Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 70904 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 1 begins
« Reply #405 on: February 26, 2021, 12:49:27 pm »

Toony, lots of people have voted Luckyowl and unvoted or have said they would vote him. The claim changed minds (whether for good reason or no).

Persus, Lucky was in two short games in a row where he claimed that he had flipped a coin to decide LYLO. He was sort of joking to deflect responsibility, and everyone hated it. If I recall, in both cases he made the right choice, but then in a third game he chose poorly at LYLO.

TricMagic, I'm reviewing my reads list now. But first, tell me the name of your role. I asked before and as far as I can tell you ignored the question.

Of course I ignored it. I will actively continue to keep it close till the right time. As it stands I will not be leaving my house tonight, not targeting anyone, nor anything else. I'll stick to that testimony until I'm dead.

As it stands, Persus13's post is very much trying to sway the lynch away from him onto other targets. Which isn't alignment indicative. You can't say you are tying the vote when you yourself are on the chopping block though, that's just trying for survival. As it stands, you have to bear the burden of Secretdorf's actions. LO's revival may not be perfect, but it does allow us to revive you in some form. After which LO is either going to need investigation, or lynching.

And as noted, LO, don't revive them if they are a warlock. It seems that role does have a habit of turning anti-town.

Has anyone actually changed their mind on the Persus/secret slot or did everyone just collectively decide to give that slot time to post and then never went back to it?

I have no clue what this means, but I'll use context clues. Persus hasn't really changed my decision that dorf was scum.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 26, 2021, 12:51:29 pm »

After which LO is either going to need investigation, or lynching.
I see someone's thinking a few steps ahead.

I agree. Once Lucky revives he always needs to be either inspected or killed in some way, to rule out the possibility of a scum priest.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 26, 2021, 12:58:43 pm »

Heads up, this is probably my last post of the day.  I'll try to check back but no promises; certainly won't be any cases with details.

LuckyOwl:
Luckyowl, are you genuinely busy somewhere else this week? I want to hear from you.

yeah, I work during the day and finish in the evening. So I'm mostly not here for a good while. When the game started on weds I came back to 7 pages of nonsense rvs and memefeast post that I didn't wish to give a 'read' on those sort  of nonsense so I went off to play some M&B:2. Here I am and now it seems I'm up the chopping block. So I'll laid out a proposal. I am the priest and I think we should lynch webadict. Mainly for two reason. If he is scum, then we just outted a pretty terrifying scum player, if he is town then I can rez him at night bringing him back into the game as a more powerful confirmed town. It's a win-win in all account. A dead scum! Web is great and a confirmed town! web who was brought from the dead is even better.

This plan is bad.  I haven't done the math but I'd give resses about 50% chance of ressing back into town.  We have seen survivors, SKs, and conversions to scum team.  A bit into meta reads here, but I read this plan as "I don't know how Supernatural resses work mechanically" bad instead of "I am either lying or have a sinister plan" bad.

Webadict:
I swear, I still don't know why Toaster is going after Jim Groovester. It's the COMPLETELY wrong move, and Toaster's doubling down on it STILL. It's wrong. I don't think I'm interpreting it wrong, I seriously think Toaster's trying to cast doubt on Jim, but I don't think it'll work because Jim is too Town. I think even worse than the vote on Bluarian (which... like, okay, I can't really fault them for it because I'm the only one that actually thinks Blue might be Town still, so maybe it's not awful) is the FoS on TricMagic. I feel like I'm running in circles with this one because I think Toaster doesn't see a future for TricMagic elim today, but does see Town equity in the Bluarian elim, even if Blue misflips. I'll give points here, if Blue flips scum, I'll chuck Toaster into Townread because it's definitely not a bus. Like, you could bus Blue, but I think in this case, there's too many other viable elim candidates for it to matter.

I think you're reading too deep into my issues with Jim.  I'd love to see more out of him, yes, and know he can do better.  Maybe he is just having an off day?  I'll tell you when I have more data, which isn't now.  His lowest possible rank for me now is "keep an eye on."  There's a read list coming, so check that toward the bottom.

