Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1561782 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 5678 luaghs and counting
« Reply #5550 on: April 27, 2016, 12:23:00 am »

For a moment I thought you meant if you were in DC comics.

If you're in a comic book universe, the White House is either a smoking hole in the ground, or you will have more bones broken than there are bones in your body by ninja robot archons.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #5551 on: April 27, 2016, 12:33:54 am »

That is a most, most foolish assumption to make.
Not really.

Things we know:
1. The guy jumped the White House fence to escape security.

Ergo:
1. The guy was panicked+stupid enough to jump the White House fence to escape security.

When panic mode kicks in, rational planning goes out the window. It's a dumb (and hilarious) decision, yes, but it's not really something you can blame the guy for.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5552 on: April 27, 2016, 12:34:56 am »

If you're in DC, I would hope you'd figure out where the White House is. It's kinda famous. Then maybe not jump the fence under any circumstances. I'd expect it to be something of a shoot first, ask questions later deal.
You would think, but there were a few incidents while Obama was in office and I don't think any of them resulted in gunfire.

Off the top of my head, someone accidentally landed a drone in the white house lawn once.  There were others but that's the incident I remember.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5553 on: April 27, 2016, 12:48:47 am »

Not really.

Things we know:

Ergo:
1. The guy was panicked+stupid enough to jump the White House fence to escape security.

When panic mode kicks in, rational planning goes out the window. It's a dumb (and hilarious) decision, yes, but it's not really something you can blame the guy for.

No, no. It's reasonable to assume the criminal was either (both?) panicked or stupid; it was the assumption that the dude posting on politico has never been more panicked than the mundane examples offered. All we know of them is they think criminals are stupid and post on politico. Not exactly the foundation for a well-formed and insightful opinion regarding their testicular fortitude.

If you're in DC, I would hope you'd figure out where the White House is. It's kinda famous. Then maybe not jump the fence under any circumstances. I'd expect it to be something of a shoot first, ask questions later deal.
You would think, but there were a few incidents while Obama was in office and I don't think any of them resulted in gunfire.

Off the top of my head, someone accidentally landed a drone in the white house lawn once.  There were others but that's the incident I remember.

I'm sure someone deliberately landed on the White House lawn in a flyer that they built, but they did at least warn everyone when they'd do it.

Perhaps they just don't shoot the obviously stupid ones?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5554 on: April 27, 2016, 01:07:31 am »

Not really.

Things we know:

Ergo:

No, no. It's reasonable to assume the criminal was either (both?) panicked or stupid; it was the assumption that the dude posting on politico has never been more panicked than the mundane examples offered. All we know of them is they think criminals are stupid and post on politico. Not exactly the foundation for a well-formed and insightful opinion regarding their testicular fortitude.

You're missing the point. It's an experiential thing, not a "guts" thing. If you've never been in a situation even remotely akin to that, you just assume "lol what a retard" exactly like that person did. They demonstrated a complete lack of comprehension of the mental state of someone running from authorities after having committed a crime, hence my assumption that they've never been in a similar situation.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5555 on: April 27, 2016, 01:14:15 am »

Fair enough.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5556 on: April 27, 2016, 01:32:31 am »

Finally someone else who says "fair enough", I say that all the time and no one else I know does.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #5557 on: April 27, 2016, 01:38:38 am »

I say it when I don't agree but also don't care
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5558 on: April 27, 2016, 01:59:20 am »

I was going to say in this instance that isn't the case but it kind of is.

I seem to be taking things personally more often lately. It is most bothersome. I think I've managed to piss off or frustrate (that I know of) at least 6 people on the forum in the last week or so.

I guess that's funny..?

Quick, emergency joke!

What's black and white and black and white and black and white?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5559 on: April 27, 2016, 10:08:23 am »

Finally someone else who says "fair enough", I say that all the time and no one else I know does.
are we secretly the same person
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5560 on: April 27, 2016, 01:36:46 pm »

Are we talking about the phrase itself or using it to eject from an argument?  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5561 on: April 27, 2016, 02:34:05 pm »

Wait, you guys say "Fair enough" too? Hooray! :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5562 on: April 27, 2016, 02:41:01 pm »

Well...
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5563 on: April 27, 2016, 02:43:32 pm »

We need a pathos joke bot so the process is automated whenever the opportunity presents itself. Until then.

*obligatory pathos joke*
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5564 on: April 27, 2016, 03:03:29 pm »

Fair enough.
(that is, Pathos joke bot)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 879