Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1082883 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r4
« Reply #3285 on: November 22, 2015, 11:15:43 am »

Not really besides going to github and reading through the df-structures.xml file?

It's not a stable thing, since you'd have to go in and manually edit historical events and try to track down all the links to them, tightrope in high winds with no safety net at all.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: November 22, 2015, 04:40:33 pm »

There's a point where you probably want to make a script for it.

That is the exact point.

My process for writing scripts is basically that; go into the lua interface (or gm-editor, if you prefer), go through each step of the process to do what you want and write that step down. If it works, you basically already have a script.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: November 23, 2015, 08:03:32 am »

There's a point where you probably want to make a script for it.

That is the exact point.

My process for writing scripts is basically that; go into the lua interface (or gm-editor, if you prefer), go through each step of the process to do what you want and write that step down. If it works, you basically already have a script.
And if it doesn't, you have yet another way to instantly induce a crash or corrupt a save :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: November 23, 2015, 04:37:25 pm »

Corrupting a save with a script is pretty hard to do accidentally, and I play around with shit like moving sites, renaming them, altering historical relationships, or flat out inserting artifact creation events/references.

I've successfully changed the parental links for the kid of an adventurer I got pregnant with dfusion, adding the father back in and having them respond properly, and be recorded correctly in all game screens. Totally renamed forts so all references to it point to the right position, actually moved sites around cleanly.

As long as you don't deliberately remove anything without clearing the pointers to it or try specifically to screw up a save, I don't see how you would corrupt one just writing a lua script.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: November 23, 2015, 04:47:44 pm »

How commonly-used is dfusion, by the way? There's a discussion about removing it on Github, but I'm not sure how much would need to be converted to scripts.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: November 23, 2015, 04:54:42 pm »

I use it for Fortbent (transformation into different creatures that ought still be citizens is an important part of the mod) and nothing else. This will be obsolete as of the next version of DF, which would probably be the best time to replace it; AFAIK, all the non-friendship functionality is easily replacable.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: November 23, 2015, 05:00:41 pm »

How commonly-used is dfusion, by the way? There's a discussion about removing it on Github, but I'm not sure how much would need to be converted to scripts.
I use it for easier body-swapping/reincarnation, plus its heal command can bring things back to life where full-heal can't. Impregnate is useful too.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: November 23, 2015, 05:05:40 pm »

plus its heal command can bring things back to life where full-heal can't. Impregnate is useful too.

1. What situations would that be?
2. Yeah, that's easily replacable. I've already made a pregnancy script, in fact.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: November 23, 2015, 05:14:30 pm »

Both have their advantages. Full-heal can heal better, but dfusion can restore you to life in adventure mode. Try it.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: November 23, 2015, 05:29:41 pm »

I don't see anything from looking at the source that should prevent full-heal from working in adventure mode. Is it just impossible to select yourself after you die in adventure mode?

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: November 23, 2015, 05:41:06 pm »

No, it just doesn't bring you back to life. Dfusion does. What dfusion doesn't do is heal you properly. It's a bit broken.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: November 23, 2015, 06:08:15 pm »

Try replacing this section in full-heal.lua (starting at line 134 in 0.40.24-r4):
Code: [Select]
    for i=0,#v-1,1 do
        v[i].on_fire = false
        v[i].missing = false
        v[i].organ_loss = false
        v[i].organ_damage = false
        v[i].muscle_loss = false
        v[i].muscle_damage = false
        v[i].bone_loss = false
        v[i].bone_damage = false
        v[i].skin_damage = false
        v[i].motor_nerve_severed = false
        v[i].sensory_nerve_severed = false
    end
with this:
Code: [Select]
    for i=0,#v-1,1 do
        v[i].whole = 0
    end

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: November 23, 2015, 06:47:53 pm »

No, it just doesn't bring you back to life. Dfusion does. What dfusion doesn't do is heal you properly. It's a bit broken.

Have you tried using -r? It works perfectly for me.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: November 23, 2015, 06:57:09 pm »

Oh what? There are more options? Okay then, I didn't know.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: November 24, 2015, 01:47:08 am »

Main thing I do with dfusion is change adventurer, which can also be moved to a new script. The sites thing is handy but I like the claim a site reaction hook one more, and though that hooks into dfusion it can also be moved out of it.
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 360