NQT:
Hangers-on - Toaster and Juicebox both like each other

I don't recall mentioning juicebox ever this game; my general sentiment leans ever so slightly negative but I'm about to read over juicebox's content.  Oh hey it barely exists!

Toaster, Jim, I don't think either of you have given a definitive reads list though you have each scattered your impressions. Care to enlighten us?

Because I don't like doing full read lists this early on because that's not how my brain works.  That said, I'm okay with doing one now.

Tier List

They're fine, whatever tier:  People I don't suspect.  Unordered.

webadict
ToonyMan
Persus13  I'm gonna be frank, I've run out of time to read over Persus's new posts with any detail.  Okay I speed-analyzed this post and there are no obvious flaws.
IcyTea31
Luckyowl  If we buy Lucky's role claim, his behavior makes meta sense as someone not really sure how Supernatural priests work.  This is a bit of a free pass, but one I will absolutely not extend to D2.

Slightly Arched Eyebrow tier:  Keeping an eye on these folks.

Vector   Vector pinged my gut in the first half of D1.  I have nothing specific to put my finger on, and it's a pure gut read, but Vector basically has one foot here and one foot in the above tier.
Jim Groovester   Like I said, I feel he could be doing better.

Don't like their play tier:  People I have specific reasons to suspect.

TricMagic   My suspicions of Tric have fallen, but he's not out of the woods yet.
notquitethere  NQT has multiple big posts with high word count and little scumhunt count; see the past Supernatural game analysis and the "relationship" matrix which he states specifically that it doesn't currently mean much for scumhunting.  I am not happy with NQT so far.

Scum tier:  People I'm totally okay with voting.
Juicebox   No wonder Juicebox wasn't strong in my mind; there are hardly any posts to reference.  See below for more detail.
BluarianKnight  I've made my case on BK.

Claimed Survivor tier: 
4maskwolf is in my "problem to deal with later" tier.  The more he tries the safer his neck is, and he appears to be trying so far.

On Juicebox:  So far Juicebox has voted twice.

Once he voted for NQT while saying his top scumpicks in the same post:
Since you asked NQT

[snip]

That leaves Secretdorf and LuckyOwl, both of whom have been mostly absent for D1. It's unusual for both of them to have this little presence in the game, and I can see an argument that they're both lurking scum.

That's odd.

Here Juicebox moves over to Secretdorf.  Well, at least he's following his own words.

Then...

unvote as well, now that Secretdorf has been replaced

After that, he asks Webadict a question on his read of me, then later posts a couple comments.  No current vote, basically no current suspects.  Nothing.

TL;DR I'd be happy to hang BK, Juicebox, or NQT today.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 26, 2021, 01:00:55 pm »

TricMagic is lying. There's exactly one town role in the game that fits their claim, and several scum roles. By not claiming the town role, they are in essence revealing that either they are scum, or that they are lying about not having an action, or worse, that they are a werebear sk baiting us into investigating them so that they get easy kills.

Do you understand that Tric? Tell me the role name.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 26, 2021, 01:07:19 pm »

You can't say you are tying the vote when you yourself are on the chopping block though, that's just trying for survival. As it stands, you have to bear the burden of Secretdorf's actions. LO's revival may not be perfect, but it does allow us to revive you in some form. After which LO is either going to need investigation, or lynching.[/qiote]
I'm very confused what that first part even means. Heck yeah I tied the vote. I told everyone I did when there's 8 hours to go. The vote even got untied within 30 minutes too. I don't trust LO's revive, so I don't really care about that.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 26, 2021, 01:07:53 pm »

Bleh, fix of last post.

