Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1083597 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #3900 on: March 05, 2016, 02:05:14 am »

babies are counted as riding the mothers, I believe.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: March 05, 2016, 02:16:23 am »

sorry for referring to 0.40.26 still but tele-dwarves kinda cause babies to be abandoned, random babies lying around most of the time.  either they don't hunger/thirst or my absolute laziness waiting for the right phase of game to "be normal" on one of my worlds keeping teledwarf on is having dwarves provide... but they're perfectly fine and even grow up.
Considering the way teledwarf works (by checking every unit on every tick to see if they're pathing, then teleporting them to the path destination should there be one), that doesn't surprise me in the slightest. "Teleporting" here refers to a process where all occupancy flags at the beginning and ending locations are set up properly for the new positions, the teleporting unit's laying-down flag is set as appropriate for if there's a standing creature at the destination, and the teleporting creature's position is set to the destination. Note that none of that accounts for babies, which I have no idea how the game keeps track of babies being held (some sort of general ref?)

Quoting for the benefit of a bug report - https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/835
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

gasznak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: March 05, 2016, 08:20:21 am »

0.42.06-alpha1 is up: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.42.06-alpha1
It contains some more fixes than the builds from yesterday, but the new stuff could also introduce problems that people didn't find earlier, so back things up, report problems, etc.

Thank you kind sir for you awesome work!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: March 05, 2016, 11:04:55 am »

Trying to insert a string class value, but getting "Type 'string not found". They're all over the raws, so the structure can't be opaque to anyone. Do I need to add a delimiter, or reference it in some esoteric fashion?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: March 05, 2016, 01:40:39 pm »

Try using stl;?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: March 05, 2016, 02:24:43 pm »

Type 'stl; not found.

Btw, I'm doing this on command line, not lua interpreter. I'm trying to mod a generated reaction so the mod would be effective in a generated world. I need to add strings to a string vector, and I can add any wildly inappropriate value to it, but...not strings?

EDIT: Doh, sorry, I'm doing this in gm-editor, not command line or lua.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 02:28:25 pm by Uzu Bash »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: March 05, 2016, 02:55:54 pm »

How do I use reaction-product-trigger? I suspect it has something to do with my limited understanding of all programming languages that are not java, but I can't find anything on the arguments part of the file that indicates how to tell it which product to cause it to trigger.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: March 05, 2016, 04:37:10 pm »

Where would typenames be defined? Is there documentation on available types and their structures? It boggles the mind that something as critical to any programming as string types aren't somehow defined in a way that can be referenced by the user.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: March 05, 2016, 04:54:40 pm »

The issue is with gm-editor not being able to create strings, because its type selection dialog only searches for types of DF data (e.g. when given "viewscreen", it uses "df.viewscreen", but "df.string" isn't a valid type). It would be possible to have it fall back to primitive types (like string, as well as int32_t, bool, etc.), although those are a little trickier to validate.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: March 05, 2016, 05:24:35 pm »

The issue is with gm-editor not being able to create strings, because its type selection dialog only searches for types of DF data (e.g. when given "viewscreen", it uses "df.viewscreen", but "df.string" isn't a valid type). It would be possible to have it fall back to primitive types (like string, as well as int32_t, bool, etc.), although those are a little trickier to validate.
Would copy/paste be a simple work-around? That would be useful for transferring other data types to other vectors, or duplicating one with values close to the ones desired and then editing it.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: March 05, 2016, 05:32:39 pm »

Duplication of elements within a vector would be pretty easy, but copying/pasting elements between vectors would probably be harder than adding support for primitive data types.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: March 05, 2016, 05:56:51 pm »

Yeah you gotta do the lua interpreter bit to get a string in, I think?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: March 05, 2016, 10:40:41 pm »

Oops, I was assuming c++

I hadn't even considered it could be Lua or something.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: March 06, 2016, 03:12:04 am »

How do I use reaction-product-trigger? I suspect it has something to do with my limited understanding of all programming languages that are not java, but I can't find anything on the arguments part of the file that indicates how to tell it which product to cause it to trigger.

The first step is to decide whether you want reaction-trigger or reaction-product-trigger. reaction-trigger fires scripts when custom reactions complete, and reaction-product-trigger fires once per item produced. If your reaction produces nothing you should use reaction-trigger. If you have a reaction that produces an item with a certain probability then you want reaction-product-trigger. reaction-trigger also cannot give you direct access to the input items or output items.

Code: [Select]
modtools/reaction-product-trigger -reactionName MAKE_CLAY_JUG -command [ devel/print-args "worker id = " \\WORKER_ID ", input items = " \\INPUT_ITEMS ", output items = " \\OUTPUT_ITEMS ]

This should print things when the MAKE_CLAY_JUG reaction produces a clay jug. You can use the same syntax to forward the relevant information to a script you write and then do something more interesting than printing it.

If you have something more specific in mind I can help more.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: March 06, 2016, 03:25:09 am »

sorry for referring to 0.40.26 still but tele-dwarves kinda cause babies to be abandoned, random babies lying around most of the time.  either they don't hunger/thirst or my absolute laziness waiting for the right phase of game to "be normal" on one of my worlds keeping teledwarf on is having dwarves provide... but they're perfectly fine and even grow up.
Considering the way teledwarf works (by checking every unit on every tick to see if they're pathing, then teleporting them to the path destination should there be one), that doesn't surprise me in the slightest. "Teleporting" here refers to a process where all occupancy flags at the beginning and ending locations are set up properly for the new positions, the teleporting unit's laying-down flag is set as appropriate for if there's a standing creature at the destination, and the teleporting creature's position is set to the destination. Note that none of that accounts for babies, which I have no idea how the game keeps track of babies being held (some sort of general ref?)

Quoting for the benefit of a bug report - https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/835

If someone could upload a small save with a dwarf carrying a baby that would save developer time a bit fixing it.
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 360