Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651688 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Not unless they let you hold a mega stone and a Z-Crystal at the same time. Z-Attacks being exclusive from mega evolution could actually be a cool strategic decision on some Pokemon.
M-Rayquaza doesn't need to hold a mega stone.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Not unless they let you hold a mega stone and a Z-Crystal at the same time. Z-Attacks being exclusive from mega evolution could actually be a cool strategic decision on some Pokemon.
...sorry, but Mega-Ray doesn't have a Mega Stone.  Its Mega Evolution is unlocked by knowing Dragon Ascent, a 120 BP/100 Accuracy Flying move that you'd want to have anyways for STAB and power.  Strap on a Z-Crystal, which is almost certainly going to unlock a powerful move to make up for having an effective PP of 1, and...(EDIT: Ah, as umiman said above.)

Actually, Mega-Ray is one of the few Pokemon I see not needing a Z-Move.  I don't see any mention of type restrictions based on the Pokemon, only that it's tied to a held item.  Mega-Ray doesn't really need any extra moves for coverage or power.  If it is tied to the Crystal instead of the item, this may actually be a way to supplant or supplement Hidden Power rather than simply being an uber-powerful STAB move. 

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

)':
There are, in fact, three things that could be earth-types: rock, ground, and grass types. But its ok though.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

...sorry, but Mega-Ray doesn't have a Mega Stone.  Its Mega Evolution is unlocked by knowing Dragon Ascent, a 120 BP/100 Accuracy Flying move that you'd want to have anyways for STAB and power.  Strap on a Z-Crystal, which is almost certainly going to unlock a powerful move to make up for having an effective PP of 1, and...(EDIT: Ah, as umiman said above.)

Actually, Mega-Ray is one of the few Pokemon I see not needing a Z-Move.  I don't see any mention of type restrictions based on the Pokemon, only that it's tied to a held item.  Mega-Ray doesn't really need any extra moves for coverage or power.  If it is tied to the Crystal instead of the item, this may actually be a way to supplant or supplement Hidden Power rather than simply being an uber-powerful STAB move.
We'd have to see.

If the Z-move is like 120 damage then... meh. It's not that impressive. Useful in some cases but it's kinda like having a STAB hyper beam or something that you can only use once. So it'll be workable in competitive and might see some use here and there depending on the Pokemon.

If it was like 250 damage then it'd be OP as fuck.

Edit: I say that but since I run protect / substitute / some kind of defensive move on almost everyone... do I really care if he blows that move on my protect?

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Z-moves seem okay. They look cool. I am neutral.
Why is nobody discussing the actual new Pokémon though? They're awesome! I am especially impressed with the darwin's-dancefinches, the meteor-with-a-chewy-fruity-centre, and the flower-mantis-flower.

Of course we all know the true star of the entire trailer was the Exeggutor at the beginning.
Look at that face on the middle egg. That look of sheer wonderment. It's like "WOWW! I CAN SEE EVERYTHING UP HERE!"

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

I want that orchid mantis's swordbeam. It sounds like its just a physical version of solarbeam, but its too freaking awesome to pass up.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 07:05:18 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ray is probably the most broken legendary ever created in terms of what the developers will do for it...

Including performing some serious blasphemy and giving another pokemon's signature attack to it.

the meteor-with-a-chewy-fruity-centre

Because it is the 3rd pokemon of this type so far... and at this point I think Pokémon NEEDS a game set in space.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

That clerk probably had their job threatened over that. Nintendo has made it very clear that if we screw up any further than we already have, they're going to stop cooperating with us. Breaking street date, even on stuff like this, really hurts our relationship with our vendors.
District Leaders and Regional Leaders love to threaten our jobs. Many of them are either hired from outside the company with no frontline retail experience whatsoever, or are only in their position because they've worked in the same job forever and are now jaded, bitter assholes.

Really? That's a bit extreme. The code doesn't even work until the actual event date.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PFFT!

People are giving credit to Alola Pokémon to Pokémon Insurgence (a pokemon fangame with delta pokemon)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile

why don't they know deltas were a thing in the tcg first?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

why don't they know deltas were a thing in the tcg first?

They do, but they are saying because Insurgence featured non-paletswapped deltas that obviously Nintendo got the idea from them.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My only problem with the new spoiler is that the flaming flamenco-dancing bird isn't a flamingo.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My only problem with the new spoiler is that the flaming flamenco-dancing bird isn't a flamingo.

What I don't get is why do they always use these gimmicks on the low grade pokemon people get rid of immediately?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Because that's like 90% of the roster.

PERKERMERN

Z-moves sound pretty dumb, but I said the same thing about mega so I guess we'll see what happens.
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because that's like 90% of the roster.

No, I mean the REALLY low end of the roster.

I don't think any of them even approached the 50% mark... When Furfrou is probably the best gimmick pokemon...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 10:12:03 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 463