Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 434805 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim leads the way to the DT-Sct room.

"I suppose it would be silly of me to ask if anyone else thinks this is weird."

-snip-
Make sure we don't forget to take the cubes; memorise which cube corresponds to which person.

Jim does this as well while making sure to keep a good hold on his own cube with at least three hands at all times.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 02:05:42 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

As I said, 'Corps service keeps interesting. Though I fully expect that wherever our help with repairs is needed, the place will feature quite hazardous conditions.
But - yeah, a bit weird.

Follow Jim. Make sure we don't forget to take the cubes; memorise which cube corresponds to which person.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Not weird, just new. is Milno's answer to Jim's comment. "Finding something I can consider strange is getting harder by the day."

To DT-Sct, hold onto cube.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"Doesn't yet beat light that runs out of gas after a few meters. But then, we haven't really started."

Hold on to my cube, and follow Jim.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

"I like this cube, I'm calling him Sir Manfred"

Hold Sir Manfred close. Caress cube lightly. follow Jim.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

The team wanders down the hall, clutching their metal encased cubes to their chests, until they find the door marked DT-Sct. Inside that room is another man and a set of chairs, and another control panel. The machinery and electronics around the chairs is greater is quantity for these particular machines; a maze of metal, circuitry and wires, all clustered around each chair.

"Alright, This is going to be a dry test of the system which you'll all be using to interface with the target. We're just gonna run some standard drills, work with some simulated situations, and get you all working together. Just chose a chair and put your NID cube in the slot under the right armrest. We'll get going once you're all seated."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Sure."

Follow instructions.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Do as told. Get seated.
(( I wonder, is there any particular purpose to these 'action breaks'? Apart from cutting the introductory sequence into sizeable chunks of text, that is. Are they there to give us the opportunity to mess with the processes, like, don't know, go postal out of the blue or  mix up the cubes so that no one knew which is theirs?
Or maybe they are there for us to start disbelieving/resisting as soon as possible, before it's actually too late for that?))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim got seated, placing himself in the chair to the left of Milno. (Just in case placement matters.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

((I assume it gives you chances to socialize/ask questions/generally RP.  Also, pacing.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Basically, drama then? Works for me. ^^^)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

(( Ah, right. Completely forgot about that part; yeah, I'm cool with it too.
Just.. trying to be slightly paranoid ever since the Armory Master's training :P ))
Past Sigs

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Get seated, next to Maurice if possible, and follow the instructions.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

"Looks like it's time for business, Sir Manfred." He turns to the others "Good luck guys"

Get seated and follow instructions

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

The team gets into place, loads up their cubes and gets strapped in. The machines immediately hook up to the nerve nodes and automated injection systems flood fleshy bodies with drugs. Jim has to get a personal cocktail from the technician before he's under with the rest of the team.

Consciousness is replaced by a dreamlike state, an infinite expanse of white. In in this expanse floats the 5 members of the team, incorporeal masses of vague consciousness, a glowing core of awareness wrapped in a haze of half formed ideas. Faces, hands, objects, whatever they think of briefly and incompletely forms from the haze around their core before collapsing back into the abyss of mindlessness.  Chin is much larger then the others, a chaotic mass of 20 or 30 glowing masses.

The technician's voice filters in from far away.

"Ok. This is a blank neural interface. We use it as a test ground to let people get accustom to the system. Now, I want you to try and form those consciousness projections into some more definite shape. Doesn't matter what it is, you can turn yourself into a horse for all it matters."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 243