_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5763291 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Asscrack:Nature's filing cabinet.
« Reply #5265 on: August 12, 2012, 10:41:28 pm »

Choose Avatar of war, Plasma projector and megaton charge.

((I was thinking of using a ARSC but it probably been impossible to use anyway.))
>Select location
Front lines
Preparing to drop
Rear lines

Blast him.

His chance to go peacefully is over.
[dex:3-1]
[worker dex:3]
[worker str:4]
[end:3]
[con:2+1+1-1]
The worker brings his club down directly on your helmet, filling your ears with ringing and your eyes with stars. You squeeze of a stunned shot, clipping the worker in the leg.

Implement the exoskeleton neckbrace into the neck armor and connect it to the helmet. Then put the lot onto a dummy and see how it handles it with the brace activated when standing, walking, running, jumping and crawling.
Thanks to the weight being supported on the shoulders and movement being handled by mechanical muscles the helmet doesn't seem to effect the dummy.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: August 12, 2012, 10:43:05 pm »

Try it on myself. Monitor exhaustion and effort levels. How good can I move around in it?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: August 13, 2012, 01:09:04 am »

Punch Roger in the solar plexus.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: August 13, 2012, 04:42:46 am »

Preparing to drop.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5269 on: August 13, 2012, 09:57:59 am »

Try it on myself. Monitor exhaustion and effort levels. How good can I move around in it?
You run around for a bit with your new helmet on, jumping, rolling and otherwise messing around. It doesn't feel much different from a normal helmet except when you lean too far in any direction, such as trying to bend forward at the waist. When you do that you shift the weight off your shoulders and put it on your back or waist.

Preparing to drop.
The screen fades and distorts for an instant and then you're in pitch black. A moment later a display winks on, illuminating the metal tomb you're now in with dull blue light. Your arms are covered in NTSE ports, as are your legs, each circular metal stud branching into dozens of wires that run in banded cables into the walls around you, feeding information from your nervous system into the machine. The display slowly ticks through systems, performing automated checks as the machine starts up.

The intercom crackles for an instant.
"30 seconds till drop"

Punch Roger in the solar plexus.
Fake a head punch, then kick from the other side.
[roger dex:1]
[timmy dex:2]
Timmy swings a punch at Roger's chest while Roger feints a punch and goes in for a kick to the temple. Timmy ends up hooking Roger's leg with is arm and the resulting complex shifts in momentum end with both of them laying flat on their back, side by side.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: August 13, 2012, 10:05:21 am »

"Rodger."

Wait for drop.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:07:17 am by Tavik Toth »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: August 13, 2012, 10:13:04 am »

"Surrender or die!"

Attempt to wrestle the worker into submission.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: August 13, 2012, 10:49:00 am »

Bishop takes off the helmet and puts it on the workbench and stares at it for a minute, looking at the monstrosity. He then spawns a table and promptly flips it with his hands.

"FUCK THIS! I've had enough of this shit! I'll have the armory master do this instead."

He disconnects and steps out of the machine.

Go see Armory Master about her recommendations for small protective suits.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: August 13, 2012, 10:58:13 am »

Elbow Roger in the chest, roll away and get up.
"You know, we seem to be pretty evenly matched. Have you had any training?"
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 11:00:12 am by Harry Baldman »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: August 13, 2012, 12:39:34 pm »

Question for the GM: What good is handiwork for anyway? I mean, when I read through the mission thread and saw how one of the bags of meatplayers broke his custom razer, he didn't use handiwork to try and fix it but instead used Aux, which I thought was just for computers and stuff like that.

Also, why does the Technician have penalties to two majorly important skills, where as all the other professions have only penalties to one, or two minor skills instead? Is it because of how you can use handiwork to your advantage somehow?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: August 13, 2012, 04:01:36 pm »

Question for the GM: What good is handiwork for anyway? I mean, when I read through the mission thread and saw how one of the bags of meatplayers broke his custom razer, he didn't use handiwork to try and fix it but instead used Aux, which I thought was just for computers and stuff like that.

((Wait a second, that is a good question. My action would have constituted a Handiwork roll, not an Aux.

