Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 658198 times)

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Don't let your bank run out without withdrawing!
« Reply #2820 on: February 12, 2014, 07:30:24 pm »

Speaking of critical captures, I just got my first critical capture on a shiny Kirlia today. I was especially happy because the Kirlias sometimes use Teleport, and I definitely didn't want it escaping.

Had a 2nd successful critical capture today. Not sure why you guys were talking about having problems with them O_o
You mean me, keep at them, you'll see.
They have high chance of success, like better-then-ultra high, but not master level.

Anyways, furthering the convo on personalization, I am almost finished with my Trainer Customization for my male trainer.
I just need one item and can get it tomorrow if my luck holds out. I've even got the right hair, once i get this item he'll be perfect.
Then I can have him Ham it up in the PR vids.

I refuse to even try to get Xerneas or E4 taken care of until I perfect him(Due to cinematics in those events displaying your customized Trainer's awesomeness in better graphics). And I'm to Anistar which is where my final item is to be bought, tomorrow.

To be honest, I'm almost tempted to use the female trainer instead just because of better customization. I felt like the male trainer was kind of...boring in terms of options, really. In my opinion, the personalization of both trainers is rather weak, though.
Yeah, females get full body dresses and tons more hat accessories, they also get a few more sock-slot options, they also get an option to edit their bangs, I was displeased males do not.
Guys have the dress-slot greyed out and only get a fraction of the hat accessories and have like maybe 4 kinds of socks.

The customization is rather lacking, compared to something like Skyrim or Mass Effect, but given that it's a handheld game, on a system with a policy based more around gameplay, and this is the first time it's been available and the first time everything has been 3D except random trainer sprites in route battles...Yeah I can say that it's limited but: with all they added in, I'm surprised we got as much as we did, for both males and females.

I'm okay with limited as long as I can pull off my own look, and that's what happened here, so they get a good rating from me, but no cigar.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 08:27:07 pm by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Don't let your bank run out without withdrawing!
« Reply #2821 on: February 12, 2014, 09:52:33 pm »

Speaking of critical captures, I just got my first critical capture on a shiny Kirlia today. I was especially happy because the Kirlias sometimes use Teleport, and I definitely didn't want it escaping.

Had a 2nd successful critical capture today. Not sure why you guys were talking about having problems with them O_o
They have high chance of success, like better-then-ultra high, but not master level.

Anyways, furthering the convo on personalization, I am almost finished with my Trainer Customization for my male trainer.
I just need one item and can get it tomorrow if my luck holds out. I've even got the right hair, once i get this item he'll be perfect.

I refuse to even try to get Xerneas or E4 taken care of until I perfect him(Due to cinematics in those events displaying your customized Trainer's awesomeness in better graphics). And I'm to Anistar which is where my final item is to be bought, tomorrow.

To be honest, I'm almost tempted to use the female trainer instead just because of better customization. I felt like the male trainer was kind of...boring in terms of options, really. In my opinion, the personalization of both trainers is rather weak, though.
Yeah, females get full body dresses and tons more hat accessories, they also get a few more sock-slot options, they also get an option to edit their bangs, I was displeased males do not.
Guys have the dress-slot greyed out and only get a fraction of the hat accessories and have like maybe 4 kinds of socks.

The customization is rather lacking, compared to something like Skyrim or Mass Effect, but given that it's a handheld game, on a system with a policy based more around gameplay, and this is the first time it's been available and the first time everything has been 3D except random trainer sprites in route battles...Yeah I can say that it's limited but: with all they added in, I'm surprised we got as much as we did, for both males and females.

I'm okay with limited as long as I can pull off my own look, and that's what happened here, so they get a good rating from me, but no cigar.

Thank Armok I found this thread, I've been looking for an outlet for Pokemon-related ranting/discussion that I haven't already had with my circle of Pokemon-playing friends.

so anyway

This is one of several spots DF beats Pokemon, for sure.

I really wish that you could wear the mustache makeup from the PR Studio outside of the place.

