Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1083752 times)

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.13-r1
« Reply #1020 on: September 27, 2014, 01:48:21 pm »

I took some time to fix forum-dwarves script (if you don't know what's this: here's a sample of what it does)
Nicely done!  Thank you very much, Mchl.

jwhite.df

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: September 27, 2014, 02:55:37 pm »

That's the script output? It gives more detail than the dwarf screen?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 27, 2014, 03:15:45 pm »

What sections are you referring to? That looks like the information available on the dwarf information screens in 0.40.xx to me.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Mchl

• Escaped Lunatic
  • I'm having lots of fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: September 27, 2014, 04:19:24 pm »

No, there is no additional information over what is available on dwarf information screen. This script pretty much only dumps the available text and adds forum compatible coloring in place of DF formatting symbols.
For announcements and reports I created a script that adds date and time to each entry. I can also add forum colouring if anyones interested. For now its output looks like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You can get it here: https://github.com/Mchl/dfhack/blob/master/scripts/markdown.lua

I can add this functionality (plus coloring) to forum-dwarves without much hassle.

Kirkegaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: September 28, 2014, 05:59:15 am »

Anyone else have issues with the copy savegame option? It does not seem to do anything at all?

(using .13 starter pack r3)

Additionally can't "fixdiplomats and fixmerchants" be removed? the issue seem to be fixed.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1025 on: September 28, 2014, 08:36:48 am »

Anyone else have issues with the copy savegame option? It does not seem to do anything at all?

(using .13 starter pack r3)

Additionally can't "fixdiplomats and fixmerchants" be removed? the issue seem to be fixed.
Fixdiplomats can indeed be removed since Toady readded Elven diplomats, but he hasn't readded Human Guild Representatives so Fixmerchants is still useful.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: September 28, 2014, 09:13:11 am »

Small problem

I edited the init-example file before renaming it. Dunno if that changes anything.
Used Notepad
Renamed to dfhack.init
Won't identify the file on startup, keeps saying it will use init-example, but there is no init-example
Tried extracting just the init from the rar, it's still attuned to notepad and its name is just dfhack, no init or even init-example

No idea what to do :S Please help
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: September 28, 2014, 10:04:31 am »

Did you save it as "dfhack.init.txt" accidentally? What do you see when you run "script dfhack.init" in the console?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: September 29, 2014, 01:24:46 am »

turn on showing file extensions in windows. If you see a .txt at the end of the file, get rid of it.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: September 29, 2014, 02:40:33 pm »

Do interaction-triggers work properly? The way I understood it, roses' spell scripts seem to work in the arena, but not with interaction-trigger.

Is there any quick way to test this? I am still getting the too few actors error for the create-item script, so I guess that's suggesting it's working.

Code: [Select]
modtools/interaction-trigger -onAttackStr "summons a steel sword" -command [ devel/print-args "Steel sword summoned" ]
modtools/interaction-trigger -onAttackStr "summons a steel sword" -command [ rendermax ]
Doesn't do anything at all though. Now, I'm not sure if using devel/print-args like this should work, but simply writing the command "rendermax" into the console generally throws an error. This doesn't though, and nothing happens.
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: September 29, 2014, 02:44:33 pm »

interaction-trigger does not work in the arena AFAIK, probably for the same reason most tick-based repeating loops don't.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: September 29, 2014, 03:03:00 pm »

interaction-trigger does not work in the arena AFAIK, probably for the same reason most tick-based repeating loops don't.

I'm testing it in adventure mode though. Should the commands that I posted work, or are they completely wrong?

Also, how would I go about launching scripts every time a new region is loaded? I'm writing a script that should log the beliefs of any historical figures the player meets, but I have no idea how to automate the launching of the script. I'm not sure if "region" is the right term, but I need to the script to run whenever a new historical figure might be loaded.
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: September 29, 2014, 04:32:56 pm »

turn on showing file extensions in windows. If you see a .txt at the end of the file, get rid of it.

Thanks a million, I turned them on and changed it from dfhack.init.init-example to just dfhack.init. It works now :D
"zzz"

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: September 29, 2014, 05:39:46 pm »

If I understand my search results correctly, this screen is from stackflow, right?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: September 29, 2014, 05:41:27 pm »

"After a polite discussion with a local rival, X has claimed the position of king of Y"

Unfortunately my only soldier was just cursed with nobility. I need him to help train the other soldiers and also don't want him to be cursed with this awful curse of nobility, worse than were or vampire. Is it possible to use DFHack to remove or change nobility? I didn't know he was elected leader of the site and would rather replace him with someone else.
"zzz"
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 360