Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1083904 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: An RTD (Treebird Season)
« Reply #135 on: November 12, 2013, 11:11:08 am »

"When it comes to SMELL it does!"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 12, 2013, 11:11:21 am »

I get up and leave the stealth bench and walk over to the disguise bench with Angel.
"Hi, I'm Irine."
"Hi, Irine! I'm Angel. Your tails are really pretty."

"To call you a lizard would be to call me an inept chimpanzee. Totally different things."
"Yeah. The first one is an obvious lie, the second one is a concealed truth."

"well, um, most true shapechangers use biochemical energy to release a series of enzymes that react with their base genetic code to reverse the differentiation of the majority of their cells then re-differentiate them based on either an imprinted or aquired secondary genetic sequence, right? Well, um, instead I use an affinity resonance to react with environmental thermal energy and convert through it from one recorded state into another. It works completely different!"
Angel is listening closely.

"Does the difference between your shapeshifting technique and other shapeshifters have any difference when things come to shove, though? I doubt whether or not you're forming into a gas or an organic mass really matters practically. I generally find that differences in magic technique are all well and good, but really all that matters is practicality. It's like asking whether a baseball bat breaks people's bones or snaps them: there's no difference, it's just factoids. Besides, most shapeshifters I've dealt with usually modify their auric signature to fit their needs. Though generally that means you can only modify yourself so much before you snap back to your usual shape."
"Well, she'll be able to be dispersed by people who are expecting it, and the process either gives off or absorbs heat. Sounded like it absorbed, but she said it burns."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 12, 2013, 11:13:54 am »

"Gotcha, unge... Wait, what happens if someone breathes in the heat while you're shapeshifting? Assuming you turn into a gas, that means if someone close by breathes in, you're going to be missing a lot of matter, so you'd find yourself missing an arm or a leg. And if the energy shifts with you, that person is going to have an arm in their throat." Jordan smirked. "Sounds like a pretty nice method to kill someone. Who'd expect it?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 12, 2013, 11:17:29 am »

I get up and leave the stealth bench and walk over to the disguise bench with Angel.
"Hi, I'm Irine."
"Hi, Irine! I'm Angel. Your tails are really pretty."
"Thanks."

"Um, not a gas. Thermal energy, heat. Fire. The burny stuff."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 12, 2013, 11:18:32 am »

"Still not impossible for it to get stuck inside someone."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 12, 2013, 11:21:07 am »

"HEY! that's not nice! and it's not my fault if you don't know that fire is hot! I didn't make you or anything!"

"Well, you are being unjustly disparaging toward people with what may be perfectly decent methods of technobabbling their voodoo magic transformations away. It doesn't feel very nice to have your abilities demeaned, does it?"

"To call you a lizard would be to call me an inept chimpanzee. Totally different things."
"Yeah. The first one is an obvious lie, the second one is a concealed truth."

"Now that's not a very nice thing to say, little girl. Though the noble chimpanzee and I certainly share an ancestor down the line, we're hardly the same, are we? Same applies to our friend Irine and a lizard, obviously."

"Wouldn't that be even worse than becoming jelly? You'd lose a lot of energy as it dissipates all around you, which would presumably leave you with less matter. That is, if affinity resonance was not just a made-up thing to cover for voodoo magic."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 12, 2013, 11:23:34 am »

"...You turn yourself into thermal energy?"

"Now that's not a very nice thing to say, little girl. Though the noble chimpanzee and I certainly share an ancestor down the line, we're hardly the same, are we? Same applies to our friend Irine and a lizard, obviously."
"I was insulting your intelligence. By not realizing that, you kinda proved me right."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 12, 2013, 11:26:23 am »

"Um, not... not really, no. I actually don't have a common ancestor with a lizard... ever."
"Wouldn't that be even worse than becoming jelly? You'd lose a lot of energy as it dissipates all around you, which would presumably leave you with less matter. That is, if affinity resonance was not just a made-up thing to cover for voodoo magic."
"Um, that's the point, actually. I'm not always the same size."

"...You turn yourself into thermal energy?"
"Uh... temporarily..."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 12, 2013, 11:26:33 am »

Wow, Zechariah thought. We have some odd friendships circling around here. Maybe it's the atmosphere of the area. The dark senses are awakening.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 12, 2013, 11:29:09 am »

"Um, not... not really, no. I actually don't have a common ancestor with a lizard... ever."
"Everything eventually has a common ancestor with everything. Except aliens."

"Uh... temporarily..."
"Oh. Neat!"
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 12, 2013, 11:30:42 am »

"Not... Not quite everything... um, um, I mean, aren't we all from different universes and stuff?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2013, 11:31:32 am »

"I was insulting your intelligence. By not realizing that, you kinda proved me right."

"Not so much not realizing it as giving you the benefit of the doubt. Alas, though, you are indeed a surprisingly nasty little muppet for a little girl. Insulting people you don't even know. I'm sure your mother would be proud."

"Then you are a space alien?"

"Um, that's the point, actually. I'm not always the same size."

"But that means you'd get considerably smaller each time, as matter does tend to turn into a crapton of energy."

"Not... Not quite everything... um, um, I mean, aren't we all from different universes and stuff?"

"You presumably came from somewhere, and that somewhere presumably had lizards as well, considering that you know what one is. Thus, you have a common ancestor with a lizard. Unless you are a space alien, of course."
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 11:33:20 am by Harry Baldman »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 12, 2013, 11:32:34 am »

"I think so... Well, maybe. We could just be from different planets. Or the same planet, at different times."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 12, 2013, 11:33:34 am »

Zechariah decided now was a good time to interject.
"The girl's right. We all are related, one way or another. Which is why we all have these different kinds of powers. Maybe not on a biological level, but there are multiple frequencies which we all tune in to. The same way."
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 11:37:48 am by DarkArtemisFowl »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 12, 2013, 11:37:52 am »

"Then you are a space alien?"
"Aren't YOU? You're from some alien universe to me, how much more alien than that can you get?"
"But that means you'd get considerably smaller each time, as matter does tend to turn into a crapton of energy."
"That depends on how you do it."
"You presumably came from somewhere, and that somewhere presumably had lizards as well, considering that you know what one is. Thus, you have a common ancestor with a lizard."
"Um, no?"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 521