You can't say you are tying the vote when you yourself are on the chopping block though, that's just trying for survival. As it stands, you have to bear the burden of Secretdorf's actions. LO's revival may not be perfect, but it does allow us to revive you in some form. After which LO is either going to need investigation, or lynching.
I'm very confused what that first part even means. Heck yeah I tied the vote. I told everyone I did when there's 8 hours to go. The vote even got untied within 30 minutes too. I don't trust LO's revive, so I don't really care about that.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 26, 2021, 01:10:40 pm »

I suppose a vote demands a response, but I think to this my best response is to just keep playing and find an angle of "attack with much heft". Unless you have a more specific complaint?

Yeah, just consider it a wake-up call, I guess. At least in the present context of "the rezzing plan was a bad idea."

LO's revival may not be perfect, but it does allow us to revive you in some form. After which LO is either going to need investigation, or lynching.

OK, you do understand that what you're recommending here is lynching someone and, if they're town, likely turning them into an anti-town role? That "may not be perfect" thing is glossing over a lot.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 26, 2021, 01:14:29 pm »

TricMagic is lying. There's exactly one town role in the game that fits their claim, and several scum roles. By not claiming the town role, they are in essence revealing that either they are scum, or that they are lying about not having an action, or worse, that they are a werebear sk baiting us into investigating them so that they get easy kills.

Do you understand that Tric? Tell me the role name.

A fun idea, but no. You have to wait till later. Accusing me of lying when I never actually said any role name is a bit silly. You could say I'm lying about staying at home, but...

You know, this kinda firms you into scum, NQT. Hunting me down instead of looking at others who are on the block, just to be seen scumhunting. Does anyone else know what role matches mine? You don't actually have to say it, just say you also see it. If more do, I'll reveal it today. But it kinda leads NQT to be scum, as they'd have no reason to force a reveal if they are right and town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 26, 2021, 01:16:10 pm »

BEAR the burden, NQT

bear the burden

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 26, 2021, 01:16:39 pm »

Also Tric your reads are bad and I'm not voting Persus.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 26, 2021, 01:17:21 pm »

Toaster
Looking at my notes, I had it that you were null on Juice and he had a strong town read on you which averaged out to mild town sentiment. The inaccuracy is because you hadn't given reads before.

Tric, I will go back and check the possibilities as there might be something I'm missing here. If there is, I'll apologise. But from where I'm standing it looked like you're making things up that aren't in the game.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 26, 2021, 01:18:56 pm »

Anyone wanna tell me what the dreamwalker actually does?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 26, 2021, 01:20:22 pm »

I suppose a vote demands a response, but I think to this my best response is to just keep playing and find an angle of "attack with much heft". Unless you have a more specific complaint?

Yeah, just consider it a wake-up call, I guess. At least in the present context of "the rezzing plan was a bad idea."

LO's revival may not be perfect, but it does allow us to revive you in some form. After which LO is either going to need investigation, or lynching.

OK, you do understand that what you're recommending here is lynching someone and, if they're town, likely turning them into an anti-town role? That "may not be perfect" thing is glossing over a lot.
True, but the main issue of LO's plan as town happpens to be lynching webadict, someone with a lot of content, nd hoping they don't rez as anti-town. Persus is replacing, and doesn't really offer anything to deal with what secretdorf left behind. Toaster at least managed something to peak my interest. Not enough to shift them any, but juice has not posted much. Persus could push for that, but instead LO/Toaster votes with Blue suspicions.

Such is your lot. I am fully against a LO lynch, and this revival stuff at least gives a possibility of clearing Persus of secretdorf's sins, assuming it doesn't convert him. Or he replaced into mafia, which I find more likely.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 26, 2021, 01:20:28 pm »

Anyone wanna tell me what the dreamwalker actually does?
You get a random Night PM from a player in the game. You don't know which player.

Otherwise you get random dreams for flavor I guess?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 26, 2021, 01:24:02 pm »

Such is your lot. I am fully against a LO lynch, and this revival stuff at least gives a possibility of clearing Persus of secretdorf's sins, assuming it doesn't convert him. Or he replaced into mafia, which I find more likely.

I am also against low info policy lynches on Day 1, which is what Juice is. That doesn't give me any info to town. Investigative roles can get info, those without won't have much to go off of.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 115