What really bugs the heck out of me with the customization is that girls get like a million more hat styles, whereas guys get, hm, let's see... logo cap, outdoors cap, fedora, and the panda hat. And one of the logo caps is a ridiculous blend of green, purple, and orange.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: February 12, 2014, 10:09:54 pm »

Thank Armok I found this thread, I've been looking for an outlet for Pokemon-related ranting/discussion that I haven't already had with my circle of Pokemon-playing friends.

so anyway

This is one of several spots DF beats Pokemon, for sure.

I really wish that you could wear the mustache makeup from the PR Studio outside of the place.

What really bugs the heck out of me with the customization is that girls get like a million more hat styles, whereas guys get, hm, let's see... logo cap, outdoors cap, fedora, and the panda hat. And one of the logo caps is a ridiculous blend of green, purple, and orange.
There's the little beanie I'm wearing... comes in knit cap and camo cap variants, 4 knit cap types, 2 camo total of six in all, then the rest as you mentioned. All in all, guys get around 16-17 hats, girls, over 20.
To be fair though, the Girl's hats are less various in design, just more colors, four different shapes for girls(one has two name variants, one of such names comes in a wide range of colors), five different shapes for guys (hats anyways). (Note the logo cap and outdoors cap are similar in shape but the logo cap features a pointed top, the outdoors a flat top.)

I think the reason for girls getting more is the vast majority of Pokemon players are male, so that entices females to join.
Not to mention that realistically, women are into fashion much more than guys tend to be IRL and also women wear more articles of clothing in general, despite having less coverage on some outfits.

What really makes me like the guy customization is the fact I can pull my sig look off with Perfection.
The Female items don't come close...and yes I have a sig look for feminine fashion too.

And yeah i agree on the facial hair, heck Nintendo, everything in that room, let us has it game-wide!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:17:49 pm by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2824 on: February 13, 2014, 07:49:56 pm »

(removed a fight, please try to keep things under control)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: February 13, 2014, 07:59:32 pm »

...well then

In other news, sequel to... TROZEI?! Wait what?
It's FEF, not FEOF

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: February 13, 2014, 08:09:14 pm »

Is that Pokemon Bejeweled?

I like how the Youtube comments are treating it like the second coming.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: February 13, 2014, 08:39:15 pm »

...well then

...Trozei? The game that no one ever owned?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: February 13, 2014, 08:43:56 pm »

...well then

...Trozei? The game that no one ever owned?
Nintendo, the 3DS doesn't need help that badly. The WiiU does.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: February 13, 2014, 08:49:34 pm »

I believe the 3DS + 2DS have outsold the lifetime sales of the DS. Which is pretty nice to hear.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: February 13, 2014, 09:35:55 pm »

By the way, what d' you guys think of my team?

I don't use it for real competitive play, just a friend of mine who's been playing for years. Like, 8 of them. Against my two and a half.

Please avoid commenting on my talonflame's and greninja's awful abilities, I was going to arrange a trade with a generous fellow when heavy snowing destroyed my awful satellite wifi abilities.

GRENINJA
Ability: Torrent
Item: It's currently an amulet coin but I have no clue what to swap it with
Ice Beam
Surf
Extrasensory
Night Slash

TALONFLAME
Ability: Flame Body
Item: I forget and I'm too lazy to go get my 3ds, don't worry I checked before to make sure it's something good
Brave Bird
Fly
That fire move that boosts your speed after using it but only has like 60 damage
Flamethrower

WOBBUFFET (Wobuffet? Wobbuffet? dunno)
Ability: Shadow Tag (duh)
Item: none yet any ideas
Counter (duh)
Mirror Coat (duh)
Safeguard
Destiny Bond

LUCARIO
Ability: Steadfast
Item: Lucarionite
Aura Sphere
Close Combat
Metal Claw (fairy self defense)
Dragon Pulse

MALAMAR
Ability: Contrary (score)
Item: it was like black glasses or something
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Superpower
Psychic

