Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651696 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

That said, Wailord is actually one of the few reasonable examples of that trend - it's apparently based on a blimp, so it's naturally lighter than air.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just realized that a lot of people in the Pokemon universe are seriously packing heat.
Nekkoala is sleep themed. It apparently never wakes up and has the ability "Absolute Sleep" which makes it immune to non-sleep statuses.
Wait, what? So is it also immune to sleep or is sleep talk mandatory on it?

Yeah sorry, I got the "never wakes up" part from someone doing an off-the-cuff translation, but it turns out they were just speculating on that part, it's not actually in the text. Culise is right about the rest. Didn't mean to spread misinformation.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

That said, Wailord is actually one of the few reasonable examples of that trend - it's apparently based on a blimp, so it's naturally lighter than air.

Doesn't explain Wailmer. It's 130kg / 286lbs @ 6'07 height, and its pokedex entry states it fills itself with water to bounce around on. Surely if it was spherical, roughly 2m tall, it'd weigh more than 130kg?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Who said that number is post filling itself with water? :P

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Doesn't explain Wailmer. It's 130kg / 286lbs @ 6'07 height, and its pokedex entry states it fills itself with water to bounce around on. Surely if it was spherical, roughly 2m tall, it'd weigh more than 130kg?
While the water thing can be explained by the fact that it's probably playing with the water as talked about in the pokedex, you should perhaps wonder instead about this:

It eats one ton of food every day. It plays by shooting stored seawater out its blowholes with great force.

One ton = 907kg. Per day.

What did the professors do? Starve it to death then weigh it?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Had a dream I wanted the latest pokemon.

I have a feeling I don't, but I am gonna check the price anyway.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

It'll almost for sure be either $30 or $40, like every other 3DS game I've wanted to get that has more than a digital form.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

I just realized that a lot of people in the Pokemon universe are seriously packing heat.
Nekkoala is sleep themed. It apparently never wakes up and has the ability "Absolute Sleep" which makes it immune to non-sleep statuses.
Wait, what? So is it also immune to sleep or is sleep talk mandatory on it?

Yeah sorry, I got the "never wakes up" part from someone doing an off-the-cuff translation, but it turns out they were just speculating on that part, it's not actually in the text. Culise is right about the rest. Didn't mean to spread misinformation.
No problem.  I still remember when I was responsible for spreading the rumours of Adaptability Mega-Latios and Multiscale Dragon/Fairy Mega-Latias here a couple years back, so there's always worse than a bit of a mistranslation. ^_^
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 04:31:33 pm by Culise »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It'll almost for sure be either $30 or $40, like every other 3DS game I've wanted to get that has more than a digital form.

My local store charges 10 dollars more then X and Y

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

No problem.  I still remember when I was responsible for spreading the rumours of Adaptability Mega-Latios and Multiscale Dragon/Fairy Mega-Latias here a couple years back, so there's always worse than a bit of a mistranslation. ^_^
Haha, it's like that time someone got mistaken about Rayquaza getting a mega form that could hold items while having the highest base stats in the game while having no flying-type weaknesses and having a super signature move that owns everything.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Haha, it's like that time someone got mistaken about Rayquaza getting a mega form that could hold items while having the highest base stats in the game while having no flying-type weaknesses and having a super signature move that owns everything.
Oh my gosh, I know, right?  That would have been absolutely horrifying if it had been true.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Oh my gosh, I know, right?  That would have been absolutely horrifying if it had been true.
Good thing we nipped that rumor in the bud.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

https://youtu.be/9Ojd6FzTaEM
New Trailer with new pokemans and a new 4 person free for all battle format. Also nice new battle theme music
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everytime I watch those I go "Ohh yeah they don't have a Woodpecker pokemon yet do they?"

Then I checked Hummingbird pokemon and yep doesn't exist yet either... but bonus points that the Fanmade pokemon are often amazing!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

Quote from: Serebii
17:21: Ledyba can be found in Route 1 of the game. The move lists can bring up full details and tell you if the move will be effective, super effective, or not effective on the opponent Pokémon
17:26: You can now see how a stat has been altered via moves in battle
17:26: Ledyba is #020 in the Alola Region Pokédex and will show you the evolution chain or if it forms a pair
17:28: New Pokémon called Yungoos. It's always hungry and can be found in Route 1. It is Normal-type. Ability is Stake Out/Strong Jaw
17:35: New Pokémon called Pikipek. It is Normal/Flying-type. Its abilities are Keen Eye and Skill Link. It has two evolutions and is #010 in the Alola Pokédex.
17:37: There is a festival in the next town that kicks off your journey. It's where you battle Hau where he has a Pichu
17:42: Popplio can know Disarming Voice
17:44: A new Battle mode called Battle Royale where four players play with 3 Pokémon, each sending out one at a time. It's a Free-For-All battle but when the first trainer loses all their Pokémon, the game ends and players are tallied up by defeated Pokémon and remaining Pokémon and that determines the winner.
Edit @ 17:55: Our New Pokémon Page has been updated with the two new Pokémon. A new trailer has also been added Edit @ 17:56: A new Pokémon has been revealed called Grubbin. It is a Bug-type and its ability is Swarm
18:07: Stakeout's effect: This Ability means that the Pokémon’s moves can deal twice the normal damage to any Pokémon that switches in or enters the field mid-battle. Soul Heart's effect: This Ability raises Magearna’s Special Attack by 1 each time another Pokémon in the arena faints.
It also noted the change in the appearance of Solgaleo and Lunala while they do their signature moves as being called Radiant Sun phase & Full Moon phase
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 463