Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 481762 times)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.92 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #1095 on: December 30, 2012, 11:01:54 pm »

Oh we are just dicking around as usual.
We always promise to keep it down and not clutter the thread, but then we end up filling 5 pages with bickering.

But yes, totally, roll with chicks or any animal as the catalyst and have the reaction require plenty of parts and materials so you can't easily spam robots out.
Components don't have to be really rare, I think you should just need lots of them, like a whole boat full of wires, plates and other mechanic bits so that it takes some time to haul everything and then construct it rather than having 5 rare items serve as reagents.
Just mah thought.

Isn't that what slave trader bought slaves are?
Methinks that chicks should be used for sprite-bots, and the brahmins and/or bighorners be protectaponies and Mr. Hooves.
Not too sure about security turrets though.

He is talking about using an expendable unimportant unit as a catalyst to transform into a non-organic robot, like a security turret.
The chick in this case would become your new security turret because new units can't be spawned easily from reactions.
He suggested chicks because they are plentiful, breed really quickly and are basically redshirt egg laying expendables.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: December 30, 2012, 11:04:34 pm »

Oh we are just dicking around as usual.
We always promise to keep it down and not clutter the thread, but then we end up filling 5 pages with bickering.

But yes, totally, roll with chicks or any animal as the catalyst and have the reaction require plenty of parts and materials so you can't easily spam robots out.
Components don't have to be really rare, I think you should just need lots of them, like a whole boat full of wires, plates and other mechanic bits so that it takes some time to haul everything and then construct it rather than having 5 rare items serve as reagents.
Just mah thought.

Isn't that what slave trader bought slaves are?
Methinks that chicks should be used for sprite-bots, and the brahmins and/or bighorners be protectaponies and Mr. Hooves.
Not too sure about security turrets though.

He is talking about using an expendable unimportant unit as a catalyst to transform into a non-organic robot, like a security turret.
The chick in this case would become your new security turret because new units can't be spawned easily from reactions.
He suggested chicks because they are plentiful, breed really quickly and are basically redshirt egg laying expendables.

Ahhhhhh. I see I see I see. A workaround to something that can't happen normally. Under normal circumstances I'd say only robots that actually have brains as procesors should be made from other creatures.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 11:15:02 pm by Indigo_Surprise »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: December 30, 2012, 11:11:48 pm »

I was just being funny about the brain thing...

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: December 30, 2012, 11:17:23 pm »

>Loves Sprite-Bots
>Thinks Sprite-Bots is the best thing ever
>Loves Lycaeon long time for Sprite-Bots

I like it. like the sprite bots use their tiny yet intelligent birdy brains for a processor!

.... it would explain alot actually...
I was just being funny about the brain thing...

I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: December 30, 2012, 11:26:53 pm »

Sprite-Bots are abominations created by a eldrich abomination in the shape of a pink pony to plague ponykind. Or, at least when they play polka music adorable little flying cupcakes of epic.

Sprite-Bots are beast. We need more of them. They make wonderful distractions for ghouls while the important things get underground behind twelve layers of steel doors.

Seriously though, they are actually pretty nice to have.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: December 30, 2012, 11:29:42 pm »

What's so good about sprite-bots besides the observational skill? They just lead ghouls closer to my base.
Security turrets are much better imo.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: December 31, 2012, 12:11:20 am »

I'll go ahead and incorporate robot production using chicks to...erhm...calibrate...each new robot in this version. :) The release will be slightly delayed.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: December 31, 2012, 12:53:21 am »

A little live-fire testing never hurt anypony.  Might hurt a chick or two, but it's not like you weren't going to butcher them for food anyway once they grow :P
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: December 31, 2012, 01:35:45 am »

I like it. like the sprite bots use their tiny yet intelligent birdy brains for a processor!

I suppose I have to be the first to say this:

Dr. Eggmare.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: December 31, 2012, 01:36:56 am »

Dr. Eggmare.

Not the first to think it though. Though he who dares, wins.

Also some interesting things about this current world of mine. The local wastelander sheriff is a ranger, very fitting. Also the local raiders are... lead by a goat demon.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 01:39:21 am by Indigo_Surprise »

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: December 31, 2012, 01:38:35 am »

Dr. Eggmare.

Time to build a huge chicken coop called Sanctuary where all the chickens are turned into sprite-bots.
Evil sprite-bots.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: December 31, 2012, 02:26:12 am »

Well, one downside I see with chickens it that they will drown the fort in eggs... Ah, I can just put all my nestboxes behind closed doors. Problem solved.
I'd rather use dogs or cats, which I want to have anyway. Cats are about as good for triggering scouts as sprite-bots, except they breed and if they're pets a pony gets unhappy when they die. Dogs can create a distraction for a pony to escape. Can one type of potion only target one type of creature?
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: December 31, 2012, 02:28:10 am »

Oh yeah, an update on the loyalty cascade. The soldier eventually bezerked and killed the sprite bot that's been harassing her. The caravan guards of my civ then put her down when she rushed the fort. Everything is fine now.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: December 31, 2012, 04:45:38 am »

I'll go ahead and incorporate robot production using chicks to...erhm...calibrate...each new robot in this version. :) The release will be slightly delayed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, it's new years anyway, a joyous night in which the whole point is getting drunk with friends and blowing up a small piece of your country to celebrate.
DF can wait 'til tomorrow, it ain't going nowhere. :)

Oh yeah, an update on the loyalty cascade. The soldier eventually bezerked and killed the sprite bot that's been harassing her. The caravan guards of my civ then put her down when she rushed the fort. Everything is fine now.

You fucked up, didn't you?

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: December 31, 2012, 09:03:55 pm »

> Well, it's new years anyway, a joyous night in which the whole point is getting drunk with friends and blowing up a small piece of your country to celebrate.
Thanks Replica. :) I wish a Happy New Year to everypony!

> Can one type of potion only target one type of creature?
Having it target chicks only is the most streamlined approach. In any case, if you manage breeding properly, you'll run out of robot components before chickens.

For this iteration of the RobronCo Assembly Line, you'll only be able to manufacture upgraded robots - the base robots aren't useful enough to warrant the necessary resources. The sprite-bot will be the only exception...the assembly line produces an armored sprite-bot that fires plasma bolts.

Robot components:
Chassis: Manufactured at the RobronCo Prismatic Forge. Advanced robots require schematics.
Motors: Can be scavenged or manufactured at the RobronCo Prismatic Forge.
Steel plating, wiring, and clear glass: Self-explanatory
Sensor Module: Sprinkled in moderate quantities among salvage as in Fallout 3. Excess can be taken apart at the workbench for scrap.
Processing Matrix: Found in Stable-Tec and RobronCo crates. There are advanced and basic versions. This will most likely be the limiting reagent for robot production, so I've also added copying reactions to the arcane and MAS research facilities; you'll be able to take basic/advanced hologems from the gemcrafting stations and duplicate the talismans. Robobrains and cyberdogs won't require them.

Most will also be dropped by destroyed robots.

I tried to make it so that all components can be found or manufactured by developed Stables, and any excess broken down for scrap. Needless to say it was a bit more than I anticipated when I started, so the release will be soon, but not today. The goal, if not for this version then for future ones, will be to enable fully developed Stables to produce robot armies limited only by their chicken industry.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 09:14:11 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 210