ELECTRODE
Ability: Static
Item: Dunno, quick claw or the like
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Swift
Self-Destruct

So, what do you think? I use Lucario, Greninja, Talonflame, and Malamar as simple stock 'mons, Wobbuffet whose proper name I am too lazy to look up as the otherwise lacking tank, and Electrode as a means of beating my "amigo"'s Protean Greninja, whom I like to call Armok Incarnate.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: February 13, 2014, 09:45:51 pm »

For a review, I need to ask, what natures do they have, and did you EV/Super Train them in anything specific?  Since you don't play competitively, we can safely ignore IVs as irrelevant, but EVs are easy to train with Super Training even if you can't look up EV gains for hordes, and both have a huge effect on stats (and thus, what roles the Pokemon plays).  Also, I noticed a lot of mixed movesets (physical and special moves on the same Pokemon) as well as overlapping moves of the same type.  That has its uses, but it seems odd to see, for instance, a Talonflame with both Flame Charge and Flamethrower, or Brave Bird and Fly. 

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: February 13, 2014, 10:02:05 pm »

You should try to get a protean Greninja. Torrent Greninja is pretty bad. Protean basically gives Greninja 50% more damage on everything. Feel free to give protean Greninja life orb or choice specs or some other kind of damage item.

There's two kinds of Talonflame, there's flame body Talonflame for breeding eggs and there's gale wings Talonflame for killing everything. I also recommend getting rid of flamethrower and putting roost there instead. Don't really need flame charge as Talonflame's speed is already ridiculously high. Try u-turn or swords dance or will-o-wisp or something like that.

Destiny bond Wobbuffet is horrible. It's way way way way too slow to use it before dying. I guess since you're just fighting the AI it's not a big deal, but something else would probably be more useful.

Pretty sure Lucario has flash cannon. If you want a steel move, that's better.

Give Electrode explosion instead of self-destruct. It's the exact same thing except more damage.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: February 13, 2014, 11:32:48 pm »

So I've been kicking around this idea for years now but never tried to put it into practice.  I strongly suspect it is a gimmick that would not work, just because if it does I'm sure I would've seen it in use by now, but at the same time--hey, sometimes people ignore the odd 'mons just because they're odd.

The concept is pretty simple.  Something like this:

DUNSPARCE
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: Split between HP and Defense
Attacks:
Thunder Wave
Roost
Headbutt/Zen Headbutt
Rock Slide/Astonish

The last two moves could be any number of things; the important thing is that their secondary effect is flinching. 

Dunsparce isn't very fast, but Thunder Wave takes care of that.  Its max HP is somewhere in the 400s, and EV training Defense to counter most Fighting moves and Roost to erase whatever they do, the entire goal of this Dunsparce is to be annoying to the point of making your opponent scream, while slowly chipping them away.

And yes, this was entirely thought up because I love Dunsparce and wanted to see if there was any way to make it viable for more than single player.  Given that I've not tried it, this setup may not actually work at all; it may just not be able to stand up to the first few hits while you get Paralyze and such in place.  Or maybe you'd need to save it only for Baton Passing a speed boost onto, though I'd like the idea that it can stand alone at least some.

I'm sure a Togekiss could do all this and better, but I wanted to use Dunsparce.  I'm not much of a min-maxer I suppose.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 11:36:26 pm by Wirevix »
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: February 13, 2014, 11:41:32 pm »

Paraflinch Dunsparce is kinda the only way to use Dunsparce.

Replace thunder wave with glare so you can paralyze ground and other stuff that's normally immune to it.

You can also get coil so you can do more damage. Coil is basically like bulk up, wherein you get more damage and defense. You also get more accuracy, but all of Dunsparce's moves have 100% accuracy anyway.

Or if you're feeling lucky, you can replace glare with body slam and do damage while betting on the 60% chance to transfer paralysis.

----

It's basically the physical version of Togekiss, except with glare and some nice STAB physical moves. Also a lot weaker, but who cares when you can paralyze everything and their mothers.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 463