Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 211

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1416129 times)

Arrek

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarves are overrated. Magma is the new dwarves!
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #2445 on: September 14, 2017, 05:46:30 am »

So I was wondering if it was possible to add a sort of prepare/fire thing for ranged weapons. Mind you, I know that you already have this in a way, but I mean a specific value, like for melee weapons. For example, if someone were to implement a repeating crossbow, [RANGED_ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:1:1] instead of say [RANGED_ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:1:10] or something along those lines. It would really open up modding, I think.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: September 14, 2017, 06:08:33 am »

So I was wondering if it was possible to add a sort of prepare/fire thing for ranged weapons. Mind you, I know that you already have this in a way, but I mean a specific value, like for melee weapons. For example, if someone were to implement a repeating crossbow, [RANGED_ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:1:1] instead of say [RANGED_ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:1:10] or something along those lines. It would really open up modding, I think.

Limegreen-ified that for you. I want to make some high-tech weapons like machineguns and lasers for a project I'm working on.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: September 14, 2017, 12:08:13 pm »

Once the magic system gets implemented (I'm aware that's still a while coming), will players creating their own magic-powered technology for their forts be a possibility?
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Beag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: September 14, 2017, 07:43:31 pm »

1. Will animal people and randomly generated races eventually get detailed facial and physique descriptions like humans, dwarves, elves, goblins etc.
2. If not how will law enforcement track the physical descriptions of animal people criminals without being suspicious of every animal person they see?
3. Will magic that disguises what you look like be possible in some worlds?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: September 14, 2017, 07:43:45 pm »

I'm certain it's possible, if that's what you really wanted to know. Suggestions, on the other hand, belong in the suggestions forum section.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: September 14, 2017, 10:18:27 pm »

Do merchants notice/care if you try to sell them artifacts that belong to their civ? Do they recognise the diplomatic intent of offering them their artifacts for free (as opposed to free barrels of prepared meals for example which may well have a higher 'value')?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 10:22:39 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: September 14, 2017, 11:09:39 pm »

Once the justice system finds its way into adventure mode, will it be possible for your player character to start out as a prisoner?
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: September 15, 2017, 01:08:58 am »

Once the justice system finds its way into adventure mode, will it be possible for your player character to start out as a prisoner?
If you've some idea of how that would work besides 'wait to be rescued', you should take it to the suggestions board. Think the current thinking is that, after imprisonment you'd retire then try to rescue yourself with a new adventurer (or now with a rescue squad too).

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: September 15, 2017, 02:51:55 am »

If you've some idea of how that would work besides 'wait to be rescued', you should take it to the suggestions board. Think the current thinking is that, after imprisonment you'd retire then try to rescue yourself with a new adventurer (or now with a rescue squad too).

Guess what? Myth will have wall destroying explosions. This will make wizards pretty hard to imprison unless there's antimagic of some sort.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: September 15, 2017, 03:35:52 am »

Probably possible if not intentful. You should be able to take over any historical person, and if their in prison, then them too.
EDIT:
And there is a planned goal to get captured and become imprisoned. So playing as a prisoner is planned. No reason not to start as one then.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 03:40:04 am by MrWiggles »
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: September 15, 2017, 03:52:18 am »

Probably possible if not intentful. You should be able to take over any historical person, and if their in prison, then them too.
EDIT:
And there is a planned goal to get captured and become imprisoned. So playing as a prisoner is planned. No reason not to start as one then.
Yes, but there doesn't seem to be a plan yet as to what you'd actually do after having been imprisoned. Which is why I suggested a Suggestion. Large scale prison sites, slaves with a fair amount of freedom to move around, gladiators, etc. There's a fair amount of fun stuff you could do besides 'wait in a cage'.

And yeah, accidentally starting as historical man-in-cage is hilariously planned. :)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: September 15, 2017, 04:37:39 am »

Picking locks, deconstructing walls, jumping guards, fashioning tools/weapons, randomly being rescued, cooperating on a breakout, all sorts of things planned.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: September 15, 2017, 05:12:36 am »

3. Will magic that disguises what you look like be possible in some worlds?
A dwarf is no one.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: September 15, 2017, 06:39:23 am »

Picking locks, deconstructing walls, jumping guards, fashioning tools/weapons, randomly being rescued, cooperating on a breakout, all sorts of things planned.
Prison chief (staring at hole in wall): So...what exactly happened?
Gremlin guard: He was locked in, his legs were chained and all he had on him was a pickaxe and bunch of lockpicks.
Prison chief: I see...
Gremlin guard: Before I knew it he was free. Jumped right over me then out the front gate where his mates were waiting.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: September 15, 2017, 07:37:10 am »

It was probably the gremlins fault for pulling a lever to release all the mechanised chains/open the doors and its a cover story for the guilt.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 211