Especially as defined by Aux, The operation of things that are not purely weapons, or of weapons that are part of large systems. Includes mecha, exosuits, space ships and other vehicles, as well as computer controlled weapons, drones and etc.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: August 13, 2012, 04:08:11 pm »

((Wait a second, that is a good question. My action would have constituted a Handiwork roll, not an Aux.
Especially as defined by Aux, The operation of things that are not purely weapons, or of weapons that are part of large systems. Includes mecha, exosuits, space ships and other vehicles, as well as computer controlled weapons, drones and etc.))
((Your action was "examining" the damage. I have the impression the handiwork would only be used if you tried to "fix" the equipment, since it implies use of motor abilities. I think.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: August 13, 2012, 04:10:48 pm »

Roll away and stand up
"I was in the Army for a while and got some training, but it was mostly grappling and beating people with rifles.  A lot of it is experience from before that."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: August 13, 2012, 04:14:32 pm »

((Your action was "examining" the damage. I have the impression the handiwork would only be used if you tried to "fix" the equipment, since it implies use of motor abilities. I think.))
((Or maybe the Aux bit was because it's a fairly complex system, rather than a singular weapon?

Or maybe PW just screwed up/leaned oddly in an edge case.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5279 on: August 13, 2012, 08:10:15 pm »

"Rodger."

Wait for drop.

You sit back against your seat and yawn a bit as the display finishes it's checks and displays a blinking "FUNCTIONAL" before turning off. A moment later you're looking out of the eyes of the Avatar, not there is much to see right now. You count off the seconds until you feel a heavy metallic clunk shake through you; the doors below you begin to open. The burning orange haze from the battlefield below filters in and swirls around you as the rail system shuttles you down and into position to drop, the other payloads before you clicking along before you and vanishing as they fall. You reach the end of the line and wait as the last load falls away and vanishes into a black speck on the blasted lands below. The red light beside you blinks on and a klaxon blares out a single tone before you're falling. 

"Impact in 20. Deploying gravity parachute"

The air around you distorts as a built in field manipulator reduces your personal gravity to the point that landing, even at such high speeds, won't injure you. You scream down toward the chaos below; nothing but a seething tide of flesh and fire boiling up toward you. You land strangely softly as the gravity parachute deactivates. All around you is battle: men fire at the Altered hordes that are even now overwhelming them.

"Surrender or die!"

Attempt to wrestle the worker into submission.

[dex:4]
[worker dex:1]
[str: 2]
[Worker str:1]
You leap up off the ground and tackle the bleeding man to the ground, trying to pin his arm behind him. You get your hands around his wrist but can't manage to get it up in the right position, though the worker does break his wrist in the struggle.

Bishop takes off the helmet and puts it on the workbench and stares at it for a minute, looking at the monstrosity. He then spawns a table and promptly flips it with his hands.

"FUCK THIS! I've had enough of this shit! I'll have the armory master do this instead."

He disconnects and steps out of the machine.

Go see Armory Master about her recommendations for small protective suits.
[speech:5-1]
You walk up to the armory master and explain your current and increasingly frustrating situation. She shrugs.

"It is as it is. You want something that is strong enough to take a nuke but is light enough to be worn without any side effects. You may be chasing an impossible goal, especially if you want it to be anything like affordable. Only thing I could tell you is to look into automated field manipulators, they might give you the desired results, even if they're a bit less reliable then straight armor."

Also, why does the Technician have penalties to two majorly important skills, where as all the other professions have only penalties to one, or two minor skills instead? Is it because of how you can use handiwork to your advantage somehow?
Well, that particular roll was a bit special since he could never have fixed it because he didn't have the part. That roll was just to see if he realized that. It could have gone either handi or aux.

Now about those other two, the  good of handiwork is making things. It's also used in specific repair cases where you need to jury rig repairs. It's basically your "craft" skill.

As per the tech's negatives...well they were based more on roleplaying than gaming logic to be honest, so they, among other things, may need balancing. The again, once [Censored] happens and [censored] changes, their negatives might be a lot less of a problem.

Roll away and stand up
"I was in the Army for a while and got some training, but it was mostly grappling and beating people with rifles.  A lot of it is experience from before that."
Elbow Roger in the chest, roll away and get up.
"You know, we seem to be pretty evenly matched. Have you had any training?"
[roger dex:6]
[timmy dex:6]

You both roll in an attempt to get away from each other and end up spooning.

((Or maybe the Aux bit was because it's a fairly complex system, rather than a singular weapon?

Or maybe PW just screwed up/leaned oddly in an edge case.))
Yeah probably that last bit more then anything.
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 2101