Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1561611 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 7037 laghs and counting
« Reply #7275 on: March 22, 2017, 12:05:32 pm »

Yesterday I was watching a show called Lockup, a documentary series in Wabash prison.
One episode was showing this religion based on the Norse gods that was becoming increasingly popular amongst prisoners, that prison officials suspected of being a front for white power groups. As the narrator said the words "White power" at one point there was a zoomed-in, slow motion shot of a crowd's feet, following one guy walking along wearing a pair of New Balance shoes. xD

I had to pause it and rewind to see if my eyes had deceived me.
Nope, that actually happened. Those were NB trainers alright. That joke is pretty ingrained at this point.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #7276 on: March 22, 2017, 02:38:02 pm »

Quote from: Significant Digits, which is a fanfic sequel to Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality, which is a fanfic of Harry Potter
Dumbledore, for example, had once asked them to produce from their vaults the Seventh Hammer of the Shona, stating that he wished to destroy a rock of unknown provenance and import with utter certainty.

It's just a brick joke, but it's a very good one.

(Near the beginning of HPMOR, Harry mentions that he had a pet rock once, but it died. Near the end, he discovers that Dumbledore killed his pet rock. So this is actually a double brick joke.)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 02:41:19 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7277 on: March 22, 2017, 05:11:56 pm »

apparently in 2005 sesame street made a part mocking trump. its as brilliant as ever.
Link to that? I remember seeing something like that, but I didn't think it was actually Sesame Street, just a parody of Sesame Street.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7279 on: March 22, 2017, 07:59:01 pm »

That wasn't what I saw, sorry.

Turns out it was a MADtv parody.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7280 on: March 22, 2017, 09:10:41 pm »

Even subtitles can't help with the Scottish dialect.

Was watching the U.K. version of Being Human, last series, episode 2. Basically, the Scottish ghost goes into the bathroom to find child ghost sitting fully-clothed in the bath rubbing a loofa over himself, and mumbles in an exasperated manner "Little Baby Jesus, what are you doing?" as she goes in.

The subtitles then proceed to tell me she said "Little Baby Cheeses" which, given the thread, I found to be pissing hilarious.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #7281 on: March 23, 2017, 01:08:44 pm »

I made myself laugh today - I was reading Significant Digits, and I read something along these lines:

Quote from: that French Returned woman
Esther and I are going to look at houses in Godric's Hollow.

And I wondered - "Why are they going to walk along some town and look at houses? Huh, I guess it's their idea of a good time."

And a few dozen chapters later, it was revealed - they are going to move to Godric's Hollow! *facepalm* Obviously. That's what "looking at houses" means. Stupid English and its nonsensical idioms.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7282 on: March 23, 2017, 01:18:50 pm »

That's not even particularly nonsensical.  :v
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7283 on: March 23, 2017, 02:25:51 pm »

"Looking at houses" isn't particularly idiomatic, really, they're looking at houses so they can pick the right one to purchase. Would you just buy a house without looking at it first?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #7285 on: March 24, 2017, 02:44:17 pm »

Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7287 on: March 25, 2017, 11:22:57 pm »

Well, I mean, I agree with the van.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7288 on: March 26, 2017, 12:46:44 am »

It's funny.  That statement works for both sides of the argument if you don't look at the graphics.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7289 on: March 26, 2017, 01:06:11 am »

Well, I mean, I agree with the van.

What's the point in giving a shit?
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 879