Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 612388 times)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [11/∞] Game Thread/IC (Started and still recruiting)
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2014, 04:03:07 am »

"I want a big hole in the middle, like a donut world that would give us more space to put mountain and ocean on."
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2014, 04:49:40 am »

"I agree with the suggestion of the great shadow," Kli quietly states. "Reality bends to our wills, therefore, any alterations may take place at any time afterwards."
After speaking, Kli returns to being a silent observer of the discussion.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2014, 05:54:07 am »

"While I greatly enjoy observing intent of creation, I must interfere here. I aprove of creating realms and living beings, yet there are flaws in designs you offer for both. If we have two interconected worlds and the spirits of people would travel to another on death, what would happen if a war broke out on both simultaneously, and the number of dying greatly exceded number of being born? We would end up with great numbers of lost souls, doomedd to wander between the realms. Furthermore, the mortals should not be created in a way that would force them to worship us, otherwise, their worship would be the same as one of us praising himself. No better would be creations of limited mind, for they too would nothing more than an extension of the one who created them. Among us there is only one truly capable of creating true life, and that is Varee. With proper moderation from the rest of us, he could create beings of free will, people that would afiliate themselves with deity by choice."
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2014, 06:38:01 am »

"And what if they do not want to affiliate themselves? We must awe them the moment they become truly free, and to do that, we need to show them both what we, they, and they with our aid are capable of, through giving them the freedoms gradually, to guide them to the right choice. Thus, we should create them bound to our will and sow the seeds of sapience, morality and creativity bit by bit."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2014, 07:07:13 am »

Tick 02.5: Shapes emerge

There is much discussion among the newborn and newly arrived gods, mostly about the arrangement of the much-needed worlds and their inhabitants. Somewhat unexpectedly, given their diversity, there is little bickering. They appear to be rapidly approaching a decision to be enforced by the as yet-unnamed council—indeed, the first such decision! This will prove to be a grand resolution with far-reaching effects that will influence the form, inhabitants, and laws of the future also-unnamed-'verse.

Now, there is still much room for creation and modification.

(This summary is about 5 hours old. It probably shows.)

Spoiler: Deities (+1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (+1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (+1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New players (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2014, 07:10:46 am »

"You are all foolish! What you speak of is uncertain, and weak in it's very foundation! I tell you now, we must be strong now, let them have choice later, if you want them to. To me, choice is just treachery and dishonour in sweet clothing. And for those who wish to see them suffer and die in short lives, you call me self-loving and self-serving, you are right, I wish them to not be forcefully stolen, and know of their stolen freedom beforehand. Also, you are just as self serving, green leech, you wish them to suffer, just for your own. I accept this, hopefully MY people may save yours, before they see theirs, AND YOUR, eternal judgement as Envy's toys
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2014, 07:20:27 am »

"Let us not be too hasty with our remarks here; if one god wishes for there to be a free-willed race, then he shall receive one. If he wishes the opposite, he too shall receive one. We all have our own ways of going about our duties, yet I see no need for a heated dispute on the nature and meaning of free will." Kli looks warily at the golden-scale dragon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2014, 07:26:30 am »

Tell me, what purpose the period of unconciousness will serve?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2014, 07:59:46 am »

"I did not mean complete unconsciousness. I meant gradual learning and freedom for an easy landing to true free will. As the creatures slowly gain their independence of us, they understand how dependent they have been, and will not renounce us, out of their own free will. While we can't make them worship us, we can teach them how good doing so is to them. With a strong, logical argument, generations after them will keep giving us their worship. Immediately giving them free will might lead to them making rash decisions before they understand the workings of the world, and when the later generations notice this, they might act unpredictably. It is a good idea to plan for the future, you should know this."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2014, 09:45:57 am »

Sleep is for the weak, isn't it?
---------

I look toward the ocean god, disapprovingly.

"What purpose would making the world a desert have? We can make it a lush paradise with little more effort. We have no purpose for life bringers if the world itself acts as a life bringing. I would assume a water god such as yourself would detest the desert, not suggest it. Besides, that would block of the night sky one of us loves so much, and is simply untested. Why not go with a simpler, more practical design?"

"The sapients must have arms and legs, and the ability to do things for itself, at the very least to arm itself. What would be the purpose of making them if they could not perform the actions we need to survive? As for their 'free will', it matters not to me. Perhaps we should give the mortals free will, as an experiment, with the immortals as our devout followers? We can always change the mortals their next cycle if it fails, and it is my view that that was the intent in the first place. There will be no lost souls, as we are gods. If there are no births, we can send them to the world anyway if we so desire. There is no reason they can not be born a beast for a cycle. Failing that, we may simply wait for an opportunity to send them in, keeping them in the third realm until we get our chance."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2014, 10:33:53 am »

A fine idea, Fusil. Practical solution for a problem. I can apreciate that. As for the land and sentients, the exact form of either is irrelevant, if we make them compatible. I would preffer a world where stone wood and metals were abundant, I care little abaut other factors. The mortals theemselves could be fully sapient, with few of them granted our blesing to guide the rest.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2014, 10:46:10 am »

I propose that we name this realm Pat the Bob.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2014, 11:03:33 am »

"P-Pat the B-Bob?! Where the Void did you come up with a name such as that? That is...simply...terrible. I see no reason to call the realm anything along those lines."

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2014, 12:35:20 pm »

Anath shakes his head. "Like most of our random colleague's suggestions, I fail to see the value of a single word that passed through his mouth."

"As for the issue of delayed reincarnation, I fail to see why it is an issue. As long as they are reincarnated, even if it takes a while, the cycle will continue."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2014, 02:03:59 pm »

Sleep is for the weak, isn't it?
---------

I look toward the ocean god, disapprovingly.

"What purpose would making the world a desert have? We can make it a lush paradise with little more effort. We have no purpose for life bringers if the world itself acts as a life bringing. I would assume a water god such as yourself would detest the desert, not suggest it. Besides, that would block of the night sky one of us loves so much, and is simply untested. Why not go with a simpler, more practical design?"
But why go simple? It is easier to create something grand then to start small and build up. We are gods after all. Why test, when we can force it to work?
I do agree, the center of desert is not what I want. It should be a "standard" planet, surrounded by rings. But why not life bringers, instead of rain?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 475