01:30:57 pm »

Serebii posted: Diancie is confirmed via movie title.
However distribution, time and method, of Diancie is so far unkown.

Yays now I can has Legendary Fairy Type that actually looks good.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: February 11, 2014, 02:49:04 pm »

I'm thinking of getting a used black/white (2) game to transfer my old Hoenn pokemon that's currently stuck in Diamond, (or Heart Silver, can't remember). Bank works on both black/white one and two, right?
Entropy is not what it used to be.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: February 11, 2014, 02:59:07 pm »

I'm thinking of getting a used black/white (2) game to transfer my old Hoenn pokemon that's currently stuck in Diamond, (or Heart Silver, can't remember). Bank works on both black/white one and two, right?
Yes Black White and Black 2 White 2. Confirmation? I did it myself with my White2 and then Black.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: February 11, 2014, 07:27:00 pm »

So something weird just happened in X. Was wandering around, encountered a Croagunk. Never had one before, so I weakened it and threw a Great Ball.

Instead of doing the standard three shakes before catching, the ball only shook once before the Croagunk was caught. Never seen that happen before.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: February 11, 2014, 07:29:20 pm »

So something weird just happened in X. Was wandering around, encountered a Croagunk. Never had one before, so I weakened it and threw a Great Ball.

Instead of doing the standard three shakes before catching, the ball only shook once before the Croagunk was caught. Never seen that happen before.

It's a critical capture, or something similar. Basically, ever attempt you make to catch has a small percentage chance of criting, making it an insta-catch with no chance of escape.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: February 11, 2014, 07:45:22 pm »

It's a critical capture, or something similar. Basically, ever attempt you make to catch has a small percentage chance of criting, making it an insta-catch with no chance of escape.
it can break after the first shake of the ball once the Pokemon is insdie the ball, if it shakes once, then clicks, It's a no-miss capture but inbetween that one shake and the click the pokemon can break out. 90% of my crit tosses since Black version have resulted in breakouts. my most recent one was day3 of GEN6 - a swirlix crit capt sound and animation but shook once, swirlix broke out.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: February 11, 2014, 07:53:54 pm »

I...never heard of a critical capture before. Interesting.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: February 11, 2014, 08:20:43 pm »

They are nice when they occur and succeed but they almost always occur when I do not mean to throw the pokeball.
Ie: I'm healing my status but accidentally tap the 'lasted used item' someone (firend, family) distracts me, I hit "a" and bam new critical captured (worthless) pokemon i was EV training against.
I think GTS got my crit captured pokemon for things i needed eggs from.

I'm like team flare: I have my own flair: Luxury balls all the way and if I must lose, at least I lose with a Stylish Flair.
I am so happy i can now hatch pokemon in lux balls. Starters included.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: February 11, 2014, 08:31:49 pm »

They are nice when they occur and succeed but they almost always occur when I do not mean to throw the pokeball.
Ie: I'm healing my status but accidentally tap the 'lasted used item' someone (firend, family) distracts me, I hit "a" and bam new critical captured (worthless) pokemon i was EV training against.

I'm like team flare: I have my own flair: Luxury balls all the way and if I must lose, at least I lose with a Stylish Flair.

I actually wish I could put Pokemon in different balls. I'm not really a fan of the ultra balls nor the great balls. I've been catching most of my Pokemon lately with just premier balls because of their neat and clean look.
Also often called Boowells.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: February 11, 2014, 09:37:07 pm »

I actually wish I could put Pokemon in different balls. I'm not really a fan of the ultra balls nor the great balls. I've been catching most of my Pokemon lately with just premier balls because of their neat and clean look.
To you a million kudos!

Way I see it all: if you can't stylize, personalize, or etc, then winning is pointless.
I like the design of the following pokeballs:
Luxury - my mark and fave ball. Any pokemon I plan on raising is likely in this ball unless another ball is perfect.
Love Ball - jokes aside I love this ball's effect and it's nice yet basic design between Lux Balls and this I really don't need another type for personal preferences.
Premier Ball - who doesn't like this Japanese themed Ball?
Cherish Ball - shame event only but Solid Red ball is awesome
Dusk Ball - nice little effect when emerging, I only use on darks or ghosts, namely Houndoom, Gengar, Umbreon & Sableye, but I rarely use these type so it doesn't do much.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:20:26 pm by RekkaAtsuma »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: February 11, 2014, 09:39:17 pm »

I caught Zygarde in a dusk ball because it matched the color scheme.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: February 11, 2014, 10:02:27 pm »

To you a million kudos!

Way I see it all: if you can't stylize, personalize, or etc, then winning is pointless.
Luxury - my mark and fave ball. Any pokemon I plan on raising is likely in this ball unless another ball is perfect.
Love Ball - jokes aside I love this ball's effect and it's nice yet basic design between Lux Balls and this I really don't need another type for personal preferences.
Dusk Ball - nice little effect when emerging, I only use on darks or ghosts, namely Houndoom, Gengar, Umbreonc & Sableye, but I rarely use these type so it doesn't do much.

...you rarely use ghost types?

No spinblocking?
Not even with the recent buff rendering steel no longer resistant to ghost?

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: February 11, 2014, 10:09:16 pm »

To you a million kudos!

Dusk Ball - nice little effect when emerging, I only use on darks or ghosts, namely Houndoom, Gengar, Umbreonc & Sableye, but I rarely use these type so it doesn't do much.

...you rarely use ghost types?

No spinblocking?
Not even with the recent buff rendering steel no longer resistant to ghost?
Do I have to put it in my username? Or my Signature? I rarely, if ever, play mutliplayer Vrs. and when I do it's all casual. I'm like Team Flare: Do it with style, win or lose.
So yeah, I rarely use ghosts. Though I'll say it again: A ghost normal type is my favorite ghost and favorite normal.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 463